Grand Theft Auto V: PC Edition

I preordered it through buygamecode for cheaper, but I won't get the key until fuck knows when. :(

What's the big deal about downloading 60 GB though? Only took me about 80 minutes. :?

It's going to take me 9 hours at max speed.

With my interenet connection it'd take apr. 10-11 full hours to download at theoretical max speed, which realistically means it's gonna be more like 12-16hrs.

9 hours, 6 minutes and 7 seconds to be exact if my maths are correct, assuming max advertised speed.

This is throwing me for a loop. I guess I've been spoiled rotten and didn't even know it; at max advertised speed, it would take me ~15 minutes to download. The B/b strikes again.

Last edited:
16/1Mbit ADSL, theoretically. Effective download speeds are usually somewhere between 1.2 and 1.6MB/s, with it having slight stability issues at the upper limit.

I only get 20 mbps max. What are you on, gigabit?

So I made a mistake in my calculation. Proof that while Wolfram|Alpha is god, it's important to note the difference between 75 MBps and 75 Mbps and type it in correctly. Revised theoretical download time is 106 minutes. Still not bad, considering I can start the download and have it done before I make up my mind of a movie to watch to pass the time.

I'll probably get this one at the first major Steam sale. It's quite expensive at 60?(And yes I know that's the price of a game nowadays, doesn't make it more affordable for me). And I have no idea how I managed to not find out anything about the story of this game in the last two years, I've got a knack for staying spoiler free.

I'm starting to have doubts about my computer running this game at something that approximates the consoles. It's not helped when Costco currently has an ok deal on Xbox Ones.

If my PC can't play it at 1440p mostly maxed with my CF 290x setup I'm gonna go buy 2 980s.

My CC just got charged for it today, so I will apparently get the game :D. But damn EUR/GBP rate.. the deal was much better back when I preordered it in 2013..

9 hours....

Still no key for me. Hopefully tomorrow as promised by buygamecode.

Still no key for me. Hopefully tomorrow as promised by buygamecode.

I ended up preordering through Greenmangaming's VIP. $47. Can't complain, it's a pretty solid discount.

BUT ITS NOT A STEAM CODE.

So now I have social club DRM. Yaaaaaay.