Gran Turismo 5

Actually, the way cars enter/exit over steer is exactly what kept me away from truly enjoying FM2. I am far from an expert (maybe someone more experienced can chip in), but from my (limited) experience with a few different RWD cars (IRL), there's always an over steer "surge" when initially breaking traction loose that you need to catch to maintain the slide (especially light-weight, short wheel base, or cars with sensitive steering), when regaining traction and exiting a slide, weight transfer of the car will result in a "jerk" both in the rear end and the steering wheel. In my opinion, both of these are lacking in FM2. If this is the "snap" you are talking about, maybe you are basing too much of your opinion on FM2's physics engine? Every games' physics engine behaves differently and you need to give it some time to learn it, simply because no one has the technology to simulate car physics down to perfection, you just need to decide which one is closer to real life.

The turn-in problem you are discribing sounds like a classical tuning-needed-case. :)

I finally got it! I just got done playing it for a few hours and it's sure a lot more game than all of Motorstorm in my opinion, far more. I really like it, it's really just as good as I thought it would be. I don't though get a good sense of the weight of cars like others said, it probably has to do with the fact that I was using a regular Six Axis controller with no vibration(the dual shock 3 just came out here in the states). It's exactly the natural progression you'd expect from the next GT game, it's more complex in every way. I have to say that is the new Nissan GTR really sounds like that in real life, need one of those...........when I get rich. :lol:

EDIT: By the way the update failed the first time I tried to get it, it stalled. It worked on the second try, I am dissapointed with the time it takes to install games and get updates on the PS3(it takes forever).

I was using a regular Six Axis controller with no vibration(the dual shock 3 just came out here in the states).

Sony decided that the dual shock 3 was worth AU$100 (US$93) here in aus, so I doubt i'll be buying one locally any time soon.

Sony decided that the dual shock 3 was worth AU$100 (US$93) here in aus, so I doubt i'll be buying one locally any time soon.

At least you have the Dual Shock Availabe in AUS!

I think cars won't exixt by the time it hits European shores! Hahahah!!! :lol:

The turn-in problem you are discribing sounds like a classical tuning-needed-case. :)

That's one of the main drawbacks I found with FM2. It's too much tune based. Which is not a bad thing, but I prefer to race the cars with the production specs. that's what makes me prefer GT over FM2. I think I said this before, but it's great being able to pick any car from a supermini (Ford Ka, Vw Lupo...) to a Supercar. You don't have to stick with a powerful car to have fun.

FM2 is more race based whereas GT is more driving for pleasure based. That's why I don't see one game being the direct rival to the other.

You are missing my point, I am not complaining how cars aren't behaving as I wanted. But instead, the game is not giving me certain feedback though the Wireless Wheel as cars do in real life.

Obviously, but there will always be something from real life that you can't replicate in a game.

I have to say I'm really liking it, there is far more to the game than I thought there would be but you can tell in a few places that it's part of a work in progress. I've noticed a few glitches/bugs here and there, like some cars not appearing correctly in the side mirrors of some cars and some graphical glitch in the replay while doing two player split screen racing. Also I found one event in the Nissan dealership that still has the penalties enabled and I have to say they are damn strict, I got penalized on multiple occasions for just using the curbs on the outside of a corner and I got penalized for having another car cut down on me when I was side by side entering a corner. I just felt that the penalty system was kind of buggy and that's probably why it was removed from the rest of the game, I have a felling it may be back once the bugs are fixed with it.

I have to say I'm really liking it, there is far more to the game than I thought there would be but you can tell in a few places that it's part of a work in progress. I've noticed a few glitches/bugs here and there, like some cars not appearing correctly in the side mirrors of some cars and some graphical glitch in the replay while doing two player split screen racing. Also I found one event in the Nissan dealership that still has the penalties enabled and I have to say they are damn strict, I got penalized on multiple occasions for just using the curbs on the outside of a corner and I got penalized for having another car cut down on me when I was side by side entering a corner. I just felt that the penalty system was kind of buggy and that's probably why it was removed from the rest of the game, I have a felling it may be back once the bugs are fixed with it.

I noticed pretty much all of this, did you or anybody else notice the lack of tire smoke in the rear view mirror?

the penalties are in the chevrolet dealership race as well and they are pretty strict.

overall I'm loving this game, its just as real as I thought it could be. im having the load of fun in the Z06 :D

I'm WEAK... I've just bought a Driving Force Pro... I got a good deal though, 99? brand new :)

I can't wait to test it !

I'm WEAK... I've just bought a Driving Force Pro... I got a good deal though, 99? brand new :)

I can't wait to test it !

Congrats killpanda!!!! And good deal too!!! :D
Now get ready for the GT experience!!!

BTW I hope to be able to play against you guys someday. I really want to test your skills online and enjoy a good race. It's a shame private servers cannot be created. :(

But please do me a favour. If you ever go online do not choose the damn EVO X Tuned as your car. I hate them so much :mad:

The DFP is 80 Euros in Germany right now, so no good deal...

Have fun with your DFP, it'll surely improve your driving experience! :thumbup:

The DFP costs 265 Euros here. You lucky bastards.:shakefist:

Also I found one event in the Nissan dealership that still has the penalties enabled and I have to say they are damn strict, I got penalized on multiple occasions for just using the curbs on the outside of a corner...
There are different penalties levels depending on races, you will get shortcut penalty if both your (right and left) tires go beyond the apex.

I noticed pretty much all of this, did you or anybody else notice the lack of tire smoke in the rear view mirror?
The graphics in rear view mirror definitely has been tuned down/needs work, at the moment it's lacking smoke and track layered details (such as tire marks, wire fence in Daytona etc). However it's already loads better than the Prologue Demo the came out around before Tokyo Auto Show.

You people forget that the PS3 is a BR player as well. Getting the game, plus the fact that you'll now be able to watch movies on BR makes the PS3 a good purchase. I'm on the fence about getting a PS3 myself, and GT5 + BR are two enough reasons for me to want to take the plunge.

And I'm a satisfied 360 owner to boot.

You people forget that the PS3 is a BR player as well. Getting the game, plus the fact that you'll now be able to watch movies on BR makes the PS3 a good purchase. I'm on the fence about getting a PS3 myself, and GT5 + BR are two enough reasons for me to want to take the plunge.

Pfft, Blu-Ray. MKV FTW. :evil:

Actually I'm sure most people know/remember that PS3 plays Blu-ray, what most people are forgetting is the quality it can upconvert DVDs especially if you have a nice big screen.