Grand Theft Auto V

Maybe if PC gamers weren't such pirates, software developers would actually care about PC releases...
Also, I kind of like the idea of developers having only a limited amount of hardware performance. It makes them really push the boundaries of how they write their games. A good analogy would be F1 racing. You have to work within a specific rule set, therefore increases in performance have to be done through clever means. PC devs just build for the sky. Of course I'm over-simplifying...but yeah.

On topic. This game looks absolutely stunning.

Last edited:
Maybe if PC gamers weren't such pirates, software developers would actually care about PC releases...

rofl, using game studios own quotes now? Make a game worth playing and maybe, just maybe it will sell itself... in obscene numbers

I'm probably not going to wait for the PC version, I'll get it on the PS3 when it comes out. Hopefully it'll be better than Red Dead Redemption and GTA IV in terms of graphics.

I thought they looked nice.. Especially Red Dead, that was a good looking game.

But what do I know, I just game on consoles.. :p

@Everyone: Please stay on-topic. This is a GTA5 thread, not a consoles vs PC thread. Thanks.

Some unverified news from a Italian gaming site. (First bit of the video)

The game may have multiple endings.
No character switching when you are wanted.
Game length is around 25 - 30 hours or Red Dead Redemption length.

The character switching is full of questions. When we switch from one character to the other, the previous character will go on his business right? So like...can we kill him? :p Would they act like normal NPCs? It would be really awesome if R* added some special interactions between them when free roaming!

Waiting patiently for the pre-order.

Pointless petition is pointless. There will be a PC version, just not right away, as always. Nothing will change that, even if that petition gets all 100k signatures some random person arbitrarily decided it needed and then some.

Pointless petition is pointless. There will be a PC version, just not right away, as always. Nothing will change that, even if that petition gets all 100k signatures some random person arbitrarily decided it needed and then some.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/gta-next/1226704p1.html
Rockstar Avoids Grand Theft Auto 5 PC Question

Developer not ready to confirm GTA 5 will hit PC.

We PC gamers have grown accustomed to getting games later than our console brethren, and sometimes, infuriatingly, not at all. But when we're talking about a game series as iconic as Grand Theft Auto, we don't tolerate a great deal of standoffishness. That didn't stop Rockstar developer Dan Houser from throwing a heap of doubt on the possibility for a PC version of Grand Theft Auto V.

When questioned by IGN about the lack of a PC announcement, Houser refused to confirm anything, claiming that, "we can do what we want wherever there's the appropriate business opportunity and chance to find a market. If that's on Apple we put something on Apple. Wherever it might be."

In a serious conversation about a major game release, bringing up Apple as your go-to example seems to smack of condescension. While I have little doubt that GTA V will eventually make its way to PC, being coy about it, or worse, treating it like an arbitrary line of inquiry doesn't exactly instill confidence that Rockstar thinks very highly of the platform.

We all know that we'll get our hands on GTA V eventually, it's just a matter when, right? Right?!

Do you guys have any comprehension of how capitalism works?

I bought a mustang gt.... OH NOES, THERE'S A BOSS VERSION NOW?
I bought a BRZ..... OH NOES, THERE'S A TURBO VERSION COMING?
I bought an ipad... OH NOES, THERE'S A MINI VERSION NOW?

You buy the original, then you break down and buy the version you really want because it was inconveniently released AFTER the fact. This is the way the world works
1619748-welcome_ta_erf_super.jpg

Back to the matter at hand, this game looks sick. I can't believe the scale of it (especially altitude-wise), and how much it looks like LA (Venice Beach, Hollywood Hills, Griffith Observatory just to name a few). In the midst of closing on a house, and I think i'm more excited for GTA, haha.

Back on topic... (sorta)

How long it took for Rockstar to release PC versions of their games after console versions:

L.A. Noire: 8 months
GTA IV: 7 months
San Andreas: 7 months
Vice City: 6 months
GTA III: 7 months

The PC version is usually announced a couple of months after the console release.

So all you PC aficionados: shut your pie holes and be patient! You'll get your announcement sometime in the summer and it will release sometime in Fall/Winter 2013 (probably :p).

Edit: That V trailer redone in IV is amazingly well-done! :clap:

Last edited:
i'd rather they took their time porting it to PC, making an actual good port, than hurrying the port from console to PC, and it sucking.