No 56k: Grand Theft Auto IV

Just ordered it for the 360, I've never actually played a GTA game before, but judging by peoples reaction to this I doubt I will be disappointed.

I'm tempted to buy it for my PS3, as the PS3 is just such a nicer piece of hardware than my two xbox 360's - which has the same quality as low grade chineese knock off's compared to the PS3. But, then again, the 360 is getting some exclusive downloadable episodes so I'll kick my own ass if I buy it on PS3 and miss out on those :-/

Well, since my play pc is actually my work pc, and therefore all upgrades are tax deductable (shhhh!!), it's a lot cheaper for me to upgrade it in the long run, than to fork out for a brand new gaming console which i probably won't be using that much anyway...

Fuck it. I just bought a PS3. :|

Haha!:lol:

After so many posts it was about time you decided! And you did the right thing!!! GT5P & GTAIV what two great games to start with your new PS3. I wish I had them back in the time i got mine! :p

It's going to be hard, but i'll wait for the pc version.

Hold me.... :(
I'll probably buy (or warez) the PC version too. Mouse/kb rocks and GTA always has long term playability due to just cruising around.

With GTA, you use the paddles to control your speed. It works FANTASTICLY well. Screw using the ON/OFF of a PC.

Playing the game is like the jump from VC to SA. It is insane.

I never played it ona console before and the controls are great.
On PC I used to play it with mouse/kb and a dual shock for driving, but with the new cover system the mouse isn't really needed. Would be a bit nice, but isn't needed...

The amount of detail that went into the game is astonishing. It really is the next gen. GTA. All those little touches they've added. The fact that you can access the police database from any cop car or the GTA Internet complete with blogs, dating site and myspace clones.

My only beef with the game so far is the way cars behave. It feels more like you're in control of a watered and what's up with the default camera?
Every time you're driving down a hill it is positioning itself right behind the car so you get to see nothing. Makes it hard not to crash.

Anyone got to Three Leaf Clover yet?
I'd say it's the defining mission of the game, and the best in the GTA series.

p.s. If you downloaded and enjoy it, please buy it when it comes out ;) needless to say.

Well, since my play pc is actually my work pc, and therefore all upgrades are tax deductable (shhhh!!)

My mates dad works for himself, and has therefore bought 2 new computers at around ?2000 each, under the business name. Damn I wish my parents had that asset! :cry:

So for the people who have got it, can you have multiplayer as in 2 people on one console?

IGN just reviewed it and gave it a 10/10; they haven't given a 10 to a console game since Soul Caliber in 1999.

LOL, I'm loving the fact that the main character is Serbian :D

He speaks the language with a heavy Russian accent,
and listens to Ukrainian music, but I guess it's just the way
Rockstar likes to caricature things :)

Gonna wait for the PC version.

On p2p sites : p