Gran Turismo Prologue presents: Ferrari California

Vltros

Car(s)
2011 Honda CR-Z 1977 Ford Fiesta MK1
Well!! It seems the guys at Polyphony did it again:http://www.ferraricalifornia.com/webapp/feel.htm?locale=es_ES

Ferrari and Polyphony digital teamed to present the Ferrari California. I hope this will translate into a complete selection of Ferraris in the Definitive Gran Turismo 5. It is speculated that the California will be added to the GT5P with an update. Let's wait and see....:cool:

P.S: You can see a glimpse of the N?rburgring and laSarthe tracks in the video.

Great! However, Polyphony aren't going to include every single Ferrari in history, they didn't even do that with Nissan for GT4 (At least I don't think they did.)

^ But they sure tried! :lol: "Gran Skyline 4" :lol:

Hopefully we'll see some of the landmark Ferraris, such as the 308/328GTS, Testarossa/512TR, 512BB, 246 Dino, etc.

The 512BB already is in Prologue, so it surely will be in GT5, too.

P.S: You can see a glimpse of the N?rburgring and laSarthe tracks in the video.

Most likely just direct ports. The 'Ring was playable at the 24 hours of 'Ring on GT5P, but it wasn't a redone version.

Most likely just direct ports. The 'Ring was playable at the 24 hours of 'Ring on GT5P, but it wasn't a redone version.

True. During the 24h of the Ring there was a demo with an HD version of the GT4 ring playable. But let's hope this time they will use a completely new version of it. At least, in prevoius games they never used the previous versions of their tracks with the new iterations.

I'm looking forward the Paris Motorshow, because that's where the last time they announced (with a trailer) that Ferrari would be included in the game. And I really DO HOPE this time a porsche and a Lambo show up. If that ends up happening I'll probably cry in joy :cry:

:lol:

I doubt the 'Ring will be added to GT5P. We'll probably have to wait for GT5.

Not sure about that. If we'll really have to wait until 2010 to see GT5, they might want to throw some more appetizers in during the wait.

Not sure about that. If we'll really have to wait until 2010 to see GT5, they might want to throw some more appetizers in during the wait.

Probably this will be the case. Tomorrow we will have quite an important update which will enable the GTTV download service and a retune of the physics of the game.

And the so called Autumm update (which will add damage and many other interesting stuff) seems the way to go until the full game is released.

how can the programmers of GT5 even know how these cars handle? AFAIK neither of them is in production yet! :?

how can the programmers of GT5 even know how these cars handle? AFAIK neither of them is in production yet! :?

Well, you have to bear in mind that Yamauchi san (the GT series creator) it's like the Japanese Clarkson. His opinions are taken into account very seriously and many car makers want their cars featured in the game because it's the best way to present their cars to the world. You know that the GT-R wouldn't be what it is now if it wasn't for the GT series. The GT-R has been nicknamed the Playstation car not because it handles like a car in a videogame (which it does, sort of...) but because the car was tied to the GT series ilke the playstation was.

So it's not strange that some car brands let the programmes at polyphony test the car before it goes into production in order for them to have time to program the car behaviour and render the whole car for the game. Times are changing and this seems like a new way to present a car so anybody can, sort of, know what it feels like driving it. And this doesn't only apply to sports cars or supercars but with normal cars too. One of the great things about the GT series is taht you can choose from the smallest "k" car or any ordinary hatch (Ford Ka for example) to any supercar.

Car companies know how much of an impact has the GT series with their clients and no other game can claim that. So I really think presenting a car in the game it's a great idea! ^_^

First it was Ferrari...

Now it's Lotus!!!! :woot:

New Lotus Evora for GT5Prologue:

3078845614.jpg

307885852.jpg

307885012.jpg

3078855282.jpg

:jawdrop:

HOLY FREAKING SHIT, that looks almost photo real..

I know this thread old, but I didn't want to start a new one.

I have a question, is GT5P worth getting? I see it has the Ferrari F1 F2007 in it and I REALLY want to drive it. I can get it for about $20 used at Gamestop.