Great British Nightmare

Koenig

Anyone see this recently? Definitely Gordon Ramsay at his finest. People can hate his ego and his foul mouth all they want, but god is he passionate about food and the little guys in the world. I can definitely respect that.

Saw it a while ago. I usually follow/download everything Ramsay does on television. He does know his food...

Just watched this, are there going to be more episodes of the series? I've seen the rest of the episodes and I enjoyed all of them.

Just watched this, are there going to be more episodes of the series? I've seen the rest of the episodes and I enjoyed all of them.

This was just a one of. Made for a special kind of "food week" Channel 4 were campaigning for. However, the next British series of Kitchen Nightmares shouldn't be far away...

Kitchen nightmares started last night... or maybe the day before.

*sorry it was the american version that aired.

Last edited:
I'm going to check this out. I love GR. Been watching "F Word" or whatever for the first time, the guy is amazing. Watching Kitchen Nightmares and Hell's Kitchen, you don't get the opportunity to see what he does best.

I'm going to check this out. I love GR. Been watching "F Word" or whatever for the first time, the guy is amazing. Watching Kitchen Nightmares and Hell's Kitchen, you don't get the opportunity to see what he does best.

The British version of Kitchen Nightmares is more focused on the food instead of shouting. Also feels a lot less "force edited", which as you say, gives you the opportunity to see the real Ramsay.

I catch a few now and then, but BBC America repeats a lot of the same episodes over and over. I agree, they don't try to create suspense or drama. The US version is more focused on "shock"....let's check out the reach-in cooler and see what disgusting product is laying about, and then stick our hands in it and smell.

You can find all the episodes of the Brit show on:

thebox.bz

pm if you need invite

Cool. I'll try to look into it once I finally clear my DVR of all its clutter.

They're also available, streamable, from

www.alluc.org

for when you cba'd downloading things.

Look for Kitchen Nightmares, Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares and Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

I much prefer the UK ones over the US ones - the US ones feel very artificial and "I felt this and I felt this" - I think that the UK ones give a better impression of what happened - and are arguably more entertaining? You actually get the impression that the food is important in the UK one, too, and Ramsay's passion for trying to get things work comes through more.

My favourite would be the (UK) one set in Paris, at Piccolo Teatro.

In other GR news, his new restaurant in France got 2 Michelin Stars.

In other GR news, his new restaurant in France got 2 Michelin Stars.

Good news, especially as it pisses off the French who were a bit shocked ("A Brit? Coming over here and telling us how to cook?")

Little Gordon

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcZqwR9tbJE[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsnVvXkDnqM[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-5e_Tjv7vg[/youtube]