Gran Turismo 6

I certainly don't hope this is true - GT6 for the PS3.

In my mind it doesn't make a lot of sense. GT6 would be a perfect showcase for the PS4's capabilities and push some consoles. GT5 already stretched the PS3 to it's limits so it will be more of an evolution rather than a revolution.

I don't think there is anything to that story. I suppose it was a Freudian slip of that guy. Now, the GT crowd goes apeshit, but if you ask the guy about it, he'll probably shrug it off and say he simply got it wrong in his head.

I think he meant it might come out on PS3 as well as PS4. That wouldn't be that bad an idea because I think there are a lot of GT players around the world who would rather hang on to their PS3s instead of buying a whole new system. GT5 already looks great on PS3 and I don't think GT6 on PS4 would be a massive improvement (it won't be nearly the leap GT5 took over GT4).

Also, everyone knows they started developing GT6 even before GT5's release so they already have around 3 years in GT6 development for the PS3 and they're not gonna throw that away are they? I think they'll continue making the PS3 version and MAYBE they'll port it to PS4, or they'll just release it on PS3 and then start developing GT7 for PS4 only (remember, GT5 came out 4 years into the PS3's life, so I won't be surprised if the first GT title on PS4 is released in 2017).

All things considered, I am very much for GT6 coming out on PS3 because then I won't be tempted to buy a PS4 (even if GT6 is released on PS4 also) until a few years down the road when they release a cheaper slim version with all the bugs fixed. :)

Last edited:
Sure it wouldn't be a bad idea to release GT6 for the PS3 and the PS4. I would also welcome that. But that doesn't mean it's a possibility, let alone going to happen. Of course people would like to hang on their old hardware, but there comes the time for every old hardware to be replaced by new hardware. No publisher would go lengths to make games for about-to-be-displaced hardware just to be nice to people.

The PS3 works clearly at its limits with GT5, demonstrated by blocky shadows, severe slowdowns and more. I'm sure that there is some more room for improvement, but nothing that would justify releasing GT6 on PS3 as a polished GT5. Also, we do not know that PD has been working on GT6 for the PS3 already. For all we know, they might have gathered more raw data on tracks and cars to start programming as soon as they lay their hands on the first PS4 developer stations.

Also, a port between these two platforms seems next to impossible. GT is far too demanding for simply being ported to a system with a completely different hardware which is also more than one computer generation older. You can't just copy it over, it's a very complicated and time-consuming process. PD is not exactly known as the realm of speed, therefore I severely doubt they would be even able to do this in an acceptable time frame.

Sure it wouldn't be a bad idea to release GT6 for the PS3 and the PS4. I would also welcome that. But that doesn't mean it's a possibility, let alone going to happen. Of course people would like to hang on their old hardware, but there comes the time for every old hardware to be replaced by new hardware. No publisher would go lengths to make games for about-to-be-displaced hardware just to be nice to people.

The PS3 works clearly at its limits with GT5, demonstrated by blocky shadows, severe slowdowns and more. I'm sure that there is some more room for improvement, but nothing that would justify releasing GT6 on PS3 as a polished GT5. Also, we do not know that PD has been working on GT6 for the PS3 already. For all we know, they might have gathered more raw data on tracks and cars to start programming as soon as they lay their hands on the first PS4 developer stations.

Also, a port between these two platforms seems next to impossible. GT is far too demanding for simply being ported to a system with a completely different hardware which is also more than one computer generation older. You can't just copy it over, it's a very complicated and time-consuming process. PD is not exactly known as the realm of speed, therefore I severely doubt they would be even able to do this in an acceptable time frame.

I agree. GT6 is either going to be a PS3 or PS4 title. The two systems have completely different architectures. I kind of doubt that PD has had the resources to both develop a game for the PS3 and PS4, which means we will either get it soon for PS3 or some time after launch for the PS4.

Getting it soon for the PS3 means the next PS4 title would be waaayy out in the future.

With that said, I really hope GT6 is a PS4 game, otherwise we would have to wait way too much. :(

Last edited:
Guys, the PS4 launch is sometime in November this year. You think GT6 is anywhere near completion by that time?!?

If you paid any attention to the launch date fiasco of GT5, you know it isn't going to come out until at least a year later.
By then, launching that kind of title on the PS3 will be ridiculous.

Is Gran Turismo 6 Coming to PS3 This Year?
A Sony executive says it is.
by Colin Moriarty
February 27, 2013

Gran Turismo 6 rumors have been swirling around the Internet for several years, beginning almost immediately upon the release of Gran Turismo 5 on PlayStation 3 in 2010, when we learned that its sequel is in development. We learned that new tracks are being crafted and that the game may even be coming to Vita.

Now comes word from GTPlanet of an interview Silicon Republic conducted with SCEE?s Senior Vice President Michael Denny (one of the men you saw on stage during last week?s PlayStation 4 reveal in New York City). The 51 second audio clip, which was posted because of controversy surrounding a prior GTPlanet report citing the Silicon Republic interview, clearly has Denny state that Gran Turismo 6 is coming to PlayStation 3 ? not PlayStation 4 ? in 2013.

?You look at the games coming out on PlayStation 3 this year,? Denny says, ?[like] The Last of Us, Beyond, GT6??

Denny says this without skipping a beat and doesn?t at all seem concerned that he seems to have let the cat out of the bag. And someone in Denny?s position would most certainly know the longterm software plans for all PlayStation platforms.

We reached out to Sony for comment and clarification. All a Sony rep was willing to tell us was the following: ?In 2010, Kazunori Yamauchi confirmed that Polyphony Digital had commenced development for Gran Turismo 6. We look forward to sharing further details on this title in the near future.? When pressed for more information beyond that, Sony refused to give us further comment.

It wouldn?t at all be surprising for Gran Turismo 6 to be prepped for release on PlayStation 3. As Sony stated, the first-party studio responsible for the series, Polyphony Digital, has been working on the game since 2010, a time when PS4 dev kits may not have been available even to Sony-owned studios. Likewise, this may put into perspective why Sony is allowing another of its studios ? Evolution ? to work on a Gran Turismo-like game for PlayStation 4 in the form of DriveClub.

We?ll keep you updated on Gran Turismo 6 when we learn more.

Sorry, I still don't buy it. If they really are making GT6 for the PS3, I'll comfortably lean back, grab the popcorn and watch the shitstorm. I am sure they would be able to make a GT6 which basically is a better GT5 with more cars, more tracks, better performance and less weird game design decisions. But is that enough for paying a full game which basically is a rehash of an available game on an aging platform? GT6 would face Forza 5 on a next generation console.

Good luck!!! :tvhappy:

Sorry, I still don't buy it. If they really are making GT6 for the PS3, I'll comfortably lean back, grab the popcorn and watch the shitstorm. I am sure they would be able to make a GT6 which basically is a better GT5 with more cars, more tracks, better performance and less weird game design decisions. But is that enough for paying a full game which basically is a rehash of an available game on an aging platform? GT6 would face Forza 5 on a next generation console.

Good luck!!! :tvhappy:

Didn?t we just somewhat do that with GT5 Prologe and GT5?

Last edited:
Somewhat. But GT5 took so long, a Prologe almost made sense.

Didn?t we just somewhat do that with GT5 prologe and GT5 proper?
For the laughs, put GT4 in your PS3 and behold the difference. Full HD alone makes a huuuuuuuuuuuge difference.

On a sidenote, the words "GT5" and "proper" should not appear in one sentence.

For the laughs, put GT4 in your PS3 and behold the difference. Full HD alone makes a huuuuuuuuuuuge difference.

Oh, no doubt about it, but it left me with a weird feeling of "It?s not different enough to feel like a new game, but not similar enough to feel merely like an update..." :lol:

Also, "proper" removed, happy? :p

Oh, no doubt about it, but it left me with a weird feeling of "It?s not different enough to feel like a new game, but not similar enough to feel merely like an update..." :lol:
I'm kinda siding with you on that, but if you pull that definition through, every GT after the first one has only been an update of a previous version.

Also, "proper" removed, happy? :p
Much better, thanks! *relieved sigh* :happy:

And then you can be sad about how much you miss a properly organized (mostly) career, a full list of equally detailed cars, and an actually useful arcade mode.

If you have owned a car in GT4, it was unlocked to race stock in arcade mode. This is probably the single greatest feature I miss. Fuck this favorites bullshit.

I'm kinda siding with you on that, but if you pull that definition through, every GT after the first one has only been an update of a previous version.

I played GT3 for a month or two before getting GT4, and it felt like a huge leap. GT4 to GT5 Prologue did too, obviously, so I am not sure why GT5 felt less overwhelming.

Much better, thanks! *relieved sigh* :happy:
:lol:

They can't just slap a new face onto GT5, I fired it up earlier. After the updates, collected my camo Corvette. I then realised the real Corvette was now available, so you have to quit the game, open the store, find the car, download the car. Open Gt5, click downloadable content and then open the truck to get the car.

Fuck you PD.