Gran Turismo 6

Anyone try the new seasonal TTs? The one with the S2000 around Matterhorn is huge fun. :D

I would, if Amazon didn't cock up my order.

Anyone try the new seasonal TTs? The one with the S2000 around Matterhorn is huge fun. :D

I haven't yet, but I loved Matterhorn!

KQl7ahN.jpg

Because EVERYTHING sounds the same with the race exhaust.

Please note I wrote the text below before realising that GT6 was in fact another PS3 rehash and not a new PS4 game as I would've expected.

I didn't even realise there was a GT6 until now, I was quite excited. I've watched a few videos including a look through all the cars and wow is it disappointing. So many of the cars are just old ones, for example out of all the cars in the Mercedes garage only 3 road cars are after 2004. They don't even have the 'new' Dodge Challenger for fuck's sake, and I was excited to see what Plymouth Roadrunners they had. Not one. I looked at Vauxhall for the Monaro, VXR8, Adam, Astra and Insignia. None of them.

Golf VI GTI? Nope. Citroen DS3? Nope. Gallardo Superleggera? Nope. An Audi RS4 that was made in the last 10 years? Nope. Veyron Supersport? Nope. This is fucking embarrassing. I know they're lazy with GT but I'm amazed that they have the cheek to release this. I was about ready to buy a PS4 tomorrow to get a nice, fresh GT but it's all recycled crap. I was pretty much sold on the '74 Countach but they're not getting my money just for that. One of the videos I saw was a showcase for a GPS box to put in your car so you can compare your real lap to the game? Who the fuck is going to buy that and why did they think spending time and money on that was better than sorting the ancient models and lack of interior views.

I swore that when I went to Xbox I'd never buy Gran Turismo again but I thought this might win me back, I look forward to their PS4 offering but it looks like there's no chance now. Forza 5 is also shit so bollocks to them all.

Play Hawk3n, it's fun when it's not crashing :lol:

Hey, I did participate in that...

I did get mine before Christmas :dunno:

They don't even have the 'new' Dodge Challenger for fuck's sake

Uhh...yes they do. You probably didn't find it because you looked in the Dodge dealership while it's actually in the "SRT" dealership.

I looked at Vauxhall for the Monaro

There's a Holden Monaro.

Golf VI GTI? Nope.

Why would you want that when you can get the Golf VI R (250+ hp with AWD)? Plus, the VI GTI is pretty much the same car as the V GTI which is in the game.

Last edited:
Toyota ?FT-1 Concept? Coming to GT6 January 14th as Free DLC
January 13th, 2014 by Wardez

Toyota is kicking off the North American International Auto Show with the reveal of their latest flagship concept ? the FT-1 Concept coup?.

This concept is not Toyota?s Vision GT concept, as explained on the Gran Turismo website:

?In addition to the creation of the FT-1 in GT6, Toyota is also represented in the groundbreaking Vision Gran Turismo project. A celebration of the franchise?s 15th anniversary, the project invites leading brands to design their vision of the future of driving. The resulting concepts will be released exclusively on GT6 later in the year.?

toyota-ft-1-2-638x425.jpg

The FT-1 was designed by the Calty Design Research group as a tribute to Toyota?s classic sports cars, staples in Gran Turismo?s history.

The name says it all. FT-1 stands for ?Future Toyota,? and the number ?1? represents the ultimate. According to its designers at Calty Design Research, the FT-1 Concept is the ultimate expression of a Toyota coupe design, building upon Toyota?s rich sports coupe heritage dating back to the 2000GT, Celica, Supra, MR2 and most recently Scion FR-S. In addition, the concept draws inspiration from Calty?s more recent sports car concept work such as FT-HS (2007) and the Lexus LF-LC (2012).

The project started nearly two years ago and represents a labor of love by a passionate, dedicated and gifted Calty design team. ?The FT-1 is a dream-project for a designer and car enthusiast like myself,? said Alex Shen, Calty?s Studio Chief Designer. ?Our team was heavily influenced by Toyota?s sports car past, especially Celica and Supra, and we sought to capture some of that history. It is an aggressive, track-focused sports car concept with a presence that has been amplified for shock and awe.?

toyota-ft-1-5-638x358.jpg

Toyota describes some of the features you can expect to find on the concept:

At higher speeds a retractable rear wing deploys and tilts forward to create additional downforce.

The front engine rear-wheel drive configuration locates the cockpit far rearward within the wheelbase to improve weight distribution. This design element also helps create the classic sportscar proportions one would expect from a vehicle poised to dominate even the most challenging road course. The cockpit?s wraparound windshield and side glass openings are a distinct nod to the design of the legendary Toyota 2000GT.

The interior is a focused, highly functional ?place of business? that locates the driver at the controls behind an F1 inspired steering-wheel. The intimate, low slung cockpit has its A-pillars set far back to help optimize cornering vision and sensation of the cabin?s intimacy. A delta-shaped display zone surrounds and integrates the driver to provide an exhilarating sense of being connected to the vehicle. The cockpit?s sense of minimalism adds to the purposefulness of the driver-focused environment with an emphasis on light weight components such as the composite seat covered with just the right amount of padding in only the areas that come into contact with the driver. A color heads-up display keeps the driver?s attention on the road ahead, with vital information projected just above the steering wheel within the driver?s line of sight.

While technical specifications do not accompany the concept, one can assume that the FT-1 represents an ideally balanced front-engine, rear wheel-drive layout that is powered by a high-technology, high performance internal combustion engine. Beneath a transparent glass hood, an ambiguous engine cover hides a powerplant left to the imagination of the onlooker.

toyota-ft-1-7-638x358.jpg

Polyphony Digital worked hand in hand during the development of the FT-1 Concept:

In preparation for pitching the concept to Toyota management, Calty worked with Polyphony Digital, creators of the popular Gran Turismo driving simulator, to bring FT-1 to life in a virtual world that captured the excitement, passion and performance conveyed by the concept model. Toyota executives were offered the opportunity to take FT-1 for a timed lap around a computer-generated Fuji Speedway. Behind the wheel of the concept, Toyota president Akio Toyoda, an accomplished race car driver, completed the virtual circuit faster than his best real-world lap time at Fuji in his LFA. From that moment, he was convinced and the concept was approved to be built in model-form for the international auto show circuit.

toyota-ft-1-6-638x358.jpg

The FT-1 will be available for download starting tomorrow, January 14th, as free DLC in the same style as the BMW M4, coming with a dedicated Seasonal Challenge. After test driving the latest car in GT6, be sure to discuss it with fellow enthusiasts in our forums.

Is Toyota responding to the new NSX with their new Supra? :mrgreen: This is coming out tomorrow (Jan. 14th) with the 1.03 patch which also includes an updated BMW M4 with an interior and some seasonals. :D

Last edited:
the VI GTI is pretty much the same car as the V GTI

Blasphemy!

And I'm still waiting for a game to have a proper MKV R32. The closest I've been able to get is an engine and drivetrain swap in Forza...

Blasphemy!

And I'm still waiting for a game to have a proper MKV R32. The closest I've been able to get is an engine and drivetrain swap in Forza...

Well they do have the IV R32 and the VI R is just better...in every way (except noise)...:tease:

Completed the new seasonals yesterday. The Toyota was pretty fun to drive around Laguna Seca though the gold time was rather easy, took me just three laps. Willow Springs with the M4 was more of a pain in the a... but in a good way. I just cannot seem to get my head around the long, wide turns and judge my entry speeds. Took me about 15 laps to get gold on that, mostly because all but two of the laps were invalidated by off-track moments.

And now I have two M4s. I even accidentally picked same color for both of them (not intentionally, I should note).

For me it was the exact opposite, easy with the M4 and harder with the Toyota. I got frustrated at one moment(I needed ~0.5s less for gold) and looked at the online rankings, then I noticed that all the players from the top use this setting: "Skid Recovery Force:On". Switched that to "On" and after two laps I shaved almost 2s from my previous best time, but it was less fun. I did the M4 seasonal before the Toyota seasonal with "Skid Recovery Force:Off".

What settings do you guys use?

Mine:
Controller: Logitech Driving Force GT
Active Steering: Off
Traction Control: 0
Active Stability Management (ASM): Off
ABS: 1
Skid Recovery Force: Off
Controller Streering Sensitivity 0

Last edited:
I have yet to try them with my G27. The joystick makes things a little harder with all aids off. :p
I just slide everywhere and it makes for a nice drift video, but not fast lap times. :lol: