No 56k: Grand Theft Auto IV

And when you get killed by said police, you're resurrected at the hospital for a measly 500 dollar fee.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20070402/tc_nf/51176

My eyes have rolled so far back into my head you wouldn't believe. As far as I know, you get penalized for injuring or killing police....

I think you get 1 star just for targeting the cops. Sideswiping a cop, firing a weapon, attacking someone (not a criminal), or jacking a car will get you one star. Killing a cop will get you 2 stars.

3 Stars quick and easy: stop a cop car, go to passenger side and try to jack the car; this will give you 1 star. Kill the cop for the 2nd star, and immediatly take his car for the third.

Yeah, you get penalized more than anything for killing cops. It's an idiotic thing to do for someone who is suppose to be a "criminal mastermind".

Some person i know made this, might as well let you show this one!

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=2GHiAEeFQs0[/youtube]

8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Some person i know made this, might as well let you show this one!

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=2GHiAEeFQs0[/youtube]

8)

That was pretty good. :thumbup:

Doc, you got a talent for understatement. (if anyone can tell me where that quote is from, they get a cookie)

Also, did anyone see the GETALIFE sign on one of the buildings in the trailer? :lol:

947getalife.jpg

The quote is from " Final Fantasy. The Spirits Within ", also the GETALIFE quote is plastered on the Metlife Building.

not really, its at an early stage and at that time GTA is usually marketed as console exclusive. but GTA has always been a massive hit on the PC, too and i don't think they will ignore that.

thanks alot for the links BAB!

Sad to see you can't customize your character like in San Andreas.

I haven't been following this much, but any word on PC version yet?

The games are always released very late on the PC, so no need to worry just yet ;)

Thanks for that article Bundesautobahn. I hate articles like that, it provided just enough information to make us want more, but never really providing anything of actual substance!

Roll on October!

Please tell me that by the time it comes out on PC, I don't need to fork out 2 grand just to upgrade my computer to the 16GB RAM, ATI 9,800,000 with 20GB VRAM and 4TB HDD required to run it, I might as well just get a PS3.

Please tell me that by the time it comes out on PC, I don't need to fork out 2 grand just to upgrade my computer to the 16GB RAM, ATI 9,800,000 with 20GB VRAM and 4TB HDD required to run it, I might as well just get a PS3.

You'll propably need to fork out 2 grand just to upgrade your computer to the 16GB RAM, ATI 9,800,000 with 20GB VRAM and 4TB HDD required to run it and you might as well just get a PS3. :p

Jokes aside, I'd be surprised if it didn't require quite a monster of a PC to run it properly when (if ) it'll come to PC. San Andreas was pretty tough on the contemporary PC's, and that was with the old GTA3 engine.

But that's only cause that engine was SOOOO poorly optimized. This being a new engine, here's hoping they got someone that knows what they're doing.

I just hope they FINALLY fix the enviroment.
Nothing got me more pissed off than vehicles disappearing and appearing out of thin air in previous versions. :|

I just hope they FINALLY fix the enviroment.
Nothing got me more pissed off than vehicles disappearing and appearing out of thin air in previous versions. :|

Yeah, can't even check your rear view or a car will appear right in front of you causing a crash.