Grand Theft Auto Online

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
Rockstar class it as a separate entity and stuff is gonna get lost in the GTA 5 thread.

Everyone on the Social Club has hidden their usernames, which is weird if you're in the same club. :|
Post your usernames here or in your profile.
Finalgear Crew

When I hold shops up, I get a 2 star warning. If I intimidate with headset I get a 3 star warning and then the guy shoots back. Or maybe a massive coincidence?

EDIT: I now have 4 stars after every hold-up, think it's rank related?

Last edited:
ok, I joined what i think is the Final Gear clan so my question is, when is everyone online? I want to put together some clan stuff to do jobs.

Also, online works fine for me as of yestrday evening. I spent almost 2 hours just trying to drive my car to the repair shop. I found it fun that once people figured out that my car was broken they just atacked relentlessly. I finally got killed by the police (spoiler)
and im told "your car has been impounded and will be destroyed if you dont come get it now"
Overall, its been fun but it will be more fun playing with others. Look me up on social club as "DubyaStep" and add me if you wish as i think it tries to insert you into a room your friends are in

I spent almost 2 hours just trying to drive my car to the repair shop. I found it fun that once people figured out that my car was broken they just atacked relentlessly.

Haven't you got a tracker and insurance? You can either blow your car up and pay $1100-ish to the insurers. Or if you start and then cancel a mission, your car gets fixed for free.

its no fun fixing it for free! Also, the insurance assholes never answer the phone.

With me, they were busy if the car was fine.
I lost my car in a police chase gone wrong, I tried escaping by river. But, the car sunk. :no: A message popped up "Your car is destroyed, call insurance."

With me, they were busy if the car was fine.
I lost my car in a police chase gone wrong, I tried escaping by river. But, the car sunk. :no: A message popped up "Your car is destroyed, call insurance."

i see, so i need to wait for the prompt to call them. Ok, that may change the game then, ill start driving it into a river from now on

i see, so i need to wait for the prompt to call them. Ok, that may change the game then, ill start driving it into a river from now on

Just drove into a petrol pump, I died. The insurance company said "My car was destroyed, call insurance."

i did notice something that seems unique to online mode, i rolled my car at a very high speed and it killed me instantly. I also had a car fall off an overpass and land on its roof and it killed me. Looks like no more walking away from severe accidents as if nothing happened.

Also, im kinda impressed with how intelligent the police seem to be. If you steal a car you had better be prepared to get that thing painted fast and i have seen a case where i car jacked someone only to have another civilian chase me down and attack me. Point is, you really sem to have to think about your actions before you act on them. you almost need a plan in place compared to IV when you just needed to get a block away and you would be clear.

I have two PSN accounts and so two GTA:O accounts. My main account is the one I use for the crew.
My second is for the guys at work, this account deleted my character and kept the cash. I got annoyed and closed the game. After reopening I lost character and cash. My main one is unaffected and I used them both within 5 mins of each other this afternoon. :cry:

I decided to start again, after making my guy. It loaded up and made me a transgendered woman wearing Beats. I was unable to pause.

You lose 5% $ everytime you die, so in deathmatches you lose money... well, I did.

A for effort.

[video=youtube;Z0CGw--UAvI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0CGw--UAvI[/video]

Deathmatches are lame. Is there still a version of Mafia Work?

You lose 5% $ everytime you die, so in deathmatches you lose money... well, I did.

A for effort.

[video=youtube;Z0CGw--UAvI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0CGw--UAvI[/video]

That so needs this in the background...

Deathmatches are lame.

They are, but you go from one mission to a vote. Which could be a TDM.

Is there still a version of Mafia Work?

Missions don't auto start, theres a vote after every mission. Be it drug bust, steal van, execute the executive etc.

Theres a patch.

The 1.02 patch has been released on the PlayStation Network. CVG's test team say the file is 39MB in size.

In a post on the Rockstar news wire, the developer said the Xbox 360 version would be available "as soon as possible today".

"Thank you everyone for continuing to bear with us since yesterday's initial roll out of Grand Theft Auto Online - we're aware that a variety of technical difficulties have made it difficult to get access and that the experience has been a bit less than smooth for many of you who jumped in straight away," the company said.

It then listed four technical issues that the 1.02 update is hoped will resolve.
For PlayStation 3 users, a PlayStation Network server issue was detected that was limiting the amount of possible concurrent users. This was preventing most players from accessing GTA Online altogether and as of this morning, that problem was resolved.
There is an issue that is preventing some players from getting through the first tutorial mission across both platforms. Many players have been able to get through this with repeated retries, and we are working on unblocking this for everyone as soon as possible.
This morning, we experienced some instability across the GTA Online services which is affecting even people who have progressed beyond the tutorial mission. We are identifying these issues now and are working to restore stability for users as soon as possible.
For the time being and until we have been able to get everybody access to GTA Online and things are running smoothly, we have disabled the option of purchasable GTA$ cash packs. Players can however keep on earning GTA$ by pulling off Jobs and other profitable gameplay activities rather than purchasing cash packs.

Update 2: CVG's test team say online games are now more stable on PS3, though the wait in the lobbies can last as long as ten minutes. These post-patch release issues could be improved over time.

Update 3: As of 12:44pm UK time, the Xbox 360 update is still unavailable.

They got rid of the stupid deathmatch health care loss.

Last edited:
This morning it was fantastic, guy from work has been online all day. I fired the game up and nothing, I've had 7 system lock-ups, can't load single player if i'm online. The second I go online, it locksup singleplayer.

Last edited:
i have found that if you go into single player>pause>select online>join online (or whatever it is, it always works. if you try and do it through the charactor selection it wont work, if you do it at the loading screen its very slow or wont work. Try my method. i never have a problem in the sessions i get on when i go to the menu first

i have found that if you go into single player>pause>select online>join online (or whatever it is, it always works. if you try and do it through the charactor selection it wont work, if you do it at the loading screen its very slow or wont work. Try my method. i never have a problem in the sessions i get on when i go to the menu first

Tried that, the second i'm on PSN, it locks up.

first, your connection is shit, reset your modem.

second, im sure its just trying to save you from getting the shit beat out of you by me

First, no cloud servers are down for some people.
Secondly, my character will have probably vanished... again.