Grand Theft Auto V

After the first hit the plane will slowly die.

The Chinook-look-a-like helicopter is a lot of fun. You can pick various objects with it: cars, rocks.... Just don't pick cars from the highway coming towards you with speed :lol:

Last edited:
So I learned how to properly make use of the assassination missions. Unfortunately, I played two of them before learning I should hold off on them until after the last heist. I've managed to turn $25m for each character into $90m+. Technically, that combined is about enough to buy all the properties in the game, but characters can't share money or property (which would be awesome), so I won't be able to get everything, like the golf course.

So I learned how to properly make use of the assassination missions. Unfortunately, I played two of them before learning I should hold off on them until after the last heist. I've managed to turn $25m for each character into $90m+. Technically, that combined is about enough to buy all the properties in the game, but characters can't share money or property (which would be awesome), so I won't be able to get everything, like the golf course.

I totally forgot about those. Is it a contact in my phone?

I grabbed the fighter after a couple of attempts, took off without a hitch and managed to dodge most of the missiles but got hit by one, which must've been enough because the engine cut out and I crashed. Either that or the parked planes are low on fuel from the start, I did do lots of evasive manoeuvres.

i thought this happened to me too, suddenly just lost throttle without any obviuos reason after escaping

How do you get so much money?

I'm at 40% and only got 750K with Michael and ~100K with trevor end franklin ... :(

You earn a lot from the last heist. The other heists give you some money as well, but apart from that there's no real way to make decent money. Very few missions actually get you paid, and even those that do don't pay much.
I did all the Lester missions right as they popped up to make some quick cash, because I only had like 5k with Franklin... so basically I didn't use their potential for moneymaking at all. :|

Last edited:
I did all the Lester missions right as they popped up to make some quick cash, because I only had like 5k with Franklin... so basically I didn't use their potential for moneymaking at all. :|

I got $5k from one and then died and lost it to the hospital within minutes. I currently have a profit on the stock market thanks to one of the missions though. :)

i thought this happened to me too, suddenly just lost throttle without any obviuos reason after escaping

If you try and slow down, but slow down too much. I want to say the engine cuts-out altogether and then goes into stall. Full acceleration gets it back, just make sure you aren't too low.

Btw, does anyone know if there's anything interesting underwater in the Alamo sea? I just thought about trying to take a dinghy from the ocean up one of the rivers so I can use scuba gear in the lake. :think:

I did exactly that, drove the scuba boat all the way up the coast and then up the river. Beached it once by accident, but was near a road and rammed it back in with a truck. I scuba'd maybe 1/4 of it (just in a straight line), and didn't find anything, but there is a lot more water to cover.

Currently taking advantage of a mission to do some shopping at the airport. Hoping this works out. :D

Edit:

2013-09-27 22.18.10_2_S.jpg
0_0.jpg

It broke down at this point and I couldn't get back in. Of course it disappeared too, but there's nowhere big enough to house it anyway.

Last edited:
How come we can't just buy the fighter jet? You can buy a tank, cargobob (cargo chopper), buzzard (small attack chopper), and other military vehicles like the jeep and the barracks truck...so why not the jet? :(

I just tried to do all 50 bridge flythroughs... tried being the key word. :annoyed:
I got around 30 on my own, then I gave up and used a guide for the rest. Mostly because it's quite random what is counted as a bridge for this and what isn't.
On my first way around I end with 47 of 50. Go around the map once more and double check, get two more done. Still stuck at 49/50. Must've gone around two or three more times, still missing one. I just have no clue how I could still miss one.
:blowup:

Some stuff that I'm missing in V that were in IV:

- Tennis and golf are great, but why did they nix the billiards and bowling?
- Hot dog stands and fast food joints are not accessible.
- In IV you could either shut your engine off or leave it running when you exit your vehicle; in V you always shut it off.

Those are just the ones I can think of right now...I'm sure there are a few more.

Really good video from Nerd3