Gran Turismo PSP

C'mon, it's a driving simulator, professional all the way :p
I would agree with you in every possible way ... if ... if the PSP would have appropriately delicate input buttons to be able to make use of the professional physics. Try driving a realistically simulated Ferrari Enzo with a digital 0/100% accelerator and a 100% left/middle/100% right steering. There simply is no way to do so, therefore I renounce using pro physics.

Well done Sony, well done! :rolleyes:

Steering is analog, though I agree that it's really hard to control a powerful car.

Ok auto M5
7'52.975

Not a great lap, I could shave maybe 4-5 seconds off. Ghost save i may upload.

Last edited:
Manual M5: 7'34.275

First half of the lap was brilliant, I don't like what I did with the second half though...

You would not want to be around while I was playing Rock Band then (I remapped the controls to use the shoulders).

Tried a few runs, it's definitely better using standard physics but I am still struggling to get a clean lap.

Alright, got a 7'33.572 with manual. I can still shave a ton of time off that, I even hit a sand trap, but I'm just not consistent enough to do it right on every turn....

Had a go in the Megane, 9'05.823.

So, current standings (for convenience):

Code:
N?rburgring Nordschleife
Tires: S3/S3
Driving aids off
Standard Physics

BMW M5 '05
7'33.572 - thevictor390
7'34.275 - killpanda
7'52.975 - Aston Martin

Renault Megane 2.0 16V '03
9'05.823 - thevictor390
9'11.392 - Archie411

Last edited:
I'll figure out how to do that when I get home (about 6 hours). I'll probably have another go as well, that sand trap is bothering me.

Just out of curiosity, what view do people use? I like the dashboard cam even without the dashboard. The 3rd person cam makes it look like you're going 5 mph...

Last edited:
I mainly use the bumper cam, the screen's not big enough to waste space with the dashboard :-D

I'm trying to improve my time with the M5, but I keep crashing at some point :-(

N?rburgring Nordschleife
Tires: S3/S3
Driving aids off
Standard Physics

BMW M5 '05
7'44.525

My first time in manual... it makes a fucking difference. :cool:

I use 3rd person cam.

Interesting, I find I am not very good with manual but I force myself to use it. I can never tell when to downshift.

^
I go by the speedo, I never use 1st with the M5. It just kicks the back end out.

3rd 60-100MPH
4th 100+
5 120 i think.

I raced in AT, against my manual ghost. On the straights i couldn't keep up with the MT it just pulled away.

Well looks like I can't get a ghost of my previous recorded time because I exited the session, if I get a good time again I'll throw one up.