Grand Theft Auto Online

This game (Now that its been working perfectly for days) Is absolutely wonderful.
Been playing with the guys at work for the past few nights, we leave work at 8PM. We start around 9PM and still playing at 2-3AM. Today this backfired, because I had to be at work for 7:30am and i'm doing a 12 hour shift. :(

GraemeH what does this number mean, bottom right? I suspected connection or ping level, but it's just going up and up. The crew thingy appeared last night. So it's crew related?

http://img35.imageshack.**/img35/6193/obmg.jpg

I was wondering the same thing for a while, and by now I'm pretty sure that it's your level in the crew.

I dont agree as i am level 11 one time then 14 another and even back to 9

To all those who keep losing their player. A friend of mine had that issue, he made about 5 and all of them kept getting deleted. I was convinced it was something he was doing because i didnt have an issue so the solution i found (and the game states it clearly at one point) is that when your done ONLINE use the character select to go back to single player as this will save all your online data to the cloud. If you are quitting from the online area, it may not be saving and thus you lose your shit. Since i told him to do that he has had no issues.

This would also explain why he still had all his money but no person.

Also, we need to organize a good day and time to do crew missions. They are fun. we have this large comunity yet we never seem to play or accept eachothers invites! LETS PLAY!

Last edited:
Also, we need to organize a good day and time to do crew missions. They are fun. we have this large comunity yet we never seem to play or accept eachothers invites! LETS PLAY!
Count me in!
Edit; I'm on Xbox.

Last edited:
ok, add me on PSN as Sik Pony or im DubyaStep on social club (i think). if you cant find me for some reason im in the FG crew so look for me in there

So the cult on the mountainside is well armed in GTAO. Anyone want to raid their compound?

I play most evenings west coast time.

Anyone on Xbox interested in trading some race wins?

I'd be happy to kick your ass at a race. :p

Just play and get to level 15. That unlocks a co-op mission that gives you $9000 per completion.

Last edited:
I play most evenings west coast time.

I'd be happy to kick your ass at a race. :p

Just play and get to level 15. That unlocks a co-op mission that gives you $9000 per completion.
Volent Duct. I got 9000 per run the first time I played it, but Gerald sent it to me again and I'm only getting $3000 per run. I don't know if they nerfed it, or if its just nerfed the 2nd time around.

I thought it was 9000, but joined and it was 3000.
People were making 400,000 and hour with that mission. Don't blame them, that they've stopped it.

Oh Rockstar, why am I now timing out to the servers tonight?

Volent Duct. I got 9000 per run the first time I played it, but Gerald sent it to me again and I'm only getting $3000 per run. I don't know if they nerfed it, or if its just nerfed the 2nd time around.

Oh. :(

Not sure if that part of your post was still directed at me, but it's not about money. Pretty much all performance mods require a certain number of race wins to unlock.

And I've got the third highest level of everyone in the crew, so no need to tell me. :tease:

It's been nerfed, along with all the ways to quickly repeat missions.

Which is fair enough, I guess. I just wish there were more mission so you didn't have to replay the same ones over and over again. And the effort to reward ratio is seriously screwed on some missions. For example, there's a mission from Martin Madradzo that is insanely difficult, because you have to fight a lot of well armed guards holed up in a defensive position, and you instantly get three stars when you engage them. And if you manage to pull it off, you get 5k. As a comparison, in another Madradzo mission you only have to take out one guy driving around town in a regular car. There is no particular challenge to it. He won't recognise you as hostile until you shoot, so you can just roll up to him at a red light and cap his ass. And it pays 9k.

Was fun playing a bunch of missions with the Gear crew, but it showed me how rusty and low my skills are. Need to spend some time upping them and doing the missions to shrink the gap..

Hey there FG peeps. First time here in forever. Had a blast racing with quicky and viper earlier tonight. Reminded me of my FG family that I haven't talked to in over a year. Having no laptop anymore and a 6 month old baby makes forum stalking hard. Gonna try harder though.

Finally started up Online for the first time. Did the race, came in 2nd by inches. Then did the first mission, went smoothly. Leave the mission and immediately another player comes around and runs me over. He doesn't kill me so I get away. He gets out of the car so I shoot and kill. Minutes later another player comes across me and gets a major hard-on and decides to chase me around trying to kill me. Stay classy Los Santos.

EDIT: Do people just tag you and chase you around to kill you?

Last edited:
as it's the weekend, i'd love yo join on some FG shinanigans, as weekdays i have to go to bed early for work :p

i'm Silent Flower on XBL

Hey there FG peeps. First time here in forever. Had a blast racing with quicky and viper earlier tonight. Reminded me of my FG family that I haven't talked to in over a year. Having no laptop anymore and a 6 month old baby makes forum stalking hard. Gonna try harder though.

Thanks for playing! That was fun!

Just a shame there aren't more co-op style missions to do. I really enjoy those.

as it's the weekend, i'd love yo join on some FG shinanigans, as weekdays i have to go to bed early for work :p

i'm Silent Flower on XBL

Make sure you're in the crew if you're not already. If someone in the crew is hosting a game, GTA gives makes sure to invite all online crew members when trying to fill the room.

Last edited: