Grand Theft Auto V: PC Edition

ahpadt

Forum Addict
I split this off the main thread. --Viper

PC version delayed untill end of March. Fuck. I had looked forward to playing it during my holiday in 2 weeks time. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
No big surprise there.

They also made public the hardware requirements:
Minimum specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

Recommended specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

HDD Space: 65GB... wow!

Release delayed? Big fucking surprise! Oh wait, its not.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and also on the min and recom spec: Many outlets are like "very demanding specs", and I am like "hu? The recom spec is basically my old rig from a few years ago with a newer mid-range gpu". But I assume here that it'll need like twice that to run it on the provided screenshot-quality just on 1080p.

The CPU recommendation is rather high, but the minimum is low enough that most gaming PCs should have no problem.

Yeah, the required specs look quite decent... but is already an old game despite the new eye candy, in march it will be 18months since the PS3/Xbox360 versions were launched.

Edit: I want to get it on PC also(I had it on PS3), but I'm not gonna pay full price again. I'm gonna wait until it will be under 20Euros on Steam Sale

Last edited:
Looks pretty damn reasonable. my CPU and RAM will be alright, graphics will be the choke point with my elderly GTX 560 but it'll still look better than the PS3 version.

That's not as bad as I assumed it would be. Obviously it'd look like shit, but my current rig can theoretically run it.

Recommended specifications...

Sweet, (theoretically) I should be able to enjoy this game in all its glory...

:D

...theoretically...

:|

PC version delayed untill end of March. Fuck. I had looked forward to playing it during my holiday in 2 weeks time. :(

Seriously fuck them. It's beyond obvious they're milking GTA V as hard as they can across all the platforms.

Yes. But thats also heavily relying on both parts of the story, them trying to milk people, and people playing along with their bullshit. As long as there are people buying the same game successively for multiple platforms, they will sure as hell sell it to them. As far as I am concerned, GTA5 does not yet exist, period.

As far as I am concerned, GTA5 does not yet exist, period.

This is how I see it aswell, therefore I don't see it as an "old" game because basically it's been out for 18 months at that point in time.
I hope the wait will be worth it, and my guess is that the PC version will run decent this time since day one. We'll see in two months!

Sweet, (theoretically) I should be able to enjoy this game in all its glory...

:D

...theoretically...

:|

My train computer is right between minimum and recommended specs as is. The onboard graphics is the only limitation.

Those specs are amazingly low. I was shocked. The recommended video card is from over 2 years ago.

Looking forward to maxing out the video settings.

I bet those recommended specs would still have trouble running GTA IV.

I bet those recommended specs would still have trouble running GTA IV.

They easily do, since the recommended specs pretty much were my old PC.

Those specs are amazingly low. I was shocked. The recommended video card is from over 2 years ago.

Looking forward to maxing out the video settings.

The CPU requirement is very high compared the GPU, which is sort of backwards. My GPU kills the recommended but CPU actually doesn't meet it.

Seriously fuck them. It's beyond obvious they're milking GTA V as hard as they can across all the platforms.

Yes. But thats also heavily relying on both parts of the story, them trying to milk people, and people playing along with their bullshit. As long as there are people buying the same game successively for multiple platforms, they will sure as hell sell it to them. As far as I am concerned, GTA5 does not yet exist, period.

lol