Grand Theft Auto V: PC Edition

I was hoping he would do a jump-faceplant. :(

That is simultaneously my favorite thing and most hated thing about GTA V

U8LOjO9.png

I still have a few random events to finish (armored truck robberies, etc.) but I consider the game fully beaten. I even have the monkey stuff done. :)

I wish I could play, but the random graphics drivers crashes are really sapping my joy out of the game. Sometimes it even happens after 5 minutes. <_<

A friend is getting that everywhere with his new 980, even in Chrome.

My brother had the same issue with his Radeon(270x I think) after buying a new CPU and motherboard. His Event Viewer was full of graphic driver crashes. Problem solved by sending back the motherboard and getting another one(different brand).

Just GTA V for me.

I had game crashing when my graphics settings put the little memory bar in GTA V into the yellow scale instead of green.

It just means we're all cheapskates and didn't get the better graphics card.

My HD7800 runs it fine.....for the most part

I've had a few BSoD moments. It usually happens when I'm alt-tabbing with several graphic-intensive web pages (like youtube) while the game is running in the background. I've pushed the settings waaay further than the recommended maximum memory usage (I have 2gb and cranked the settings so that it's showing nearly 3gb usage) and it unequivocally runs without any slowdowns at all. I never see frame rate instability or other graphical errorswhich is surprising.

I've been fine ever since I fixed the fan that was installed backwards

For an embarrassingly long time, I had my monitor plugged into the MoBo's HDMI port rather than my $200 graphics card's. I only noticed when Mass Effect 2 kept crashing and I couldn't control the fan speed for some reason. :p

For an embarrassingly long time, I had my monitor plugged into the MoBo's HDMI port rather than my $200 graphics card's. I only noticed when Mass Effect 2 kept crashing and I couldn't control the fan speed for some reason. :p

It shouldn't really allow you to do that, if a graphics card is installed it should flag up a message during POST and fail to boot. At least that's what has happened to me in the past.

I've dropped my settings down to get roughly 60fps, I may shove the second card back in at some point and try SLI again. No recent crashes for me though and thankfully this machine doesn't run out of memory, even when I leave Firefox and its 30+ tabs open.

Grand Theft Auto V: PC Edition

Why the fuck can I not download any updates? I receive a could megs and the the server disconnects. A few minutes later it reconnects and redownloads the same couple Meg. This happens indefinitely until I cancel it. I cannot launch GTA v now without the damn update software launching trying to update. I can't go online because I have disconnect my internet from the computer just so I can play the game. Is there a way I download directly from a website instead of trying to use the broken updater?

Mine restarts at zero instead of picking up where it left off.