Gran Turismo 5

Did we ever get the Academy cars? I have to download a 500mb update for gt5, don't wanna waste bandwidth.

On the official site they write it will be around 4th July. when the competion has ended

The DLC is out (for those in North America at least)....I know this since I got it about an hour ago :)

Motegi (3 variations and the 1.5 mile oval) and the Scion FR-S is a freebie that everyone can get I think.

My PS3... burned(?) my GT5 disk.

New GT5, PS3 plays everything fine, I have been playing a TON of GT5 recently - stopped working, took the disk out, looks like the disk itself has lines burned into its surface from the PS3's laser.

Very odd.

I was close to finishing all of the events, too. I'm sad.

Come next console generation I will probably not bother with a console... Can't even play GT5 anymore.
I feared this would happen, the different DLC's have effectively split the community in two. You can be in a awesome room where you have good races, fair races where nobody cheats, rams or cuts corners. Then the track changes to Twin Ring Motegi or Route X and your game is over... It never did make any sense that you could play DLC tracks online without buying them but seriously... It was a mistake to buy the game when it just came out. What I ended up with is a half finished game that I have to spend extra money on to patch...

I was inactive in GT5 for a few months and what has happened is I have to basicly buy the game again... :|
DafuQ... :|

My brother in Canada just bought me a PSN card and sent me the code for my birthday! At last I'll be able to download the DLCs! Can't wait to get to know Spa :-d

Did anyone do the latest seasonal events featuring Ferrari F1 cars? Racing an F1 car around the Nordschleife 24-Hour circuit has been just about the most fun experience I've had with GT5. :D

After the double update and another new intro video? My seasonals are at March.

How come I only got the Leaf Academy car?

How come I only got the Leaf Academy car?

GT5?s GT Academy 2012 Prize Distribution Schedule Released
July 5th, 2012 by Jordan

Yesterday, the first prize (a Nissan Leaf) earned by participants in the GT Academy 2012 mini-game was distributed to players in Gran Turismo 5, but it wasn?t yet clear when the others would become available.

Earlier today, Polyphony Digital cleared up the confusion by releasing the following schedule which outlines the exact dates the other prizes will be distributed, once per week at approximately 07:00 GMT.

July 4 / All Golds in Round 1 / Leaf G (GT Academy) ?11
July 11 / All Golds in Round 2 / SILVIA spec-R AERO (GT Academy) ?02
July 18 / All Golds in Round 3 / SKYLINE GT-R V?spec II (GT Academy) ?94
July 25 / All Golds in Round 4 / 370Z (GT Academy) ?08
August 1 / All Golds in Round 5 / SKYLINE GT-R V?spec II N?r (GT Academy) ?02
August 8 / All Golds in Round 6 / GT-R Black edition (GT Academy) ?12
August 15 / All Golds in Round 7 / GT-R Black edition Tuned (GT Academy) ?12
August 22 / All Golds in Round 8 / 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy) ?08
August 29 / Bronze or Better in All Rounds / GT Academy 2012 Racing Suit

As noted in the announcement, once available, the prizes can be redeemed at any time between their initial release date and January 25, 2013. Thanks to RACECAR for the quick tip!

Anyone doing the latest seasonal events?

The newest one features pickup trucks and for the first time ever I used the Chevy Silverado SST Concept (used the Dodge Ram and F150 Lightning in the previous events). One of the first things I noticed about it is that it handles amazing and non truck-like at all (especially compared to the other pickups) and sure enough I found out later that it has the same suspension as the Corvette. :D I also painted mine yellow because I was bored of looking at all the red ones in the field (looks great in yellow BTW). :D

I had pretty good fun during this event and I'm glad that we're still getting a new A-spec challenge or time/drift attack every week. :)

I tried to do it in the Midget. I can keep up with the last up to the Fuchsr?hre. But the errors in Adenauer Forst left me trailing behind.

Do you guys use the racing line? I just realized that I used it ever since I got the game when it came out and never turned it off. I mostly use it for the red braking points (sometimes they're very wrong and basically show where the AI will brake), but starting tomorrow I'm gonna turn it off to add a bit more to the realism (it's gonna be like taking the training wheels of your first bicycle! :p) and since I know my way around pretty much every track, I don't need it anymore. :)

Last edited:
No, I always assume it's wrong. Well, I take a different line to what the game thinks is best. :D

It is the best line to collect driftpoints.

I got used to the red blinking gearsuggestion. Which basically provides the same thing without the "Holy shit, I need to be somewhere else" moments.

Do you guys use the racing line? I just realized that I used it ever since I got the game when it came out and never turned it off. I mostly use it for the red braking points (sometimes they're very wrong and basically show where the AI will brake), but starting tomorrow I'm gonna turn it off to add a bit more to the realism (it's gonna be like taking the training wheels of your first bicycle! :p) and since I know my way around pretty much every track, I don't need it anymore. :)

I still use the racing line, like you, for knowing where the braking points are.

Once I have learned a track I turn off the racing line. After about a thousand laps around The Ring I am now able to complete a clean lap, even a very fast clean lap, in most cars without the racing line needing to be turned on. The same thing for Tsukuba.

Suzuka I can do without the racing line, but every now and then I get tripped up and overshoot a corner. (Usually with high powered cars) It is the same with Leguna Seca (Although I am comfortable enough to leave the racing line off for short races, I keep it on for longer races where I get tired)

I actually don't race on a lot of the tracks. I race about 5 tracks repeatedly and only do the other tracks every now and then. I stick with Suzuka, Leguna Seca, Tsukuba, Top Gear track, and The Ring. I use to run that one french track with the name I can never remember to test the top speed of cars, but now that the test track has been released I do not race that track as much any more. The Ring is the one I have spent the most time on (Not joking about the 1000+ laps) Its actually pretty cool because I think that is how many laps Sabine Schmitz said it takes to learn The Ring in real life.

I do not follow the racing line, but a lot of times my line and the racing line over lap for certain turns. The racing line for most of the city tracks are a joke though.

Last edited:
Anyone do the latest seasonals? One features the GT Academy '12 370Z (tuned), and the other features Lambos.

For the 370Z ones, you had to do both a race and a time trial at the Nordschleife (TT doesn't allow any tuning, but the race allows unlimited PP). They were both quite a challenge; I only beat the gold time by 1-1.5s and even though I fully tuned my car for the race, I overtook the leader at the penultimate corner (proper race that was; I dare someone to try to win that without tuning :p).

The Lambo one was OK, but nothing great (it was quite frustrating at times). First, all events limit you to 550pp, so you can either use a stock Gallardo, tuned Countach/Miura, or de-tuned Diablo Race Car/Murcielago/Aventador. I used the Gallardo and getting past most of the cars wasn't very difficult, but those damn Miuras at the front were always causing me problems and I had to re-do almost every race to win. I had to re-do Rome and SSR5 a few times to win, but on the Autumn Ring, Nordschleife, and Toscana, I had to use SRF to win. No matter how hard I tried, I was always around 10s behind the leading Miura when starting the last lap on Autumn Ring and I was usually around 8-9s behind the leader when entering the main straight on the Nordschleife :)glare:)...I didn't even try to do Toscana without SRF because I was worn out and wanted to get it over with :p. Something quite hilarious happened on Toscana, actually: I was 4th (all 3 in front were Miuras) on the 3rd lap and when I turned into the corner after the main straight all 3 of them had spun out! :rofl: For all the frustration they caused me over the last races, that was just so satisfying to watch! :mrgreen:

That's probably it for the seasonals featuring GT Academy cars since the prize this week was a racing suit, so it'll probably be only Time/Drift Trials and normal A-Spec seasonals from now on.