Grand Theft Auto V

Really keeping my fingers crossed that my Xbox HDD and/or savegame will have stopped shitting the bed by the time I get home.

This just happened to me. I am considering moving my game save to a thumb drive.

This just happened to me. I am considering moving my game save to a thumb drive.

I did some research online and found a solution for all the Xbox issues...Buy a PS3

Interestingly, I
didn't get to drive around that map at all because I started the second mission as Trevor, so instead of being Michael, driving to LSX, then around North Yankton, I flew off Blaine County as Trevor and then appeared at the graveyard.

You can replay missions you know. Go do it. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Really keeping my fingers crossed that my Xbox HDD and/or savegame will have stopped shitting the bed by the time I get home.

I store mine in the cloud just incase my drive fails. The Xbox keeps a local copy of my whole cloud on my hard drive, plus I manually clone the saved game to my Xbox's main storage area every few weeks.

You can replay missions you know. Go do it. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I store mine in the cloud just incase my drive fails. The Xbox keeps a local copy of my whole cloud on my hard drive, plus I manually clone the saved game to my Xbox's main storage area every few weeks.

Yeah, I'm going to copy my savegame to the cloud and a thumbdrive today after work.

Nice, bookmarked both. I'm curious about the second investment though. Is it safe to invest ALL your money into that company? Will you not need a few bucks here or there to buy equipment or weapon upgrades before the final heist?

You should wait until after you finish the story line before doing these assassination missions. That way, you'll have a lot more money to start with from all the heists. I have max money with all characters (2+ billion) doing it this way, and a lot of shares left over to replenish. When you're waiting for the stocks to rise, enter the save screen and then back out without saving, so you don't have to keep saving. It still advances time by doing it this way.

Reactions: TC
Thanks for the advice.

BTW, this damn game is destroying my sleep cycles. I stay up too late, then dream about it, wake up super early, can't fall back asleep, and so get up to play some more.

Also my left eye is now bloodshot. I'm hoping it's just severe burns from my plasma TV and not pink eye or something. :p

I wonder what season it's supposed to be during the story.

In Trevor's trailer you can see a calendar on the August page, but when you go back to North Yankton (based on North Dakota) it's Winter time. Maybe Trevor just forgot to change his calendar. :p

I tried going after some of the UFO parts that are at/in the area of the docks controlled by the private army and got my ass kicked around a bit a few times. Can't find the part because so many cops show up that it is not funny. But I kill a shitload before I go. :lol:

Also went to get the fighter from the base and got shot out of the air before I could get more than fifty feet off the ground by a tank. Where do they hide the tanks, I want one of those instead. :evil:

The underwater area is populated with very interesting things. I've seen two crashed commercial planes, one cargo plane, a whale skeleton, and the flooded remains of what looks like an underwater lab or something? I was going around the island in the minisub collecting nuclear waste and came across all of that. Tried to set Points of Interest, but they got cleared when I shut down the Xbox.

The underwater area is populated with very interesting things. I've seen two crashed commercial planes, one cargo plane, a whale skeleton, and the flooded remains of what looks like an underwater lab or something? I was going around the island in the minisub collecting nuclear waste and came across all of that. Tried to set Points of Interest, but they got cleared when I shut down the Xbox.

Side note, I discovered that you can also only have 10 POIs simultaneously.

So I was doing Michael's Epsilon missions. I did the one where you have to deliver the blue plane to the airstrip then that movie star (whatever his name is, Clint or something?) flies off in it. I took his Maserati and was doing high-speed runs on the runway for 2 or 3 minutes when I heard a noise. I went to have a look and found this on the far side of the airstrip:
0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Also, although you can't shoot your family, it turns out you can blow them up.
0_0.jpg

:D

Finished the main storyline. Pretty proud of myself, considering how bad I am at video games. Especially shooter games. I used that Skip feature twice, but both times were all very early in the game and were more out of impatience to move the story along than being unable to beat that part of the mission. I didn't even see the skip option after...

...Trevor destroys that meth lab on that farm. I'm not sure if this GTA game is just easier than previous games, or maybe the knowledge that I can always skip my way forward allowed me to be more level headed and patient, but I never needed more than 2 attempts to pass any part of any mission after that early Trevor mission.

I have to agree with many others, the heists were so much fun, it's just a shame there weren't more. Do you think they can add new heists via DLC? Of course RockStar is probably focusing on the latest generation consoles now...

I really enjoyed the storyline and characters too. This felt like an interactive movie, rather than any video game I've ever played. I kinda want to be excited about what RockStar might come up with for the next GTA game, years from now, but I love the maps of GTA 5 so much, I'd rather they release lots of DLC for it. I'll throw my money at the screen for that.

Last edited:
That is conformed for now as a GTA:O addon. Should be happening soon. Will be fun to do them with friends!

True, but I still hope they add some in game. At least for the characters who aren't "retired".

Another tiny detail I noticed that makes this game awesome.

Was trying to find a particular truck near the CluckinBell facility in Paleto Bay when all of a sudden I noticed a bunch of people in overalls outside the plant. Never seen them before.

8qTLnft.jpg

Saw the time on the phone when I was taking the picture, and noticed it was 12:03. They all went outside for a lunch break :lol:

Also, is it just me, or is it really hard to find the Gulf colored Hauler?

cnnBvst.jpg

Last edited: