Grand Theft Auto Online

What about adding insurance to single player mode?

It was me!!

edit: I'm serious, it really was me. I don't have a mic so I tried to type a message to you, but you never responded.

So it was, saw you last time! Missed your message somehow. :lol:

Huh, 7 Gig? As far as I remember it was something like 113MB for the PS3.

Some poeple say it downloaded from 4.5gb to 6.591gb. So about 2gb, mine downloaded all of it.
Sony doesn't have the best track record of updates. Sometimes a 50mb patch gets thrown into the last update which could be gigs.

What about adding insurance to single player mode?

My whole gripe isn't about losing the cars, but about just saving them. I want to be able to have an awesome brightly lit garage with all my customs at the same time just like they do in Online.

c7Kvjc1.jpg

Not just the few dingy 4 car one single player has.

X7W15NW.jpg

Last edited:
So much this.

Although I will say that I have been longing to play this online and I might break down and get xbox live again along with a One. I should wait until fall, but I is bored.

Some poeple say it downloaded from 4.5gb to 6.591gb. So about 2gb, mine downloaded all of it.
Sony doesn't have the best track record of updates. Sometimes a 50mb patch gets thrown into the last update which could be gigs.

Could be that I had two separate updates, I remember a larger one the day before the the new game contents were added.

Rockstar BADLY needs to allow for AI partners in heists. I waited for a significant time for somebody, anybody, to join my heist, and it never happened. It's just straight fucking lame.

Not to mention the creator simply will not launch from online. Even if you leave online and try to launch it from SP, it refuses to work. You have to completely exit to windows and then relaunch the entire fucking game, just to get the creator to function. Come on Rockstar...

Last edited:
Rockstar BADLY needs to allow for AI partners in heists. I waited for a significant time for somebody, anybody, to join my heist, and it never happened. It's just straight fucking lame.

If you want AI, go play single player. Online is supposed to be real people. ;)

Well that would be great if online wasn't populated by screaming 11 year olds and other dumbasses.

Well that would be great if online wasn't populated by screaming 11 year olds and other dumbasses.

I cut my annoyance a lot by staying in effectively solo lobbies for free roam and then jumping into heists. Less screaming banshees and modders, though I'm still necessarily exposed to stupidity. I spent a good hour and a half trying to do the Prison Break - Station setup and the dumbass at the docks kept dying.

I have lost interest in playing online with anyone I don't know, people are either hackers or just shoot on sight.

It'd be nice if they added the new missions to single player.

Because of the horrible matchmaking that makes it nearly impossible to populate a game 90% of the time you don't get real people, you just get no people. <_<

Last edited:
I made a [I think] pretty fun online job and I want to try it. The AI doesn't understand it so nothing happens. Basically it's four attack helos (the kind with the door guns but no rockets) against 15 technical trucks that are all parked on an island. It's 15 against 15. So either 15 stationary AA guns or several mobile AA guns. I want to see what the balancing is like. I don't think our crew is actually even 30 people, but I think it could be fun with 4+

The job is called Helos vs Technicals.

Ill-Gotten Gains Part 2 releases next Wednesday. Amongst the expected new clothing, it will also include, "for players who didn?t get last year?s Independence Day Special, look for the return of old favorites at reduced rates, including the Firework Rocket Launcher."

actual_1435672761.jpg

The Progen T20.

actual_1435672873.jpg

Coil Brawler

actual_1435672964.jpg

Invetro Coquette Blackfin

actual_1435672910.jpg

Lampadati Toro

actual_1435672993.jpg

single-shot Marksman Pistol

actual_1435673045.jpg

Knuckledusters

actual_1435673075.jpg

Vapid Chino convertible (for all your Presidential assassination missions)

actual_1435673104.jpg

Dinka Vindicator

I completed the "Loyalty" and "All in Order" heist challenges with a friend. He got the awards, I didn't. Sometimes it's hard to overlook how buggy this game is :mad:

Somehow I'm not thrilled with the coming update. The gameplay online is horribly repetitive and they are just giving us more things to grind for. I wish they would work on new game modes.

If you like being a pilot, wouldn't it be cool to be cruising around in your Buzzard and you get a text from another player requesting air support? You get paid $20,000 for coming in to provide cover for a length of time or take out a specific number of enemies, player or NPC. Or wouldn't it be cool if another player requested a supply drop and you fly over in a Cuban 800 and drop a mounted machine gun, ammo crate, or NPC reinforcement paratroopers? Or how about dropping an Insurgent from a Titan? To prevent noobs from ruining it, only pilots of a certain flight skill and/or flight hours would be eligible to lend support. It would be a meaningful reason to practice flying.

Wouldn't it be cool to have elaborate smuggling objectives starting from offshore, involving several players and boats, off road vehicles, cars, and aircraft? Entirely in free mode, one impromptu team (no fucking lobbies) could meet a boat north of Paleto Bay with the goal of delivering a large amount of something (guns drugs, whatever) to an NPC (or hell, player) buyer in the city. Use one big slow truck or divide it among several fast buggies to get across the desert. If anybody cares to stop them, they get a big reward. There could be specific features like flying under a set altitude, driving off road, or boating at night to stay off other player's radar. Things analogous to real world tactics. This could even be a persistent mode where you build up a crew of player or npc smugglers that do some of the work for you.

For those that like to run and gun, why not implement some sort of bounty hunter component into online? It could be similar to Trevor's missions in single player and definitely more interesting than Lester's "Kill this person" text messages.

Ugh there are sooo many possibilities in free mode, and instead we get fucking Simeon paying out FOUR GRAND to steal a "high priority" piece of shit, or an armored car that has $3,000 in it....which is absurd. Armored cars typically carry between 100,000 to well over a million dollars.

Everything online seems so pre-determined and scripted. I hate that the heists and missions don't happen in seamless freemode. The heists especially are a huge disappointment for me. They are so tedious and linear. The only rewarding part about them is the payoff, and even then it's not really good enough to go back to them.

/sorry for another rant. I just feel there is so much wasted potential here.

I still can't get the update. I still get the same repetitive "lost connection to server." what the hell? I can stream videos no problem.