No 56k: Grand Theft Auto IV

...and what's up with the default camera?
Every time you're driving down a hill it is positioning itself right behind the car so you get to see nothing. Makes it hard not to crash.

Yeah, but I feel that it was the same for every other GTA on PC since the switch to 3D, you just gotta tap the right stick up a bit, which you gotta do anyway for going up or downhill... Dunno, feels already natural to me.

For the folks asking about spiltscreen: AFAIK its PS3 only...

I still haven't found the install option on the 360, and I checked, and my Xbox says that GTA only takes up a few MB and not 500-800 as I falsely suspected before...

You're gonna have to wait until Christmas probably then. ;)

Christmas!!??

Hm... well I guess its better than buying an Xbox though.

I'll wait.

Christmas!!??

Hm... well I guess its better than buying an Xbox though.

I'll wait.
All the last ones have come out like 6 months to a year later. They don't want to lose console sales.

For the folks asking about spiltscreen: AFAIK its PS3 only...

Oh shit, I was wondering if you could do multiplayer! Sweeeet!

Indeed, Sweeeet!. I'm going to have to get another controller now! Damn. Also, Viper, tell us what the Dualshock 3 is like when you get it.

tell us what the Dualshock 3 is like when you get it.

I wouldn't buy one if I already had a SIXAXIS, only if i was buying another controller anyway. The rumble doesn't add much (it's only vibration), however, what will strike you is how damn solid the thing is. It's much better built than the SIXAXIS. You can squeeze it and twist it and you'll never hear even the slightest squeak/creak of plastic. That's the best reason to go DS3 over SIXAXIS.

Wow thats expansive:?. Just wondering, to those of you in Australia, will you guys be buying a local copy or will you guys import an uncensored version?

Seems like a number of people are not happy about the censorship.

Wow thats expansive:?. Just wondering, to those of you in Australia, will you guys be buying a local copy or will you guys import an uncensored version?

can't be fucked waiting for what's probably relatively minor, and no that's not expensive chillicoke that's what games cost here.

aussie bigW have the cheapest price i've heard at $84, EB is launching at $120

JB according to their site is $115

http://www.bigw.com.au/entertainment/gta4.html?promocode=BIGW

Anyone found it cheaper than $84?

Wow thats cheap! No really, it is :lol:

No I haven't found it any cheaper :blink: I'll be at EB at midnight :mouse: Just under 12hrs to go :mrgreen:

And yes - Aussie version :( I don't think there'll be much difference between the versions but thats besides the point <_<

Wow thats cheap! No really, it is :lol:

No I haven't found it any cheaper :blink: I'll be at EB at midnight :mouse: Just under 12hrs to go :mrgreen:

And yes - Aussie version :( I don't think there'll be much difference between the versions but thats besides the point <_<

why wouldn't you just wait 6 more hours and go to big w and pay $40 less?

why wouldn't you just wait 6 more hours and go to big w and pay $40 less?
Combination of:
  • Already pre-ordered and fully paid for GTA @ EB
  • Got 20% extra trade in value on all my old games/console in conjunction with GTA pre-order
  • Pretty much the best price at the time of pre-order...
  • Almost all Big W's are in Western Sydney whereas I live in Inner Sydney
  • 6hrs, ARE YOU MAD?! :p

The next PS3 game I know I'll be buying is GT5 so maybe then I'll hold back from pre-ordering from EB IF Big W have another really good price.