GranTurismo3 Thread

Shh that doesn't look bad at all! I played the demo and liked it!
Thanks for the links. Now hope I can find a **cough** fullversion **cough** on the interweb.

GTR is certainly a better sim...
World Racing isn't a sim at all, I'd say... I actually said that, didn't I??
PLUS: If you like Top Gear, this is the Game for you... I mostly drive it until I perfected my sliding skillz in a car...

I tried a GTR demo and this was fun as well, its maybe a little too much work ;-)

Gotta try to get a **cough** fullversion **cough* of it...

Buba

I'll make an attempt at getting things back on topic. :p

What is everyone's favourite car from Gran Turismo 3? Mine is hands down the RX-7 LM Race Car. It's not the fastest, but it is definetly my favourite to drive. The balance in the car is absolutely perfect.

The RUF RGT is my favorite. You can make it have around 1,100 hp and it has really fast in acceleration and down the straits. Plus it don't cost as much when compared to other cars with the same performance.
A close second would be the Tommy Kaira ZZ-2, it's very easy to drive and really fast.

Favourite car (by mileage):
GT-ONE Road Car(TS020) - 3326.8 miles <- got this one relatively early
F686/M - 1644.6 miles
F094/S - 1023.2 miles
Corvette Z06 - 656.5 miles
Impreza LM Race Car - 399.3 miles
Escudo Pikes Peak Version - 369.9 miles
Mazda MX-5 Miata (J) - 209.1 miles

Not a favourate list, but a short list of cars by HP:
Escudo Pikes Peak Version - 1881 HP (damn thing is uncontrollable but got 301mph out of it).
Zonda C12S - 1128 HP
787B - 984 HP
Corvette C5R - 984 HP
Viper GTS-R Team Oreca - 966 HP

Well so far my best car is a 500+ hp R32 Skyline GTR as well as a 500+ hp Mustang Cobra R

Can somebody please give me some advice on making a shitload of credits early on? I hate all the early segments of GT games.... the beginning is always so boring for me.

Phix said:
Can somebody please give me some advice on making a shitload of credits early on? I hate all the early segments of GT games.... the beginning is always so boring for me.
Do the B-licensing and and A-licensing and try to get all golds. If you can do that, you will win a Miata (for the B-license) and a RX-8 (for the A-license). You can easily win the Sunday Cup, Clubman Cup and FR Challenge with the RX8, and you can use the Miata to win the Spider and Roadster Cup.

Once you've completed those leagues you will have quite a bit of money. You could either continue to upgrade the RX8 and do all the races you can do with it, or you could buy a vehicle like the Vitz, Altezza, Evo, or Beetle and finish off their specialty leagues. Another good investment would be a Skyline R34 GT-R. You can use it for the 4WD leagues, turbo leagues and the Red Emblem cup.

Getting all golds in the licensing can be challenging, but I've found this is definetly the best way to start off a new game.

zenon said:
Getting all golds in the licensing can be challenging, but I've found this is definetly the best way to start off a new game.
That can take forever, and I wasn't particularly impressed with the rewards.
I can't remember what I did (been a few years or so), but I think I raced one of the enduro races to get the GT-ONE car (which is awesome).

Not really related to the game, but to Renesis and Viper who just bought a ps2, get an S-Video or component video cable for your new console if you haven't already done so. Ps2's image quality with the standard composite cable is paticularly poor for some reason.

Okie dokey. :)

Phix said:

I'm the exact opposite, the first bit is my favourite bit and I get relatively bored later on in the game.

Passing the license test can be VERY frustrating. So I had to cheat 8) .

Got a chance to play some more last night. Man I love this game. :D

Viper007Bond said:
Got a chance to play some more last night. Man I love this game. :D

So i'm guessing you are going to buy a PS2 8) , for GT4.

And have 2 of them? Nah, my sister will have finished her games by March and I'll have plenty of time to play. :)