Ownership Verified: Growing up - Midnight Express - Audi A5 Coupé

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
As per my final post in the Saudi thread, here is the continuation of the story.

A stroke of luck, really. nicjasno and Tim already knew about my long standing desire to own an A5 coup? and while the Saudi was still being repaired, I was sent a car listing for one in Maribor by nicjasno. It was providence. Saudi was giving me all the signals our journey had come to an end and here was the car I've always wanted to have, wanting to be had. A 2007 in Deep Sea Blue with a 3.0 V6 TDI engine, quattro, bixenons and manual gearbox.

The next few days went by like a blur, but within a week I had arranged for a loan with the bank and we picked it up on 8th September. First stop was at a detailer for a thorough clean on the inside and a polish on the outside and then on the 13th I made the journey to Maribor by train for the last time.

Of course we did a small photoshoot in an abandoned industrial estate (as you do).

eNydQi3.jpg

zmKezFo.jpg

rfieNwM.jpg

3VmxwWi.jpg

QvH90X4.jpg

gLTYmsn.jpg

tkle5tH.jpg

yzky0o3.jpg

DbPieGw.jpg

^click for a surprise

And lastly, proof pic:

h3fsmQF.jpg

It does still need a bit of TLC, which it will receive over the course of the year, but as it stands, I'm grinning like an idiot every time I sit behind the wheel. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Ever since it first came out. I fell in love and vowed to have one one day.

gratz Man!

It grips as well as it goes in a straight line. I thought I had something with the A4, but this is on a whole new level. :burnrubber:

I am not a huge fan of Audis, but this one is too gorgeous to ignore. Congrats.
May it give you many miles of enjoyment.

Well, a colloquial term for a car is "wheels" and it is blue, so... yay?

Excellent, I've always thought this is the best looking Audi in decades (or actually ever).

So this is why you wanted those SD cards. :p

Unexpected, but I'm still not surprised. Congrats!

Congrats!

This is awesome! Love that you found one exactly like you wanted - first gen, big diesel, manual, and it even has some blue on it. I also think the blue looks much nicer than mine did in black. Have fun with it, as you say, this is a whole another level from the FWD A4!

As to the surprise, it's amazing how easily that cover comes off, isn't it? :p

Ice, you sure know how to take a good car picture - these look great! Granted, that might also be because the car does look fantastic - congratulations. Nicely specced, too. Can't wait to see more on this. While it is not an S5, the V6 over the I4 must be plenty of fun. :) Any planned mods?