No 56k: Grand Theft Auto IV

Yeah, it can get overwhelming. I used a few car packs in GTA3, but never did much more than the trainers, editing the car handling.dat files to make the cars faster, and cranking up the population density in 4 and the DLC's.

I modded a bit but lost the ability to play online so it wasn't really worth it just for some lookalike cars :dunno:

I put in a Supra RZ for the Sultan RS but it tended to roll over at high speeds.

Okay, I think I figured it out, but the tools I found all are looking for GTA4.exe except Blayde's screenshot is from EFLC. Explain?

I didn't know you could mod it. Share please!!!! :woot:

Just search for GTA IV mods or Episodes from Liberty City mods on Google; there are a variety of mods out there for both.

- I particularly love one that makes it snowy throughout Liberty City, even modifying the driving mechanics for snowy driving
- There is an absolute plethora of car models
- Several "graphics" mods that would work fine on your rig considering it's capabilities; such as HDR/Bloom/Depth of Field/Motion Blur, called the "ultimate graphics tweak" I believe

I haven't actually been on those sites in a while, so sorry for the lack of actual URLs. Google searches relating to what I posted should come up with results fairly easily.

Cars are not game specific, EFLC and IV both have separate .img files, the problem with texture mods is most only reach the .06 patch of IV and only betas of EFLC texture mods are out

The easiest thing is to add cars, all you need is two apps, SparkIV and an SDFA dump extractor that gives you a decrypted dump of handling and colour files for cars. If you have the 'non original copy' that is, for an original copy, you need something like xliveless as well and such.

Edit: As long as you don't play online, you dont need to worry about car modding, just need those two apps, ignore previous.

edit: Went a bit car crazy today

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/07/06/EFLC-2010-07-06-16-01-27-03.jpg

Parked are, from top left, Audi A8 4.2, GMC Yukon, Audi S5, Dacia Duster, next row form top: 288 GTO, G35 Coupe, R34 GTR, California, Chevy Blazer, "The Bandit", Megane 260, 911 Turbo and at the back a 599.

Last edited:
Snow mod was one of my favorites for San Andreas, I might have to check that out.

Upon watching the video, the realistic handling mod looks cool too. I never realized top speed was so limited, though it makes sense looking back (the perpetual gear changes are annoying too).

They do a good job of masking it in the default game. DOF changes and exaggerated motion blurring. So you appear to come up on other cars very quickly, but when you look backwards, they are nearly matching your speed.

Gonna try a pack:

these all look amazing, especially the new physics mods.... tho i do kinda like the wonky car physics, it makes things a bit un predictable and hilarious. car packs look awesome, do they keep damage as well>? shame i only have this on the 360

^ Most modded cars will damage in the same way original cars will, damage textures like bullet holes and cracked glass might differ from original and from mod to mod.
You guys are making me want to mod GTA IV again :p

I had I changed most vehicles except for Commercial, Emergency and Work vehicles but reinstalled GTAIV when episodes came out and left it alone except for the realistic handling mod.
A few months on, the cars people are making/converting are much better.

Last edited:
Having no luck modding. Apparently I don't need any of that ASI crap for EFLC v1.1.2.0 (it's decrypted now) and I've replaced the WTF and WTD files in vehicles.img. I also edited CARCOLS.DAT and VEHICLES.IDE.

The game just crashes though as it's loading the world. :(

Viper, try the same mods with GTA IV. If it works then, you have identified the problem lies with the mods compatibility with EFLC and you could post on the multitude of GTA related forums to ask for assistance?

I'm on holiday and can't test it myself so sorry for not being more help... that 62-car mod does look fantastic!

EDIT - Also, do you have an ASI loader and xliveless in place? I seem to recall a lot of mods ask for those, too. Just throwing it out there!

A small question! How did you people take your screenshots? All I get when I hit printscreen is a black screen. After searching on Google someone mentioned xFire. But it does not work (Nothing happens (tad noobish with xFire))

For the black screen issue, running in XP compat mode usually works for me; though failing that, Fraps has never failed me.

I use FRAPS.

Those effects in the M5 video are incredible, my jaw dropped when I saw how the interior lit up.

Last edited:
How do you spawn specific cars? Or are you limited to just the ones that you can do with the cheat codes?