Grand Theft Auto V: PC Edition

Yeah, buygamecode had it for ?42, it's a rockstar key, but will be downloaded via steam. I don't know how that will work. Will know soon enough, I suppose.

Well, speak of the devil. Just got the CD key in my inbox. :)

No clue about steam integration, though. Looks like the standard rockstar social club only thing.

I bought it on Steam, but 60GB download... oh noes! :p
VQqDz2H.png

I remember when I thought my download speed of 3.8 MB/s was blazing fast... those were good times. :lol:

Probably, yes. If you want any form of online play and also cross-platform compatibility, you have to go through that, can't go via Steam.

So tempted to buy this, but it costs 35 litres or petrol, or a weeks supply of food...

Currently in the same boat. I SO wanna play it, and not be the one of my friends who didn't buy it... Feel like I'm missing out on something, especially since I've waited for so long. :(

Not looking forward to 7 hours of meetings tomorrow at work while GTA5 is waiting for me on my laptop. :lol:

i have to get home at 7am, sleep, have 2-3 hours free and then get back to work, im just gonna binge play for my 4 days off from the 15th and enjoy it.

This is the first publicly released video made in the Rockstar Editor, to give you an idea of the polish you can get;

[video=youtube;8ITAnNzj-zg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ITAnNzj-zg[/video]

If you pre-downloaded the game you need an additional 60GB for unpacking. Awesome!

Are you sure it's 60GB? From what I heard it shouldn't need more than 5-10GB extra space, since it deletes files as it unpacks them - but I can't verify that since my harddrive has tons of free space on it regardless.

I guess it would have been faster to just download it again <_<

Edit: It appears that it runs at 60FPS with most of the settings maxed out@1920x1080 on my system(i5 4690, gtx970, 16GB RAM)... but something weird happened when I tried to run the benchmark: image was from the benchmark but sounds were from the game's prologue... then the benchmark failed because I left the crew behind :lol:

Last edited:
Currently in the same boat. I SO wanna play it, and not be the one of my friends who didn't buy it... Feel like I'm missing out on something, especially since I've waited for so long. :(
Worked out I merely have to squeeze an extra 5-6 hours of work in this week to nullify the cost, I'm sure I can manage that...

Started the download at 8:45pm, it finished at 4.05am. I specifically woke up at 4am to install it and get it running before I head to work at 6:30am, I'm really glad I didn't try squeezing this onto my SSD and dumped it in a drive with 170GB of free space! :blink:

Ouch, guess that wasn't true then. Good thing I didn't try to squeeze it in on my SSD.

Yep. Huge fucking problem on my 256GB laptop SSD. Had to empty out ALL my steam library except for 1-2 other games just to unpack GTA.

Damn that's a lot of disk space. I'm fortunate to have planned for this by using an spare disk when I put my 1TB SSD in, although I'll have to check the space on that now as my steam library has really grown over the last year.

Played through the tutorial. Seems to run without slowdowns at 1080p max quality, AA off on my laptop with an i7, 8 gigs of RAM and a GTX 980M.

Sure does look like a console game from 2013 though. During the tutorial, only the people and weapon models/textures, and draw distance were at anywhere near a "modern" level. The car in the tutorial cutscenes looked straight out of San Andreas or something. :lol: