Grand Theft Auto V

Donington

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'05 Honda Civic Type-R
http://img692.imageshack.**/img692/3566/gta5e.jpg

Well, we all knew it was coming but it's finally official. The trailer's out November second, and I'm already stoked.

http://www.rockstargames.com/

As such a huge fan of the franchise, I simply can't wait to see the trailer, even though I know it'll just be a quick teaser.

Thoughts on where it'll be set? I'm going to guess Los Santos.

Last edited:

Buktu

Car(s)
Suzuki Swift 1.3 2006
This was both unexpected and really rather expected. Didn't take a rocket scientist to guess that it was in development :)

Looking forward to seeing the trailer. I have no idea what setting they'll use, though I'm sort of hoping that they'll do something like San Andreas :) I loved the variety in that one.

Reactions: TC

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
Firstly, the best news I've heard all week.
Also, since GTA 1, it always goes, Liberty, Vice and San Andreas.

It annoyed me when the 3rd of the GTA 3 franchise was rumoured to be coming out and everybody was saying "omg I wonder what it'll be?" San Andreas you morons, history teaches you everything.

You watch, it won't be Vice. :lol: Its GTA 5, not another trilogy.

Last edited:

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Four from the top and two from the third row, UK.
Car(s)
'12 MX-5 PRHT, '02 Freelander, '90 Disco 1 Bobtail
Great news, I was thinking that it's about time we heard about a new one.

You watch, it won't be Vice. :lol: Its GTA 5, not another trilogy.

I certainly wouldn't mind if it was Vice, Vice City is probably my favourite despite having 2002 graphics and a tiny map. I wouldn't mind having another GTA:London though either. :)

Lightning Count

Vice City would be awesome, but it'd need to be a lot bigger, I would also love an 80's setting again.

Aston Martin

Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
I'm calling it.

I know the old one was GTA IV, kind of convienient that the new one is GTA V as in GTA Vice.

TC

aka TomCat
Sweet. The only thing I didn't like about GTA IV was the lack of variety with the map. Especially with how massive San Andreas was before it. Still, I loved the last Vice City. Here's hoping they add more jets and stuff to fly. :D

Aston Martin

Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
It's a shame theres someone on the forum who works for Rockstar North. :(

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Time to upgrade my PC.

Why? The game is a long, long ways off and it'll very likely be for consoles only at first like GTA4 was.

LeMans GTR

It looks like something money related from what I can tell and from what I've read. My initial thought points to Wall Street but we already had New York in the last game, the only other city that seems plausible is Washington DC but I dunno, it doesn't seem to fit that well. Still, I can wait a week for it to arrive, I'm in no rush, I've waited three years, what's a little bit longer.

DarthBane22

Car(s)
Legally blind
Woo

GTA4 and Episodes are simply masterpieces.

cant wait for the next one. although it will probably be atleast a year and a half before we get it

GaryC

Car(s)
'90 Miata, '12 Octavia RS
Only thing I wish is that they optimise it better on the PC

thevictor390

Teen Wankeler
Car(s)
'17 Mazda MX-5 RF, '89 Toyota Blizzard SX5
Vice City has been the strongest rumor so far, that would be my best guess. It makes sense in a lot of ways. I would love to see a sprawling map like San Andreas though, GTA IV gameplay was fairly solid and would be amazing with more variety.

TC

aka TomCat
The more I think about it, the more I think Vice City would be a bit pointless. There seems to be a timeline with these GTA games and the whole appeal of Vice City, for me anyway, was the era it took place in. That Miami Vice 1980's hair band era. But if the new Vice City takes place in a modern era, post 2000's, than it won't have that appeal. San Andreas has plenty of palm trees and beaches and rollerblading bikini girls, that we don't really need a Vice City so much, imo. Maybe an all new city/area would be better this time around.

Still, I'm excited to see what they do with GTA 5, either way.

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
:dance::drool:

Vice City would be awesome, but it'd need to be a lot bigger, I would also love an 80's setting again.

Also this.

I'm also hoping they bring back the extra vehicle features from GTASA like the tow truck that actually could tow, and the ramp truck with the dropping ramp, and the 18 wheels with working trailer.

Cowboy

My name is Sheridan
Yes, all of this, set in Vice , 80's setting, plenty of above mentioned vehicles, used in missions aswell please, and for God's sake give us a Vice City like soundtrack.....there is just something about driving to a drugdeal with some Peurto Ricans in a stolen countach with 'died in your arms' playing.

Red_Bull

Gives you wings?
Yes, all of this, set in Vice , 80's setting, plenty of above mentioned vehicles, used in missions aswell please, and for God's sake give us a Vice City like soundtrack.....there is just something about driving to a drugdeal with some Peurto Ricans in a stolen countach with 'died in your arms' playing.

Oh totally. Nothing like the sun going down over the beach and I'm on my way to kill some Cubans with soundtrack by Flock of Seagulls!

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
Car(s)
3 of them
I concur with all of that.

However I'm not so sure it'll be vice city. One thing I'd like is a return to silliness, GTA IV to me felt quite a bit more serious than all the previous games.

Werner

Car(s)
'11 Toyota Aygo; '07 Honda CB600F Hornet
:motherofgod:

I haven't seen one single bit of GTA Five besides the announcement and i know it's gonna be 'mother of god' worthy already. Can't. Wait.