Grand Theft Auto V: PC Edition

Does the same thing regardless of what I do. After some research I deleted the latest file it tried to download, now its back at it but showing wildly different numbers of what it needs to download and how far it is (54GB out of 55GB instead of 340MB out of 440MB), but still fucking kills the connection every 10 seconds, tries to reconnect for half a minute, resumes eventually just to fail again within seconds. Eventually that results in a permanent error of "Sorry, can't download the Update currently". Restarting the launcher does jack shit. Starting the Online Launcher and the Single Player launcher results in different amounts it apparently needs to download, but the rest of the story is thet same. It spends more time reconnecting than downloading.

Eventually got it working by limiting the download speed so it wouldn't time itself out. Played for about 2hrs the other day and got bored again by some pretty boring and tedious mission-parts that are just preparation for the actual missions..

Today I tried to mod it, nothing severe, just car-models,.. God damn it why does it have to be such a hassle to get the damn game to run with differently looking cars ffs. I have yet to succeed and am already no longer interested in playing again.

And to keep the fun going: Wanted to play some more today, encountered another 1.xx GB update. After the silly Social Club had updated beforehand. Had to limit its speed again to prevent the endless loop of it killing its own connection to the server. In the end it installed the update, then told me it had failed to install the update and that I need to restart the launcher. Restarting the launcher now resulted in it downloading 500mb again. Eventually that download and installation worked and the game is running again. For now.

Awe-fucking-some how well this crap works. I am truly amazed by how Rockstar managed to fuck this up so badly, and somehow I am not really shocked about them not giving even half a fuck to fix it.

I am the law!

I have a real life neighbor that looks like this, except with shorter hair. Very weird.

:blink:

What did I do last night? :D

:|

YEAH! Beauty Shot!

Ah shit. :p

And to keep the fun going: Wanted to play some more today, encountered another 1.xx GB update. After the silly Social Club had updated beforehand. Had to limit its speed again to prevent the endless loop of it killing its own connection to the server. In the end it installed the update, then told me it had failed to install the update and that I need to restart the launcher. Restarting the launcher now resulted in it downloading 500mb again. Eventually that download and installation worked and the game is running again. For now.

Awe-fucking-some how well this crap works. I am truly amazed by how Rockstar managed to fuck this up so badly, and somehow I am not really shocked about them not giving even half a fuck to fix it.

To be honest I've never heard such big problems as those ... seems more like an exception than anything else? Sometimes when an update comes it might not work in the Steam version because the Social Club says "no, I don't want you to login" but other than that ... :dunno: But I can definitely understand your frustration, I had some trouble right after I bought it aswell.

But to come to the car customizing and modding again - now as I've played quite a lot, mainly online, I'm sad when it comes to the car customizing aspect. I'm not even in the mood of modding because firstly I know from GTA IV how hard it was compared to the III-era and secondly the cars in GTA V are (surprisingly) interesting enough that for the offline part of the game I don't want to switch them for real cars.
But the customizing itself is rather ... boring. Turbo tuning that costs a lot (not like you earn a lot in online) and brings like a 2% better acceleration, body kit parts are all 2003 Need for Speed Underground style and the wings mostly aswell. Wheels are wayyy to expensive, as are colours. I don't even wanna spend the money on one of those new lowriders that just came out as you can easily pay two million to buy and modify one. But they're so slow... and not useable, just show cars which is fun with friends for like five minutes. I'd rather save the money and get a real supercar later on.
Rockstar said the tuning in GTA V would be near endless but honestly... the tuning in GTA SA was more in-depth as it is now, and that's hugely disappointing. It's not like expected that you can change so in-depth like in the new Need for Speed for example, but I expected more than just one bumper per car and an engine tuning that doesn't do anything...

To be honest I've never heard such big problems as those ... seems more like an exception than anything else? Sometimes when an update comes it might not work in the Steam version because the Social Club says "no, I don't want you to login" but other than that ... :dunno: But I can definitely understand your frustration, I had some trouble right after I bought it aswell.

But to come to the car customizing and modding again - now as I've played quite a lot, mainly online, I'm sad when it comes to the car customizing aspect. I'm not even in the mood of modding because firstly I know from GTA IV how hard it was compared to the III-era and secondly the cars in GTA V are (surprisingly) interesting enough that for the offline part of the game I don't want to switch them for real cars.
But the customizing itself is rather ... boring. Turbo tuning that costs a lot (not like you earn a lot in online) and brings like a 2% better acceleration, body kit parts are all 2003 Need for Speed Underground style and the wings mostly aswell. Wheels are wayyy to expensive, as are colours. I don't even wanna spend the money on one of those new lowriders that just came out as you can easily pay two million to buy and modify one. But they're so slow... and not useable, just show cars which is fun with friends for like five minutes. I'd rather save the money and get a real supercar later on.
Rockstar said the tuning in GTA V would be near endless but honestly... the tuning in GTA SA was more in-depth as it is now, and that's hugely disappointing. It's not like expected that you can change so in-depth like in the new Need for Speed for example, but I expected more than just one bumper per car and an engine tuning that doesn't do anything...

I've been having the software update failures too. It's why I haven't played the game all summer.

Online lobbies are 90% hackers now. And not "cheated a lot of money" hackers but "flying around the map and locking you in place" hackers.

This is why I don't play most PC games.

Games used to be fun. Now it's just hacking and software updates.

This is why I don't play most PC games.

Because hacking doesn't happen on consoles!

Well, maybe less. But I've seen hacking on consoles pretty much as much as on PCs in various games. Suprised me, honestly.

I know it happens on consoles too, but it is less of a problem for most games.

They should have used VAC and only sell it through Steam. I haven't seen a hacker in a VAC game for years and most of those games allow mods so it would've been win-win.

implying they wanted mods, they just don't, they got their heads up their asses and think microtransactions and some stupid new cars will stop people (cars that dont even come to SP...)

I've found quite a few decent people on GTA Online, whom I've done quite a few (Hard mode) heists with. :dunno: Obviously I've come across plenty of hackers aswell but can't do much about that. Tried doing a few online races for the first time last night and once slipstreaming, custom cars and all that was switched off followed by using Coupe class cars, I recall quite a few races where I smoked them... :mrgreen:

Last edited:
This is why I don't play multiplayer games.

FTFY.

Even from the start I thought GTAO was boring. Its basically the same thing on repeat and simplified so that people can play together. It gets old really fast hackers or not.

...Says the guy who is looking forward to a massive online multiplayer game the most (No Man's Sky)....

They should have used VAC and only sell it through Steam. I haven't seen a hacker in a VAC game for years and most of those games allow mods so it would've been win-win.

Ever played CS:GO?

Well, those are cheaters to be exact, but still...

FTFY.

Even from the start I thought GTAO was boring. Its basically the same thing on repeat and simplified so that people can play together. It gets old really fast hackers or not.

...Says the guy who is looking forward to a massive online multiplayer game the most (No Man's Sky)....

It depends on who you are playing with. There is a lot of fun to be had with friends online.

Grand Theft Auto V: PC Edition

The final gear crew action is: Bro love. :D