No 56k: Grand Theft Auto IV

car mods shouldnt be affected, but backup original and new just in case, and if anything happens replace lines to new files from backup :p

Yeah, yeah, i'll load it soon, meanwhile

Gorgeous car:

Snips

Yes, yes its gorgeous and we know about your 1920x1200 super computer but PLEASE resize/thumbnail it! :p (Murci?lago>Gallardo)
And I updated to 1.0.7.0. Gave me more flexible controls on Graphics settings and viva la difference! After getting the backups sorted out, going to replace the mods!

Another one:

Also, oshi- real car name!

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/07/11/EFLC-2010-07-11-14-56-37-02.jpg

Haha real funny viper....:glare: Anyways mods work so im going mod shopping now. And seeing that you lot use the Native Trainer I gave it a go. I found the menu controls very difficult (Yes I know you can change them but still) so I went back the inGame trainer. Native trainer may have some more options but inGame trainer is more pleasant!

The first one is definitely a lot better looking. Dark colours don't really work on Lambos except for black, dark grey and dark blue.

Viva la difference Archie? I'm running on all base settings at 1280x800 and I'm getting 18-21fps, strangely if I switch back down to 800x600, I'd say I'd be getting about 25-35 fps.

Yeah I've heard the same thing but don't know why... Apparently in Oblivion you can't have HDR and AA enabled simultaneously, you can have either HDR or AA. However I don't think Half Life 2 Lost Coast had this restriction...

HL2 used integer method for HDR, so they could do it easily in shaders. proper HDR uses floating point FP16 or FP32..... and i believe this uses the same buffers/registers as AA. so its one or the other.

Yeah, I'm not aiming to replace all ordinary cars with supercars, just the original cars with their real-life counterparts. I'm just replaying the story again and it's somehow better with mostly real cars on the roads; just feels more realistic! :D

Edit: Also, did anyone try renaming the cars in the "game name" column of the vehicles.ide file to the modded car's name (e.g Viper instead of Banshee)?

Last edited:
sigh..... I reinstalled GTA IV (I also have the episodes) to try some modding, installed one car and promptly crashed the game. Now I can't get it to run at all, it crashes right after loading. I restored the files I modified, and then restored ALL game files from a backup, and it still crashes :(

I have the Steam version though....

Edit: Also, did anyone try renaming the cars in the "game name" column of the vehicles.ide file to the modded car's name (e.g Viper instead of Banshee)?

that doesnt work, see my post above, i renamed my Audi to the appropriate in car display, you need a gxt editor

Last edited:
Meh...I wouldn't go through all that trouble just to see the real car's name for half a second anyway.

Meh...I wouldn't go through all that trouble just to see the real car's name for half a second anyway.

It took me under a minute. Boo hoo.