Gran Turismo 6

I bought an MX5 after the first two races. Wait, whats this? A free Merecedes Benz AMG Vision thing? :| You can't use it for the early races, but why are you giving this to everybody now?

Why do you assume we're idiots? This is GT6, I know how to accelerate and stop... at the very least import licences from GT5.

p.s. I'm still dying and irritable, so i'm picking flaws.

I bought an MX5 after the first two races. Wait, whats this? A free Merecedes Benz AMG Vision thing? :| You can't use it for the early races, but why are you giving this to everybody now?

Why do you assume we're idiots? This is GT6, I know how to accelerate and stop... at the very least import licences from GT5.

p.s. I'm still dying and irritable, so i'm picking flaws.

Don't forget that you are now playing with a different set of rules and that not everyone who buys GT6 has played any previous GT game.

I understand having to redo the licenses test because of the complete overhaul of how vehicles react in the game (the new rules I mentioned). With completely different physics, suspension, and tire models, the way you drive is going to be different than it was in GT5. Redoing all of the licenses tests gets you familiar with the new way vehicles drive.

Last edited:
Are the licences compulsory? They weren't in GT5.

Essentially yes; You need to pass National B license tests to unlock National B events etc. You also need to complete some events on the previous tier before unlocking the next license test, so you cannot start by getting the license tests out of the way before doing any racing, which is probably why you cannot import the licenses from GT5.

Personally I don't mind the license tests but it is a shame that PD insists on using this very linear and tightly controlled career format; You pick some races from a list and win those to unlock the license tests, then you do those to unlock the next tier, and repeat. Like Aston, I think the best part of GT4 and GT2 was picking up an old banger, doing all events it was eligible for and upgrading it as you went along, selling your nondescript prize cars for extra cash unless you got something really cool.

I unlockedmy international B license this morning. I haven't used a single credit for cars because I've received all cars I needed as prizes, and I haven't bothered to upgrade any of the cars I have because the number of events I can do with any given car is not that great, so I'd need to upgrade at least three cars to do them all. Not that it matters that much, since I haven't really felt tempted to upgrade anything either since I do just fine with the cars in stock form anyway. Aside from the '59 Corvette Stingray Racer, which desperately needs some LSD and better gearing...

And yet, you just don't care about all that when you drive your stock NSX around Willow Springs in the darkness.

I fucking hate A.I. drivers.
4 laps race max 600pp, I have a NSX with 519pp, I start on 11th position, 10s gap between me and 1st place. I manage to close the 10s gap and take the lead after the first 2laps, but immediately after I overtake the car from the 1st place, he realizes that his car is much faster than it was until that point and stays on my tail until the end of the race. A cheap way of making races feel a bit competitive and it would be fine if I wouldn't get rear-end-ed more than a guy in San Francisco's Castro District. It's especially frustrating when you spin the car on the last corner because of the stupid AI.

Erm, soo the licences are interesting. The friends ghost-lines are kinda cool. :D

Some ramblings....

So I played for a few hours today, things I like... The challenges are interesting, the 1 litre of fuel was fun, however they should remove the time limit. I got to 2.6 miles but ran out of time.

There's one Silverstone variation, where you can absolutely rape two corners, you gain 10 seconds a lap.

I miss the car wash and oil change nonsense, now it's just a boring "it's done" phase. I wanna see Asian men wash my car.

Last edited:
Erm, soo the licences are interesting. The friends ghost-lines are kinda cool. :D

I was doing licences and after each one it said I was 1st out of all my PS friends, so I thought I was doing great. Then I looked at the leaderboard and I was 1st because nobody else had done any yet! :lol:

I was doing licences and after each one it said was 1st out of all my PS friends, so I thought I was doing great. Then I looked at the leaderboard and I was 1st because nobody else had done any yet! :lol:

I'm usually 6 out of 6. But there's one I did win. What's interesting is 'P5138 - Lancalittle' takes unusual racing lines, but we all end roughly at the same time. I use the ghost lines to try and out brake everyone, it rarely works.

I'm usually 6 out of 6. But there's one I did win. What's interesting is 'P5138 - Lancalittle' takes unusual racing lines, but we all end roughly at the same time. I use the ghost lines to try and out brake everyone, it rarely works.

I might have to go back and have a look at those. (If anyone wants to add me I'm "Gingetom", like my name here but without the "r")

I do enjoy the Goodwood Festival of Speed challenges. Partly because it's my favourite event of the year and it's cool to get to drive it, but also because they're challenging enough that it feels like a real achievement getting gold but not so difficult that you have to do them 100 times because you have to be millimetrically perfect to get the almost impossible target time.

I like the fact you can get bigger alloys, do they affect speed/acceleration?
I love that you can put wheels and paint your standard car. Which means I can have a close version of my car.

Mount Panorama :sick: it looks like it was imported from GT1.

I think Bathurst looks perfectly OK. Occasionally, though, the textures take time to load so you see really low res ones, which is a bit amusing.

I also spotted the first physics glitch yesterday. I was racing the rocket around Matterhorn and when going over the top of the mountain, out of nowhere, the car bounced as if I had run over a kerb or a piece of debris. Wasn't a big deal as it was only a slight bounce on a straightaway but it was a bit odd.

I'm still on the fence whether or not I need this game. After all it was GT5 which put me off so much that I lost interest in Gran Turismo almost completely. I haven't seen GT6 in action, but so far it looks pretty GT5-ish with some improvements, but the screwed up gameplay still seems to be there. I think I'm going to wait until prices have dropped a little and then I'll have a look.

How is the event counts in career? Limited or good? (ie, GT3/GT4 "good")

Limited. Not as much so as GT5, and there is no stupid level system preventing you from getting along, and the seasonals already work so there will be more, but it's nowhere near GT4.

I'm still on the fence whether or not I need this game. After all it was GT5 which put me off so much that I lost interest in Gran Turismo almost completely. I haven't seen GT6 in action, but so far it looks pretty GT5-ish with some improvements, but the screwed up gameplay still seems to be there. I think I'm going to wait until prices have dropped a little and then I'll have a look.

Essentially it's more of the same; Better physics, a bit more & better quality content and a lot slicker user experience in terms of menus and such. 'GT 5.5' really sums it up pretty nicely. If you hated GT5 I would assume you won't love this one either, but if you liked it and want more of the same then it's worth it.

No, you can't tell in that video. But when playing it, the trees look shredded.

Youtube's high compression makes small details impossible to distinguish.

I'll try and find some screenshots that don't have the background all blured out. Every screen I find of Bathurst in GT6, there is a lot of motion blur present. I never though trees in GT5 looked all that great anyways (They all look like card board cut outs). This generation there only a handful of games with good looking trees. This is the best picture I can find. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Kz0WDbKGK-o/Ukzko5IB9NI/AAAAAAAALdo/omdFR1bcJM0/s1600/GT6+Bathurst+04.jpg

However, in FM5, Bathurst looks great, but then again it has the advantage of more rendering horsepower. http://images.vg247.com/current//2013/10/Forza5_EB-Expo_Bathurst_03_WM.jpg

Last edited:
The whole "Stockyard" thing took me by surprised and for a moment I thought I threw away a car I just won. :lol:
Also, no more cheap used cars? Bummer...
Knocking over cones is fun, but I am oh so close to get gold in this one.

Fuck it, since my exclusive retailer can't order enough AE's. So I've settled with the Standard version from Amazon putting my 5? voucher to good use. Bummer about the shiny steelbox though :( But i want to fucking play this game and not wait for 2014 :blowup: