GT:HD Screen Shots

o wow, graphics look amazing, absolutely amazing. Like the other guy said, the GT5 will need better smoke coming off of the tires.

Looks really really good, finally Ferrari's in GT. I don't really want a PS3 but this game alone may change that.

The sound is a load of rubbish still. The ferrari sounds nothing like a ferrari, every car sounds like a 4 cylinder unfortunately :(

They could use the same sound system, they just need to get better samples and change the sounds for the various mods.

Yeah I read they were adding damage along with all the new features too, should be pretty sweet. I'll wait to get a PS3 untill this comes out.

I have to say that is the most realistic looking game I have seen

and this is just a souped up gt4 graphics engine that we see here... ive heard there is an all new engine for gt5 (dont take my word from it, i heard it from a friend who is into game design and stuff, hes usually right about most things he tells me)

I dunno about this... there was such a hype leading up to GT4, and I spent a fair bit of money buying the game, the PS2, and the Logitech steering wheel, all on the day GT4 was released... in the end it really wasn?t worth it...

700 cars that all sound exactly the same (ok turbo cars sound different from NA cars), apparently very little research was done about them (don?t get me started on the minis, they screwed up every detail they posssibly could), and the most annoying thing was the races themselves, the only fun you can have is doing time trials trying to beat your own record over and over again...

so if I where to get GT5 i?d be looking at something like a thousand euros (playstation, game, G25 steering wheel) and I suspect that I would once again be disappointed once I got past drooling over the graphics...

I dunno about this... there was such a hype leading up to GT4, and I spent a fair bit of money buying the game, the PS2, and the Logitech steering wheel, all on the day GT4 was released... in the end it really wasn?t worth it...

700 cars that all sound exactly the same (ok turbo cars sound different from NA cars), apparently very little research was done about them (don?t get me started on the minis, they screwed up every detail they posssibly could), and the most annoying thing was the races themselves, the only fun you can have is doing time trials trying to beat your own record over and over again...
The cars do not all sound the same, the Minis are not off in every detail, and you can make yourself quite a nice challenge as well. I do understand that you might have been disappointed by GT4, but that doesn't mean that is all wrong.

I agree with interceptor, it wasnt all wrong, but it wasnt perfect either. If there is one thing the game lacks in, i would agree that it is the sound, but that is just about it. Also, im a lazy gamer and tend to not play with a wheel, i'd rather just drive my real car round a track then.

The cars do not all sound the same, the Minis are not off in every detail, and you can make yourself quite a nice challenge as well. I do understand that you might have been disappointed by GT4, but that doesn't mean that is all wrong.

ok so not ALL of them sound the same, a few selected cars like the ford gt apparently deserved special treatment... but the minis for example sound NOTHING like the real thing, and as far as tuning possiblities go they were also VERY badly researched...

don?t get me wrong, I still like playing the game every once in a while, and up until about 50% game progress I actually had a lot of fun with it... but after that it just gets sort of dull...

I agree with interceptor, it wasnt all wrong, but it wasnt perfect either. If there is one thing the game lacks in, i would agree that it is the sound, but that is just about it. Also, im a lazy gamer and tend to not play with a wheel, i'd rather just drive my real car round a track then.
of course I?d rather take my real car on a real track... which is precisely why I?d rather spend a thousand euros on tires, fuel, and trackday fees, than on the next gran turismo..

hehe, but whats wrong with pretending to galavant around the nurburgring in a car i probably wont get anytime soon in my life, with a controller, just for fun?

point being you dont HAAAVE to spend a grand to just have some fun. And its not like GT is the only game youre gonna get the console for right...

yay ferarri finally made it to GT....now to cross your fingers for lambo and porsche *hopes*

hehe, but whats wrong with pretending to galavant around the nurburgring in a car i probably wont get anytime soon in my life, with a controller, just for fun?
thats true, and the main reason I am even posting in this thread... GT4 is also a great way to roughly learn your way around the Nordschleife, it won?t make the track easier to master, but at least you?ll know if the next corner goes to the right or left

point being you dont HAAAVE to spend a grand to just have some fun. And its not like GT is the only game youre gonna get the console for right...

actually for the PS2 the only other game I own is WRC4...

now, WRC 4 was a hell of a fun game :D. It had really good graphics for the system it was on imo, and i can't wait to see what happens with the PS3 version.

Yeah, come to think of it, sometimes there is always that 1 game that makes you want to buy a whole console just for it... i see what you mean. I would get an Xbox360 for Gears of War

I'll buy the PS3 just for it when it will be out, as I did for GT4 (not a bad investment for the hours I am playing with).

ok so not ALL of them sound the same, a few selected cars like the ford gt apparently deserved special treatment.

Could the reason for the special treatment be Kazunori Yamauchi (the creator) owns a Ford GT, like the one on the front cover :rolleyes:

You can't run over those people? It just looks so tempting :devil:

I was 3rd in miata drifting a while ago. but i dont have the ps3 so I cant play again and go up the score board. idk what rank i am now

funnnn...it really feels like drifting my real miata, its crazy nice

They should get the people from Pixar's Cars to do the ound THEY did a pretty good job

hell yeah... I think the sounds is what I liked about that movie more than anything else... that and the voices of Niki Lauda, Michael Schumacher, and Mika H?kkinen in the german version :D