Ownership Verified: Growing up - Midnight Express - Audi A5 Coupé

I have been thinking about getting the same "laser" branded LED bar that Adrian has on the Tesla. It would hide behind the grille very nicely, wiring might be a bigger problem, though.

As long as there's an analog wire somewhere that goes live with +12V when you turn on the highbeams, you're set. All you need is a relay, or preferrably a "CAN bus compatible" €50 ish wiring kit that really only is a slightly fancier relay that draws so little current the car doesn't know you've tapped into it.

If your car is like mine and doesn't have said wire, you will need a little brain box that wiretaps the CAN bus to detect when the highbeams are switched on. It then outputs a 12V signal for the relay kit.

http://www.canm8.com/can-bus-interfaces/lighting-control-interfaces/canm8-highbeam.html
If you don't want to splice and physically wiretap the CAN bus, there's this thingamajig:
http://www.canm8.com/cannect-contactless-reader/canm8-cannect-contactless-reader.html

After you've figured out where to get the signal, just use the actual car battery as the power source for the relay kit and you're done.

Small update, 2 weeks ago the automatic headlight height adjustment spat out an error and the lights started pointing straight into the ground ala

2lv49m.jpg

Had it diagnosed, the fault came up with the front arm sensor. OEM importer wanted €140+tax for it, at the notion of which we all laughed (including the importer) and they were more than happy to provide me with the part number so I could find it somewhere else. Good news, ebay had a plethora of them with the most reliable seller offering one for €36 delivered. Bad news, it took 2 weeks to get here, but after 30 minutes on a lift, the faulty one is in the bin and the lights work again.

tenor.gif

Mitsubishi, being Japanese, wants €500 or so for the entire sensor assembly when the little drop link between the control arm and sensor snaps. OEM parts are ridiculous sometimes.

I seem to be spending money on the most inappropriate things, but having a steering wheel that both looks and feels brand new completely changes the feel of the car.

Plus, it was only €120, including alcantara and custom stitching. I probably wouldn't have specced it like that, but they had one already waiting so it was just a 15 minute swap job, no need to wait.
20200725160545.png