Gran Turismo 6

I concur. B-spec wasn't much of a game changer. The races was twice as longer than the A-spec races. 3 laps became 6. 10 laps became 20. The payout wasn't as great as A-spec. It wasn't quite much, but it may appeal to some people

There was this interview(or article) stating so. The microtransactions were hidden from the main menu, and instead needed to access a few screens before being introduced with the prices. It purely was optional. But, from what I've heard, the microtransactions in Forza are more aggressive. They are placed in clear view of the players, implying and suggesting the players that it was necessary to spend in order to advance in the game.

But, in my point of view, microtransactions are still microtransactions no matter where you hide it, or how you advertise it. Some ludicrously rich players will definitely cough up some cash just for some imaginary currency. Profits will be gained no matter how.

That's just my opinion, though.

I grinded a lot with B Spec, sometimes I just let it B Spec for a few hours. Removing B Spec has no other purpose than to boost the microtransaction purchase.

I think it's worth mentioning that the newer cars included in GT6 are priced cheaper in general than the GT5 cars!

They are generally the same, some race cars went from $3.75 million to $3.5 million, but with the prize money halfed that hardly matters.

This Jimquisition sums up my view. Microtransaction in $60 game is BS!

Last edited:
But, in my point of view, microtransactions are still microtransactions no matter where you hide it, or how you advertise it. Some ludicrously rich players will definitely cough up some cash just for some imaginary currency. Profits will be gained no matter how.

That's just my opinion, though.

Is this a bad thing, though? Is it a negative for you if someone wants to spend dollars to get more in-game credits instead of grinding for two hours to get them?

This is on a purely philosophical level, and assuming that the economy of the game works without using real money. And not really taking a stance on the particular implementations in GT6 or FM5.

But they are trying to force everyone to do it, not just those who want to.

Grinding for two hours just doesn't get you enough to buy a half-decent car in GT6.

Patch 1.02 brings more credits per race and the bonus back + new seasonals :D but also the RedBullX2014

[h=1]
i1deu8VkifP1cO.jpg
[/h] Last Update: 18/12/2013
Gran Turismo?6 Receives a Holiday Update

Polyphony Digital Inc., developer of the recently-released Gran Turismo?6 for PlayStation?3, has revealed details of a new update for the game that will be available on 18 December. Included in the update will be two new Red Bull cars and the Red Bull X Challenge, an innovative collaboration with Infiniti Red Bull Racing that includes 2013 Formula 1? World Champion Sebastian Vettel mentoring players in the art of driving an authentic formula car.

Owners of GT6?, that went on sale on 06 December, will have the opportunity to select the first two of four new Red Bull cars. The ?Red Bull Racing Kart? and ?Red Bull X2014 Junior? will arrive in dealerships in-game via the update, while the Red Bull X2014 ?Standard? and ?Fan? cars can be expected to join them at a later stage. All of the new Red Bull X2014 cars have been designed for GT6 in conjunction with Infiniti Red Bull Racing?s legendary Chief Technical Officer Adrian Newey.

The free update has been provided as a special end-of-year gift for Gran Turismo fans from Polyphony Digital and Red Bull and is a unique and exciting collaboration in the franchise?s 15th anniversary year. Commenting on the Red Bull X Challenge, Kazunori Yamauchi, President of Polyphony Digital Inc., said: ?We are very grateful to Adrian Newey, Sebastian Vettel and Infiniti Red Bull Racing for providing this special gift for Gran Turismo fans. To be taught how to drive downforce cars by the best racing driver in the world is very special and the new Red Bull X2014 cars are another exciting addition to Gran Turismo 6. This is the latest update for the game and there are more to come.?

Infiniti Red Bull Racing?s Sebastian Vettel added: ?I?ve been playing Gran Turismo since I was 12, so to take part in the game myself is just great. I hope everyone enjoys the game.?

A second phase of the Red Bull X Challenge, along with the other two Red Bull cars, will be made available in a future update for GT6.

Other elements included in Update 1.02:

Consecutive Login Bonus
When you login online for consecutive days, a bonus to all credits awards will accrue up to a potential 200% bonus on the 5th day. Be sure to login everyday to earn more credits!

Credits earned in Career Mode increased
The amount of credits earned in Career Mode have been increased. This may give good incentive to go back and try some races you?ve already cleared!

Entry requirements for Seasonal Events lowered
Players will only require a National B licence in order to participate in Seasonal Events and, for a limited time, there will be unique special events that will reward cars as prizes, so don?t miss this opportunity and remember to login online!

Bonus Events within Seasonal Events
Two new Seasonal Events will run from 20 December 2013 to 17 January 2014 and 02 January to 30 January 2014. These unique events to mark the seasonal holidays and the new year will feature special bonus credits.

I hated B-Spec and it was only useful for grinding and getting money. :dunno:

I like slowly climbing and having to carefully plan my spending.

Is this a bad thing, though? Is it a negative for you if someone wants to spend dollars to get more in-game credits instead of grinding for two hours to get them?

This is on a purely philosophical level, and assuming that the economy of the game works without using real money. And not really taking a stance on the particular implementations in GT6 or FM5.

I'm not against microtransaction, as even I have bought some online stuff from Mass Effect 3. But, if it seems forced, I will definitely cringe on it.

Just like stiggie said.

Grinding for two hours just doesn't get you enough to buy a half-decent car in GT6.

As I said...

I'll reserve final judgement on GT6 until I get further in it, but at the moment I'm at IA with roughly 3 million credits in the bank (+ 1 million from pre-order bonus), so far it seems workable without exploiting glitches, purchasing credits or using the anniversary edition cars (I have used them, mind you, but I always had a normally acquired car I could have used).

But what I, as someone who works in game development and with microtransactions (our products are free-to-play, mind) am interested in is whether microtransactions as a concept have gone to a point where simply having microtransactions would change the game's reception, and whether that effect would be limited to the 'hardcore' crowd. In other words, if you had GT5, and you had GT5+ which would be identical in every way except you could buy credits with real money, would your opinion of the two products be different?

Edit: as for the Red Bull....I share your pain. I just could not figure that car out at all in GT5. For the Goodwood drive, I babied it big time and snagged a gold time so that was it for me, never setting (virtual) foot in one again :lol:

Well, don't I feel like a moron after this update :bangin:

How are they forcing you? As others have said, you are never even presented with the option to buy in game credits unless you actively go looking for it.

Before seasonals came out, you had to grind for hours to get a decent car in GT5. At least with GT6, there are seasonals from the beginning to help you get more money.

I am not defending microtransactions. I think overall, microtransactions are horrible. There are only a few examples of where microtransactions actually work and make sense. However, for GT6, since microtransactions don't harm anyone, I don't really see a problem.

GT6 is a failure as it is not selling that well, so hopefully that means Polyphony will learn their mistakes and fix the game for when they release it for the PS4 (Not confirmed, only hinted that GT6 is coming to PS4 in an interview with Kazunori).

Last edited:
How are they forcing you? As others have said, you are never even presented with the option buy in game credits unless you actively go looking for it.

Before seasonals came out, you had to grind for hours to get a decent car in GT5. At least with GT6, there are seasonals from the beginning to help you get more money.

I am not defending microtransactions. I think overall, microtransactions are horrible. There are only a few examples of where microtransactions actually work and make sense. However, for GT6, since microtransactions don't harm anyone, I don't really see a problem.

GT6 is a failure as it is not selling that well, so hopefully that means Polyphony will learn their mistakes and fix the game for when they release it for the PS4 (Not confirmed, only hinted that GT6 is coming to PS4 in an interview with Kazunori).

In GT5 you can let B Spec grind for you, this option is gone now. So if you don't want to manually drive for hours you now have to buy credits (or cheat if you're on cfw), that's how microtransactions impacted game design.

I'm not terribly sad that the most unuseful feature called B-spec is gone, the Ai was so dumb, that i had to spent more CR on the car, then to get out of the race/races. Also pressing X all the time to say the Ai to go faster wasn't helping either. Also timewise, it was way slower than A Spec (also way less fun) because you couldn't forward anymore. I'd say i can do 2 races in A-Spec,in a lighter tuned car in GT5 than one B-spec race.

In GT5 you can let B Spec grind for you, this option is gone now. So if you don't want to manually drive for hours you now have to buy credits (or cheat if you're on cfw), that's how microtransactions impacted game design.

Except that removing B-Spec had nothing to do with adding microtransactions.

They could have released the game without microtransactions and without B-Spec mode.

I still don't see how they are forcing you to buy credits. What I see is that they removed a very unpopular, and broken, part of the game.

So because you actually have to play the game to earn credits, you think they are forcing you to spend real money to buy credits?

Wut ? And how are they forcing you to buy Credits? Yes they give out less price cars, but most of them in GT5 were unusable/garage collector items or in worst case, the car you bought for the event. Up to this point I've won cars i could use in the next race series (from a to ib for example). So i don't think it's a valid statement. And you don't realy need to buy cars, if you do the events you will win the cars you will eventually need for the race series :) only time you realy need to buy something special are the Onemake races (car specific from GT4 and 2), but we are talking 30k Cr here, peanuts.

Red Bull Jr. Car sounds rather nice:

You guys do know that B-Spec is gonna be added later on, right? Personally, I'm gonna try to get through the career spending as little money as possible. So far, the only things I bought was the Fit, a Kart, and cars required for the One-Make races; I'm halfway through the iB events and I only used my prize cars. :)

Last edited:
Didn't they change it so you couldn't sell them?