Green Car

A thread from the grave because I have a question:

Why are so many "green" models called blue (BlueMotion, BlueEFFICIENCY, BlueDrive)?

Why are so many "green" models called blue (BlueMotion, BlueEFFICIENCY, BlueDrive)?

Seriously?

terra.jpg

Also, VWs logo has Blue in it. :p

Last edited:

Mercedes and VW/Audi use BluTec emissions systems under an agreement with Daimler AG. If any other manufacturers use "blue" in the name of their clean diesel engines (I'm not sure anybody else is, although I could be mistaken.), it's probably to cash in a bit on Mercedes' reputation for engineering. And you can't trademark a colour.

I was wondering when you'd show up. :D

I have a green and blue one because I want to show that I care.

http://img697.imageshack.**/img697/5339/img2318j.jpg

http://img189.imageshack.**/img189/2476/img1864fw.jpg

Well in that case, I also meet both criteria. I just bought a blue car. It'll be a week or so before I can bring it back to my place, but when the time comes, I'll post a pic of my green/blue combo here.

http://img697.imageshack.**/img697/5339/img2318j.jpg

http://img189.imageshack.**/img189/2476/img1864fw.jpg
WIN!

Just remembered about this. I too now care about the planet.

IMG_3532_001.JPG

When they come up with a green car I'll be all for it - the present 'solutions' are not actually green. As per QI you have a Toyota Land Cruiser and a dog which is the most damaging, and causes the most greenhouse gasses - the dog. Now greenies go away and fix that one.

So what exactly constitutes a green car nowadays? My car has spent on average 5.8L/100km since I bought it more than 2 years ago (49 UK mpg, 40.5 US mpg) and from the factory makes 149 carbon dioxides, although at the latest MOT, the exhaust fumes didn't show up at all under Euro 4, the sensor had to be bumped up to Euro 5 to even register. Dunno how much that tells you, but there it is.

Replied.

EDIT: For the record, my car is a green choice because it's small, fuel-efficient, has a relatively modern fuel-injected engine with catalyst, and because I didn't buy it new, it wasn't made for me and thus I don't have to bear the eco-blame of the car having to be imported here from Hiroshima.
This, well apart from my car being fuel-efficient.. Buying an already used vehicle, the eco-impact has been done.. From now on it is way ecofriendlier than a prius.

+ i participated too..

edit.. and the survey as it seems is 4 years old and still running.. how is the results getting along?

Last edited:
The RWB Pandora One is my favorite green car.

6795975046_c0c5e4fe66_z.jpg

Sadly, I heard it isn't very green anymore.

I keep telling you guys green cars are not the answer, we will just run out of fossil fuels more slowly, what we need to do is round up all the treehuggers, kill them and harvest the gasses from their rotting corpses, if we keep a few pairs around for breeding future generations (hippies LOVE to breed, in fact it's all they do) we can have an unlimited, cheap source of fuel and smoke belching V12's for everyone!

Last edited:
Best way to cut pollution is to make less cars, most of the pollution created per car over it's lifetime is made during it manufacture. Answer - Recycle. You may think somebody with a '68 Mustang is being environmentally unfriendly, but really he is helping by not buying a new car and running one that as surpassed it's average lifespan.

Green cars, fuck yeah! :cool:

Best way to cut pollution is to make less cars, most of the pollution created per car over it's lifetime is made during it manufacture. Answer - Recycle. You may think somebody with a '68 Mustang is being environmentally unfriendly, but really he is helping by not buying a new car and running one that as surpassed it's average lifespan.

Green cars, fuck yeah! :cool:

That's only if they run Cap.....which in your case seems to be about 10% of the time you have owned the damn thing :p