Gran Turismo 5

The 2011 Gran Turismo Awards were held last Thursday night in Las Vegas, and Kazunori Yamauchi himself selected this year?s ?Best in Show? winner: a 1971 Chevrolet Camaro, customized and tuned by Mary Pozzi of Salinas, California.

The Camaro beat out an impressive and diverse set of GT Awards finalists in the other categories, including:

Best Truck/SUV: Casey Scranton?s CGS Performance Ford F150
Best Domestic Car: Filip Trojanek?s 1966 Widebody Ford Mustang
Best Asian Import: Mike Mixon?s custom Nissan 370Z
Best European Import: Mark Arcenal?s custom 1990 Porsche 911 C4
Best Hot Rod: Marry Pozzi?s custom 1971 Chevrolet Camaro

Mary has been involved with motorsports for many years, and actually drives the car in competitive events. Take a look at this video for more background on Mary?s accomplishments, her thoughts on suspension tuning, and a look at the car in action:

As with previous award winners, the Camaro will be included in the GT franchise at some point in the future, though Kazunori didn?t yet know exactly when that would be when I asked him.

http://www.gtplanet.net/71-chevrole...m=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+gtplanet+(GTPlanet)

That Camaro looks allover the place on that super soft air suspension.

PD said they fixed Tsukuba save error but they didn't... Now it happened 4h into the race.

What exactly is the problem? I am hesitant to start a long endurance race if there is a problem with the saves. Does it not save or something?

New interview with Kaz:

GTP: First, congratulations on your class victory at the Nurburgring 24 Hours. What did you learn from the experience?

KY: You might be surprised by my answer, but I actually didn?t have that much time to prepare or train this year for the race. I actually brought a copy of GT5 to the hotel, and throughout the event, I would come back to the hotel and practice again with the game. Even while the actual race was going on, between my driving sessions, I was practicing in GT5!

GTP: Could you explain why you decided to open Polyphony Digital?s new offices in Fukuoka and Tokyo? How is the company structured now?

KY: The answer is quite simple ? it is because of the nuclear accident at Fukushima. After it happened, I calculated how much the radiation would spread, and it turned out there would be a significant amount of radiation in a 500 kilometer radius around Fukushima, which would lead to people having to leave Tokyo.

I had everyone with small kids or families move to Fukuoka. Considering all the different cities in the area, Fukuoka was a prime location.

GTP: There has been much discussion and debate in GTPlanet?s community regarding GT5?s Standard and Premium cars. Could you explain how you came to the decision of which cars would be Premium and which would remain Standard, such as the Bugatti Veyron?

KY: It wasn?t a matter of making a decision, we just didn?t have time to do it! There is still a possibility that some Standard cars may become Premium in the future.

GTP: In an interview last year, you mentioned that some Standard cars may be upgraded to Premium status in the future. Do you still have plans for this, or will GT5?s future DLC focus on adding new car models to the game?

KY: I think that we should focus on adding new cars to the game.

GTP: Could you offer any hints about what else may be coming in the future, or how frequently new content may be released?

KY: We?re continuously working to make more and more content for the game, and I think what?s really important is the reactions of our users. We?ve had our DLC and our 2.0 update, and the reaction has been really good so far, but we want to look at the overall feedback to see what we should do from here on, and adjust accordingly.

GTP: If you could go back in time and start over with GT5, is there anything you would do differently?

KY: No, because I think everything that I thought about in that way, we have done in the updates. If I can think of one, I think we should have made more A-Spec races. When you buy a car, it?s fun to be able to participate in a lot of races with that car, and I don?t think there were enough.

GTP: How will you decide when to stop supporting Gran Turismo 5 and begin the transition to Gran Turismo 6?

KY: [Laughs] I?ll think about that next year!

GTP: In the future do you see Polyphony Digital dedicating resources to major Gran Turismo titles or to creating more spin-off games, such as Tourist Trophy and Prologue?

KY: The only thing I can definitely say is the next one will be GT6, but we might have something else pop-up in between now and then [laughs]!

GTP: In closing, is there anything you would like to say to the GTPlanet community?

KY: The feedback we receive from our users ? the positive and the constructive feedback ? really provides energy for our company and really motivates us to do more. I think if we can keep up that relationship with the community, that would be great! Lastly, thank you all for your support!

Haven't played online in while, last night did a Monaco freerun. How is it possible for my Dodge Ram be 1 second slower than my fully tuned m5?

Also took out a possibly stock 458.

What exactly is the problem? I am hesitant to start a long endurance race if there is a problem with the saves. Does it not save or something?

Sometimes after you resume the game car is going too fast and out of the pitlane. Then the car is driving by itself without going into the pits, so it ends at 80 km/h without tyres and fuel.

As far as I know that happens only in Tsukuba.

Seen a few people online using the DLC cars (Though not the Prius) the Challenger was slightly faster than mine.
We all know the DLC pack is a con, but is there anything worth the money?

Tracks, no.
Suit and helmets, no.
Paint... I kinda want them. The one time use fucks it up.
Cars???

Some of the TC cars are cool. The Prius is just hilarious since you can't mod the normal Prius properly. I also like the Roadster RS. Many of them are pointless.

Spa is a good track but honestly I am having more fun with the kart tracks. The paints are cool, don't give half a shit about racing suits and helmets but since cars+tracks is more expensive than the complete pack, I ended up with them anyway.

I've played Spa online. It's not a ?5 track. I'll try and play a kart online if I can.

Is anyone else having problems with the Kart Space tracks? No matter which car/kart I use on them, something goes horribly wrong with the picture and I can only see the track when looking backwards. It isn't so much a screen tear as in everything is pink.

I don't have any pictures of it just now as I had limited time to play it since PS3 is at home and I'm up at uni...

Is anyone else having problems with the Kart Space tracks? No matter which car/kart I use on them, something goes horribly wrong with the picture and I can only see the track when looking backwards. It isn't so much a screen tear as in everything is pink.

I don't have any pictures of it just now as I had limited time to play it since PS3 is at home and I'm up at uni...

My old PS3 would do things like this before I replaced it.... do you notice any problems in any other games? Or any other minor graphical glitches? For example, cars would randomly have a green wheel or a piece of landscape would suddenly extend infinitely.

My old PS3 would do things like this before I replaced it.... do you notice any problems in any other games? Or any other minor graphical glitches? For example, cars would randomly have a green wheel or a piece of landscape would suddenly extend infinitely.

It's just GT5. Every other game works great. Coincidentally, GT5 is the only game that will continually freeze when I am playing it, this is with removing it from the hard drive and reinstalling it again...

It is an old fat PS3 and hasn't ever missed a beat...

Last edited:
BF3 is making mine go BONKERS with its fan...I am afraid it is dying.

Japanese classics <1979

using my 1965 Silvia csp311.

Last edited:
Is there a good guide to completely backing up GT5 (including dlc content)? I think my ps3 is close to death with all the graphical corruptions and constant game hangings.

You can't just make a copy of the save file as they won't let you use it on a new system, you have to use Playstation+ (or whatever it's called) to backup.

Yeah, I think only PS+ offers a cloud based save system.

You can't just make a copy of the save file as they won't let you use it on a new system, you have to use Playstation+ (or whatever it's called) to backup.

So if my ps3 dies I'm screwed basically?