Great... [READ ME RIGHT NOW! :( ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i remember some countries where they're less active with these kinda matters. Maybe you could host the site via a hosting company based in one of those sites?

I remember Saudi Arabia being quite easy with vhs and music tapes back in the day. Cept that might be quite hard comunication wise. But i heard about other countires which have slipped my mind.

sns2015 said:
Does this apply to the Fifth Gear downloads as well or just Top Gear?
Only Top Gear.

Kip_6666 said:
i remember some countries where they're less active with these kinda matters. Maybe you could host the site via a hosting company based in one of those sites?

I remember Saudi Arabia being quite easy with vhs and music tapes back in the day. Cept that might be quite hard comunication wise. But i heard about other countires which have slipped my mind.
Again, I dunno how far I wanna go personally if this was the BBC and not the host. :?

I dont even think this was BBC.

Most of these threats are made because they know ppl will crack under the fear.

Maybe they noticed the hits this site was getting and checked the site. This did come within a week of our most users on site day.

Viper007Bond said:
We could always move the site outta the country or something, but I sadly am still in the States. I guess it comes down to how far do I want to push my luck.

May I suggest Sweden, look at Piratebay's responses to the legal threats they received! Don't we have any Swedes on the board? ;)

Now seriously, sad news! :(

First of all, I'd suggest to stop "advertising" the site! E.g. the first step would be to remove the splash screen at the beginning of the vids (or to not use it again). This way people wouldn't know where the file originally comes from, if they get it somewhere else.

Next suggestion, VUK could just release the episodes on Mininova or any other popular BT site. (at least for the moment) If one of those sites gets taken down, there is always a successor...

Last suggestion, see above.
The site could be hosted somewhere else, in Sweden for instance, and somebody else (somebody you can trust) could be registered as the official "owner" of the site.

EDIT:
Viper007Bond said:
sns2015 said:
Does this apply to the Fifth Gear downloads as well or just Top Gear?
Only Top Gear.

That surprises me! Why is Top Gear a problem while Fifth Gear isn't?? <_<

cya
Oliver

This is terrible news, however, if you do want to change hosts, I've got one for you that's probably perfect. The prices are cheap, they're out of the country (Canada, where copyright laws are quite lax), and I know they won't care as they are run by someone I know to not care about these things. As long as there'll be some way to distribute the new Top Gear torrents, all will be well.

May I suggest Sweden, look at Piratebay responses to the legal threats they received! Don't we have any Swedes on the board?

I second that, where are the Sweds? :thumbsup:

What if we all wrote letters to top gear and promised that many of us would buy subscriptions to the magazine (I would)? I think they'd probably be understanding. I mean it's not like you are making a profit off of this site, you're just sharing your love of fine automobiles others.

justin syder said:
May I suggest Sweden, look at Piratebay responses to the legal threats they received! Don't we have any Swedes on the board?

not here :p

haz

What if we all wrote letters to top gear and promised that many of us would buy subscriptions to the magazine (I would)? I think they'd probably be understanding. I mean it's not like you are making a profit off of this site, you're just sharing your love of fine automobiles others.

We save that method if BBC actually contacted us but this is just a prob with assholes at a server provider.

Calm down everyone, we'll find a solution.

Viper, it could be time to recosider the other hosting solutions you had, those in russia.

We can't close the site nor not post download links here, we better kill ourselves then.

haz said:
justin syder said:

not here :p

haz

im a swede... unfortunately that wont help much... but how about contacting piratebay?

www.piratebay.com and try to work out some kind of deal with them...

if push comes to shove you could just upload the torrents on their site like any other torrent and link to them on the forums...

what if we emailed BBC for explicit permission of watching and downloading top gear, then you can mail the bbc response to the server host..

agreed to that ... contacting BBC will be jeopardizing the whole sites future (DL bit)

haz

Status
Not open for further replies.