No 56k: Grand Theft Auto IV

Who loves playing online at 1:00 A.M. (EST) ??

Jumping is easy, getting the landing takes some luck.

Yeah, that is the one that took me the longest. Had to do it over and over and over and it is annoying because you take damage so have to be careful not to kill yourself.

Basically I would suggest trying to follow the video. Use a bike (just spawn one if you need one) and use the 911 ambulances to heal when you need it (if you are fussed about using the health cheats). When you go off the ramp aim a little to the right and try to land between the buildings.

As I said, it took me many tries but finally I got it.

Cheating FTL. And I managed it in a car. I just found it too hard on a bike. And why aim right? I don't get why people keep suggesting that! You need to go LEFT to make it over the expressway! Going right sends you basically parallel to it. How are you going to go over something you are traveling parallel to? :?

Had this awhile and have been playing it off and on, was in no rush to finish off the story mode. Think I am getting there now though. however I have just completed "Pest Control" (saving a lot and time and effort with 2 well placed RPG shells) and the game just appears to have stuck no phone calls, no missons nothing. Any1?

Just installed the game on my PS3. Don't know if I will be able to play it until tomorrow though :(
Any suggestions for when I am able to play the game?

Just installed the game on my PS3. Don't know if I will be able to play it until tomorrow though :(
Umm, kill people? :lol:

Play the game...do you really need people to tell you what to do and hold your hand. :p

Well, I just rammed into a couple of police cars, so erm...... :p.

It will be months, if not next year. They want their console sales and it takes time to convert it.

is there any word on a pc verison, because i just can't stand playing grand theft auto with a gamepad :wall:

Buy a console & play. It's easier with the gamepad as you might think ;)

i have a friend that has a ps3, and played a lot of gta 4, belive me, i tired

i simply hate the camera controls, stupid auto-aim, and those analog sticks,
GTA was meant for PC ;) keyboard and mouse it's all it needs

Well, I just rammed into a couple of police cars, so erm...... :p.

Better call the police and turn yourself in. It's the only honorable thing to do.

I agree. I actually prefer it with a gamepad as you can use a variable throttle, etc. and the aiming is just fine. They know what they're doing and it has lock on.

I've always been stuck on the thought that GTA had to be played on a PC, but after playing a lot of GTA IV on the 360, I've grown accustomed to it.

I still don't like how the camera works, I keep on thinking the camera works like Halo or COD where you have to control the camera yourself, and the views while in some cars don't allow you to see whats in front of you when in 3rd person/follow view. But I'm managing quite well and having a blast while doing so....pun intended.

^^Yeah, finally got used to the gamepad too, the touch sensitivity makes alot of sense especially when driving, on a keyboard, the moment you press a key, you're full throttle. With the gamepad, you can actually "feather" the throttle, which is realistic, and makes for a more pleasant driving experience, instead of just wheel-spinning everywhere.

Aiming still needs minute adjustments with <R>, which is kinda irritating and not as intuitive as a mouse, but overall usable.

I never thought that I would have so much fun sniping with a (shudder) controller. Especially when doing that turf war multiplayer thing. One question though, is there some kind of lobby where I can look up who is starting a multiplayer game and needs players? I usually have to start a game or log in and get automatically taken to one.