Grand Theft Auto V

Last edited:
You know those dirtbike riding rednecks on that dirt road near the dam? The ones that start calling you an immigrant or whatever and chase you down and try to kill you on sight? Is there some trick I'm missing about killing them? I've died 4 times in a row now and only managed to kill one of them once. I've tried shooting from the car while driving, but because the dirt road is full of huge bumps and twists, it didn't work. I tried running them over, but they just dodge away and shoot through my windows. I went and got fully armored up with a fully armored vehicle, spun it sideways, got out, ducked for cover, aimed to shoot one of them... but my vehicle immediately exploded and I was dead. I can't seem to absorb more than 3 hits before I'm dead, even in heavy armor.

I'm about ready to pull the disc out, snap it in half and throw it in the trash. It wouldn't be so bad if it was an actual mission. Instead I wake up in the hospital a million miles away without a vehicle and a little poorer. It seems like they magically appear out of thin air, but are they hiding somewhere? Can I snipe them?

Last edited:
Try using sticky bombs and wildly spraying the mini-smg. Natures solution to everything in the game.

I would, but so far I can't seem to survive more than 3 seconds once leaving my vehicle.

I'll have to try it with Trevor's special ability. I never used the abilities while playing through the main storyline really... about time I try them, I guess. :p

The special abilities make a HUGE difference. I like Michael's the best (bullet time), Franklin's is useless when on foot, but he can shoot in slow mo when driving, and Trevor's is cool, but I hardly use it. Whichever character you use, go to the shooting range to increase their shooting stat.

Or just run around killing stuff instead. ;)

I still want a tank... :(

Instead I wake up in the hospital a million miles away without a vehicle and a little poorer.

I avoid that by keeping all my money in stocks.

I got live tonight and have been playing. Little disappointed in a few things, but overall, it is pretty damn good.

Now give me some Mafia Work as dlc.

Or just run around killing stuff instead. ;)

I still want a tank... :(

If you finished the story, you'll have more than enough money to buy one. ;)

Yes, your shooting stat does increase when just running around and shooting stuff, but nearly as quickly as at the range.

But at the range, you can't collect monies to buy that tank! Lol

I was using Trevor when I ran into those rednecks. His shooting skills are maxed out, but I'm not sure I can tell the difference between his shooting skills and Franklin and Michaels. But anyway, I finally got around to killing the rednecks. I never knew you could throw sticky bombs while driving. I tossed one into the middle of them and killed one instantly, threw the other off his bike into the bushes, and launched one off the cliff. By the time the one that lost his bike came running up to me, I detonated another sticky bomb that I had thrown. The guy who went off the cliff I needed to run around and find a vantage point to snipe him down in the canyon. How these guys can be so tough and have such powerful weapons, I don't even... An army of merryweather have a harder time killing me.

But anyway, some mild damage to good old Betty and Trevor looks no worse for wear, though it's hard to tell sometimes.

6565.jpg

6566.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't had time to test it, but do vehicles you purchase online, in game, on your phone always respawn even when they're abandoned or destroyed?

Prepping for the big heist

Your train has arrived :lol:

I plan on using that method next play through.

I haven't had time to test it, but do vehicles you purchase online, in game, on your phone always respawn even when they're abandoned or destroyed?

In singleplayer? Sadly not. :(
So you can only really drive them from your garage back to your garage, otherwise you risk losing your million dollar supercar because it's replaced by a mission specific vehicle etc.
Sucks especially because they found a good system for GTA online, and I can't see why they wouldn't use a similar system for singleplayer.

However, non-car vehicles you bought (helicopters, the tank, ...) will apparently respawn if they are destroyed.

Reactions: TC
Well that's something. I bought a helicopter and was forced to abandon it for a mission, but when I drove back to the helipad, it was back and waiting for me.