GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2014

Hamilton being incredibly passive-agressive in the press conference.. :D

Rosberg now officially under investigation.

Popcorn gif here...

Popcorn gif here...

2283684-Jimmy_bieber_Popcorn_cu-thumb-350x197-14878.gif

It is good that we get some battle between Merc boys. What kind penalty he could get, 5-pace grid penalty maybe?

2283684-Jimmy_bieber_Popcorn_cu-thumb-350x197-14878.gif

It is good that we get some battle between Merc boys. What kind penalty he could get, 5-pace grid penalty maybe?

Schumacher was sent to the back of the grid I think.

The left-right wheel sawing would only be to react to the rear wheels locking, but there's no sign of smoke from the rear tyres at all;
http://gfycat.com/SnappyEquatorialBabirusa

So I imagine the stewards would only need to look at whether the rear wheels were in fact partially locking during that see-sawing phase or not to make their decision.

Rosberg wasn't the only person to mess up that corner and drive into the run off area, at monaco where nearly any wrong move can put you into the wall it's not entirely impossible that he just screwed up.

Having only seen the incident once, live and at full speed onboard, I think he made a mistake. The lap was scrappy to begin with, and as he moved back to the left of the track after that bump they all avoid he was late onto the brakes while the car was still slightly unsettled. My impression was he was over driving that final lap and that was the result.

I also dont know what he did to get back onto the track or where Hamilton was at the time (I thought he wasn't too far behind Nico when they started their final laps) but Rosberg drove so far up that escape road the yellow flags were hardly necessary. He basically drove halfway to Menton (if I remember Monaco correctly).

Last edited:
GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2014

I don't think it was deliberate.

But if it was, it was done extremely clever and cool to do it in a way nobody can prove it.

Deliberate or not, it was the right answer to Hamilton's psycho games prior to the race.

Last edited:
The media seem to have been spinning Hamilton's quote about being more hungry than Rosberg making it sound as though he's said mr. rich boy doesn't know how to fight for a win but really what he said was that he has to believe he is more hungry then Rosberg other wise he isn't.

The Mercedes are just running a different race, unless Ferrari have Kimi keeping his distance to avoid a crash, hell of a start by Kimi, for all the bad luck he's had it's suddenly put him in 3rd.

How the hell did that happen, I went away for a drink and suddenly Kimi is in the pits and off Podium, it's a safety car for gods sake.
edit
I've seen on twitter that Kimi got hit by a lapped Marussia, I guess Kimi's race just got fucked.

Last edited:
I wasn't really paying attention to Alonso's race he's really failed to keep up with Riccardo, Riccardo is looking at a MASSIVE SECOND PODIUM FINISH!
Kimi got a bit ambitious there, looks like he'll be out of the points but Riccardo, maybe he could come 2nd.
Well that worked out for Rosberg.

Last edited:
Typical Monaco..crazy in the last 5 laps

well done to Nico, Lewis and Ricciardo