Grand Theft Auto V: PC Edition

So much much space is needed during and after the installation? Or is that unpacking thing just for the download? Will play DJ as soon as it arrives, cleaned up a bit over 100GB on my SSD.

This is a virgin install. Haven't even started it:

0a4d4892dd.png

It needs 120GB. 60GB for the download and 60GB for the installation. The former is removed after the installation is complete. Dunno if this is applicable only for pre-orders for the purposes of embargoing.

[video=youtube;8ITAnNzj-zg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ITAnNzj-zg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Wowzers

Does anyone know if there's a boxed version that includes a Steam key?

I once read in an article some time ago that Amazon sells the DVD version but includes a Steam key.
I want it to be properly in Steam for logging the hours and joining friends, but I want the box and the map... dilemma. Any suggestions?

Unlikely. If you want I can tell you tomorrow after my lunch break since I've got a couple of electronics stores near our HQ that have games.

Damn, this game is immersive in 1st person. It's so easy to get lost in there, just like San Andreas was back in the day. I can see the timewasting potential already :lol:

Unlikely. If you want I can tell you tomorrow after my lunch break since I've got a couple of electronics stores near our HQ that have games.

Thanks, that would be great.

Maybe I'm gonna buy it via Steam (or a Steam code somewhere) soon and then grab the box for my shelf in a year or so when it's cheap on ebay...

Has anyone tried to play it on a low end rig? Mine is kind of a mishmash where it has only the 4GB minimum RAM, but a CPU and GPU not far removed from the recommended setup. I just don't want to spend the money on the game if I can't play it reasonably without upgrades (my MB is using an uncommon socket, judging by Newegg, so any upgrade to the CPU more or less requires a new board, and I don't have that kind of money right now).

Plays surprisingly well on my 6+ year old Core2 Extreme with 8GB RAM and a lowly GTX 660. Had a few crashes though, windows complained about it using too much memory and the attempt to switch focus caused the game to crash. Had to force reboot in the end as no key combinations worked.

No crashes yet and I'm really surprised at how well it runs on my pc (max settings on 1080p, constant 50-60, with a few occasional drops to 40 in really busy areas). The way the city feels is really amazing. There's no immersion breaking issues like they were in previous games like pop-in, car grouping, etc... It feels alive! I could just spend all day driving around.

Money well spent and well worth the 2 year wait, I'd say.

It runs very damn well indeed, but the game seems to occasionally forget to dump something from memory - my RAM usage climbed its way up from somewhere around 75% to 97% when I was playing today. Nothing running in the background. It took quite a few hours to get there though, so those of you with a life should have no issues :p

Other than that though, I've enjoyed the hell out of it so far. I've fiddled around with the settings and gotten the game to look gorgeous, while maintaining around 40 to 50 FPS all the time. Hell of a departure from GTA IV's optimization, or lack thereof. And as someone who hasn't actually played GTA 5 till now, I'm loving the story and the gameplay too.