Grand Theft Auto V: PC Edition

Is the PC version even gonna be moddable? I haven't heard of a moddable game for ages.

Some people have a lot of free time and the will to do it whether the developer wants them to or not. All mod tools do is remove some bugs.

Remember the new SimCity? Mods have figured out how to increase the map size:

yvba9zn.png

It has a slew of bugs, but does allow gameplay. And that's a game that was almost designed from the start to be non-moddable. So, given that people with modded consoles already modded GTAV to a small extent (my favorite being tsunami mode), on PC it will wholeheartedly be moddable.

And suddenly... the shops are full of PS4+GTA bundles (at least in Poland).

Even a week ago they were all like "uhm, sorry, too late, no longer, never again, goodbye..."

Console version was out in October. ;)
October 2013...

- - - Updated - - -

nvm, I just got the joke. <_<

- - - Updated - - -

I actually prefer to wait a bit if the end result is a proper port. I just hope they're spending this extra time doing that, not just masturbating in a circle over the console profits.

I won't be pre-ordering it, I want to find out what it's like on release. I do like GTA IV, but I regret paying full price for it. If it's anything like Dragon Age III, there'll be plenty of retailers selling a game key for about 2/3 the price Rockstar will be asking for it.

Well, as mentioned before, I will probably have it in my inbox around release, as I preordered it - from gameseek UK - back in September 2013, for 24,xx GBP. Otherwise I'd surely not get it day 1, or 2, or 50.. or whenever its regular full price.

Is anybody getting this on release any more? I'll be waiting for it to crop up in the Steam Christmas sales...

I preordered off Steam, mainly because im so tired of deal hunting and the fact that none of the deals so far include a Steam key, if it's shit it's shit, even IV was fun after modding it to hell, i will probably pirate it if that's what's needed to mod and have more fun than R* intend

Is anybody getting this on release any more? I'll be waiting for it to crop up in the Steam Christmas sales...

I am via Steam. I can't wait to play it for a second time and don't care enough to wait to save a couple bucks.

I've also got the hardware to play it no matter how poorly it may be optimized.

Yeah.. thought that with GTA4 too.. but nope, couldn't get it running properly, regardless of how hard I tried. I had a top end system at the time and could throw mostly anything at it, yet GTA4 ran about as well as Crysis. In parts worse.

Yeah.. thought that with GTA4 too.. but nope, couldn't get it running properly, regardless of how hard I tried. I had a top end system at the time and could throw mostly anything at it, yet GTA4 ran about as well as Crysis. In parts worse.

Weird, I never had any problems with it. It always ran fine on medium/high, and then later on absolute maximum settings.

Weird, I never had any problems with it. It always ran fine on medium/high, and then later on absolute maximum settings.
On release it varied wildly, I always struggled getting it to work properly although in theory it should have worked fine and people with less powerful rigs were getting better performance out of it. Didn't stop me sinking hours into it. :lol:

I never got the same "buzz" I got from the other GTAs when playing V, I've still not finished the story although this it was the first GTA I played on a console (my old PS3) since Vice City! I think it's partially because getting the PS3 set up is a hassle and I use it so infrequently it'll need updating and somebody will have nicked the HDMI cable for something else and it's on the big TV in the family sitting room which is awkward etc, etc. The lack of AA and pop-in distance in particular also drove me mad!

Hoping that by Christmas it'll be slightly cheaper and it'll be a few patches in and ready to go. :D I don't really play games enough to justify the cost anymore, spend too much time in the garage skinning my knuckles and swearing...:mrgreen:

How does system transfer work?
I assume it's a one time deal like the next gen version?