Ownership Verified: gt1750's Alfa 156 V6

So, we made it to the Ringmeet and back :) Added more kms to the odo in the last 6 days than it the previous 4 months of ownership :lol:

Sadly, I didn't get to drive the car on the Nordschleife, because until Saturday, the track was wet and on Sunday it was closed due to a massive accident :(

At least I got to drive it on the beautiful Eifel roads and even let a few FGers behind the wheel.

Some of my cellphone pictures (with a certain car that still awaits its PYC thread):

mZw4ykG.jpg

MSsP7I3.jpg

pgZt8eC.jpg

A shot by MacGuffin:

36589660935_83991449a0_b.jpg

And packed up for departure, incl. stuff of 2 Finns:

XEIin1L.jpg

Made it home frome Cologne on a single tank with an almost exact average of 10l/100km. Not bad :)

It's interesting to see the similarities between the 156 and the Giulia. Both lovely designs. :thumbsup:

Thanks again for the chance behind the wheel!

This was my first Alfa experience and now I'm looking at 916 Spiders and GTVs on mobile.de :lol:

Your's is a great example of a classy Alfa with a tone (color and sound) to match. Such a fun car, definitely a driver's car, FWD be damned.

Hope to see it again at a future Ring Meet :)

Thanks again for the chance behind the wheel!

This was my first Alfa experience and now I'm looking at 916 Spiders and GTVs on mobile.de :lol:

Your's is a great example of a classy Alfa with a tone (color and sound) to match. Such a fun car, definitely a driver's car, FWD be damned.

Hope to see it again at a future Ring Meet :)

I never drove a 156, but the wagon is much better to drive than it might seem for a "family car". The turbo makes all the right noises, the Brembo brakes are fierce and the gearbox is slick.

Long time no update, but after just 18 months of ownership and two Ringmeets, the V6 needs to go. The family situation has changed a bit and we need less thirsty car for everyday use.

Link to the ad: mobile.de (you might fail to see the ad if you happen to be a robot)

I there's anyone even remotely interested in buying the car, please let me know via PM. Trying to sell it has only made me depressed so far - there's little real interest and I don't really want to sell the thing in the first place :(

Der Stig;n3554146 said:
Sad to see :(

Hopefully being replaced by another Alfa?

No, definitely no Alfa, maybe not even Italian. Just some commuter box, whatever that happens to be not far away, not too beaten, for a decent price.

I see a Golf in your future.... :D

Forgot to update: Sold the 156 last week, she's going back to CZ. Purchased by a guy who hates modern cars despite working in the industry for more than 30 years and who's never owned an Alfa Romeo before, but wanted one because of the V6 engine.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/6yUuwtv.jpg"}[/IMG2]

She'll be missed :( At least it seems she went to a good home...