GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2014

They don't always have their visor shut on those helmets, getting something in your eye isn't completely implausible.

What I find kind of funny at the moment, is that people have been wishing for a Senna-Prost like rivalry for a couple of decades now - and this has a lot of those elements. It's not like Senna was the epitome of maturity. Yes, Hamilton can be a bit of a spoilt brat, but I enjoy a certain amount of drama in Formula1. It adds a layer to the whole race, and especially now that Mercedes are so dominant, I think it's excellent to spice up the internal rivalry between the two a bit!

Totally agree, while I wasnt around for the Senna Prost era, I remember the Schumacher era which produced some of the dullest races on record. It's good for us fans we have this rivalry otherwise there'd be little point watching this year. I dont mind so much Mercedes winning all the races as they probably will, as long as the battle remains between Hamilton and Rosberg.

They don't always have their visor shut on those helmets, getting something in your eye isn't completely implausible.

You'd have to have it wide open for something to reach your eye and if he did something like that at over 200 kph, I'd seriously question his mental faculties. I've been following F1 since 1990 - never in that time was it reported that someone got something in his eye. Sorry, it was just a lame excuse IMHO.

You'd have to have it wide open for something to reach your eye and if he did something like that at over 200 kph, I'd seriously question his mental faculties. I've been following F1 since 1990 - never in that time was it reported that someone got something in his eye. Sorry, it was just a lame excuse IMHO.

You only need a mm or two to let dust, dirt, oil etc. inside.

OvQ3DD7.gif

Here are some links for you to check, just to avoid future misunderstandings and embarrassments:

Click me

and me

and me :)

And no, no... you don't need to thank me. I'm always happy with helping others in their personal education ;)

You only need a mm or two to let dust, dirt, oil etc. inside.

The helmet opens at the bottom, while the eyes tend to be in the top half of your head, so that dust needs to travel at quite an odd trajectory to reach his eyes and then again, we never heard about such probs before. I can't remember a single time that something like that was reported for over 20 years. I still find it hard to believe. Even Lauda didn't really take that serious. I nearly laughed my arse off when he was talking to RTL and RB's Dr. Marko came to stand next to him and Lauda said something like - "He should ask him [pointing at Marko] how to drive with only one eye."

I think it could happen and most likely did. The visor need only be cracked open slightly for a bit of dirt or whatever to get in and swirl up into the eye. Alternatively a drop of sweat from his brow might land in his eye. I guess it's rare but no reason to think it hasnt happened before, we only know about this event because it was all over the radio. In years past we havent had this sort of access to team radios, who knows what went on! Remember Webber burning his backside at Suzuka one year in the Jaguar that generated too much under body heat? There are other examples as well if you go back through the history.

Meh it's was Monaco (nearly impossible to overtake), so if I was Ham sandwich I wouldn't be too worried. If it were any other track then Ham sandwich would have easily overtaken cheatberg.

I suspect regular service (Ham domination) will resume from the next race onwards.

edit: Rofl at MacMuffin... the guy should just stop embarrassing himself.

Last edited:
I cannot believe that people are defending Hamilton for being a snarky little bitch.. He was a snarky little bitch in 2007 with his teammate (I'm still surprised that Alonso didn't pound his face in, little snot nose prick that he was), He was a snarky little bitch with JB in 2011 and 2012, and now he's being a snarky little bitch to his teammate that might or might not have cheated just a tiny bit during qualifying (it looked like an actual mistake to me though, and I can't figure out the caution either since he pulled way up the escape road as quickly as he could). He's also a snarky little bitch on radio when things aren't going exactly his way.

What's the consistent factor here? Hamilton was, is, and evidently will always be a Snarky Little Bitch.

he learnt from Alonso, what do you expect?

When Rosberg parked his car, I wouldnt have flagged the yellows. It was not in a dangerous place.

GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2014

Rofl at MacMuffin... the guy should just stop embarrassing himself.

Sorry, I admit I could try for a lifetime but would never come close to the level of a master like you in that particular discipline...

Last edited:
To quote Juan-Pablo Montoya "Fucking Raikkonnen!" :lol:

The race was entertaining (relatively speaking). There were some pretty solid overtaking that I hadn't seen done before. I just hope McLaren can begin to turn this season around at some point, sooner rather than later. I need at least some hope that the guys kinda know what they are doing back at the factory :lol:

Meh it's was Monaco (nearly impossible to overtake), so if I was Ham sandwich I wouldn't be too worried. If it were any other track then Ham sandwich would have easily overtaken cheatberg.

I suspect regular service (Ham domination) will resume from the next race onwards.

It'd be fantastic if whoever won Canada drove straight to parc ferme, climbed out of his car and goes to wait by the #2 sign for his teammate to drive in, then point it out and maybe give him the finger for good measure :p

It'd be fantastic if whoever won Canada drove straight to parc ferme, climbed out of his car and goes to wait by the #2 sign for his teammate to drive in, then point it out and maybe give him the finger for good measure :p

They'd probably get a 10 place grid penalty for un-sportsman like conduct.

Is it just me or were some of the cameraman given instructions to focus on the advertising billboards to a much greater degree? Many of the cars-going-by shots started on a billboard, panned down to the track, followed the cars, and then panned up to another billboard at the end. I don't recall the product promotion ever being quite as blatant.

Is it just me or were some of the cameraman given instructions to focus on the advertising billboards to a much greater degree? Many of the cars-going-by shots started on a billboard, panned down to the track, followed the cars, and then panned up to another billboard at the end. I don't recall the product promotion ever being quite as blatant.

I didn't notice it probably because I was half asleep. I don't even remember the sponsors so it must not have worked :iunno:

And while we're talking about the broadcast, does anyone know where I can watch post race interviews and festivities? TSN (local broadcaster) cut off the interviews......

Not really but I spent a lot of the race wondering how many of those Rolex signs were CG.

It was quite annoying to hear Lewis' wailing over the radio, after the safety car came out for the 2nd time: "Ooh, why didn't you call me in when I said so? Now I have no chance to win the race!". Apparently he was planning on doing an Alonso on Nico by conning himself into an "emergency pit stop" ("I lost my tyres, I need to come in now") to be there first - even though there is the unwritten rule that the winner of the qualifying has the right for the first stop. Ask Kimi Raik?nnen for further information on that...
Apparently that was the only chance he had. However, I liked the team's response on his question for further options: "Well, it could start raining" or something like that :rofl:

I don't see how pitting before Nico would have helped Lewis as he would have re-entered in traffic.

Lewis needed Nico to pit first so he would have clear track to bang out a succession of fast laps to leap-frog Nico (who would have been stuck in traffic).