• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

GT4: BMW M3 CSL

flyingfridge

Car(s)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, VW Passat 118TSI
Right, N?rburgring laptimes have been done to death, but what about car laptimes?

The BMW M3 CSL is a favourite around this forum and well, everywhere, really, so it was a very very easy choice. No mods are allowed, not even tyres. Tuning and Aids are free, no parts changing or upgrading. Choose your track and go for broke. Any laptimes submitted on the N?rburgring will also be updated over on the N?rburgring time sheet. http://forum.finalgear.com/viewtopic.php?t=7185&highlight=

Do your laps in GT mode, and PM me your laptimes and I'll update this top post with the times. I'll try to keep it as up to date as I possibly can. Be sure to mention your controller type and driving aids.

Feel free to post your times here, but make sure I know about it so it gets on the board!!

The rules are simple:
- Laps must be done in GT mode, Free Run. No other cars on the track so slipstreaming can't muddy our times.
- If all four wheels of your car go off the track, that lap doesn't count.
- If you hit something, the lap doesn't count.

As the rules aren't really enforcable, I'm relying on your honesty to keep this board clean. This is a benchmark for us fans to measure ourselves against other FinalGear GTers. If you want to be an idiot, go and flaunt the size of your e-penis somewhere else.

Excellent, so the groundwork is in place, here's the board:

N?rburgring

skyline, 7'20.072, DS2, Aids Off
vRS, 7'21.912, DS2, Aids Off
fbc, 7'24.604, DS2, Aids Off
flyingfridge, 7'31.244, DFP, Aids Off
ARH twilightblue, 7'35.155, DFP, Aids Off
VWKafer, 7'48.059, DS2, Aids Off

Circuit De La Sarthe I (Chicanes)

skyline, 4'27.369, DS2, Aids Off
mautzel, 4'33.886, DS2, Aids Off
VWKafer, 4'37.452, DS2, Aids Off
YF19pilot, 4'39.690, DS2, Aids Off
flyingfridge, 4'42.707, DFP, Aids Off

Circuit De La Sarthe II (The real Mulsanne Straight)

skyline, 4'03.056, DS2, Aids Off
flightvector, 4'08.478, DS2, Aids Off
mautzel, 4'08.824, DS2, Aids Off
VWKafer, 4'13.024, DS2, Aids Off
YF19pilot, 4'15.172, DS2, Aids Off

Disqualified for cutting corners, time will remain here until driver has a chance to defend claim vRS, 3'49.303, DS2, Aids Off

Tsukuba

skyline, 0'58.133, DS2, Aids Off
ARH twilightblue, 0'59.561, DFP, Aids Off
flightvector, 0'59.866, DS2, Aids Off
flyingfridge, 0'59.942, DFP, Aids Off
p0w3r, 1'00.192, DS2, Aids Off
Z Draci, 1'00.681, DS2, Aids Off
Renesis, 1'01.145, DFP, Aids Off
YF19pilot, 1'01.146, DS2, Aids Off
Overheat, 1'01.266, DS1 (!), Aids Off
VWKafer, 1'01.736, DS2, Aids Off

Cote 'd Azure (Monaco GP) *Remember Hitting Walls Disqualifies the Lap*

skyline, 1'44.585, DS2, Aids Off
flyingfridge, 1'45.800, DFP, Aids Off
YF19pilot, 1'47.532, DS2, Aids Off

Citta di Aria *Remember Hitting Walls Disqualifies the Lap* Be sure to have a go at this one. It's an absolute hoot!!

skyline, 1'36.924, DS2, Aids Off
flyingfridge, 1'37.582, DFP, Aids Off
YF19pilot, 1'43.563, DS2, Aids Off

Fuji 2005 (non GT)

skyline, 1'51.711, DS2, Aids Off
p0w3r, 1'52.185, DS2, Aids Off
flightvector, 1'52.388, DS2, Aids Off
Renesis, 1'52.936, DFP, Aids Off

Motegi Road Course

skyline, 2'06.501, DFP, Aids Off
flyingfridge, 2'07.355, DFP, Aids Off

Laguna Seca

skyline, 1'33.684, DS2, Aids Off
flightvector, 1'33.858, DS2, Aids Off
mautzel, 4'35.342, DS2, Aids Off
Renesis, 1'35.395, DFP, Aids Off
flyingfridge, 1'36.759, DFP, Aids Off

Infineon Raceway Stock Car Course

skyline, 1'18.860, DS2, Aids Off
flightvector, 1'20.426, DS2, Aids Off
YF19pilot, 1'23.056, DS2, Aids Off

Infineon Raceway Sports Car Course

skyline, 1'40.849, DS2, Aids Off
flightvector, 1'41.526, DS2, Aids Off
YF19pilot, 1'43.828, DS2, Aids Off

The controller abbevs are DS2: Dual Shock 2, DFP: Driving Force Pro, LCA: Logitech Cordless Action

Good luck, enjoy the drive!!

Just to clarify the 'No mods rule' - We can tune things like the TC etc (i.e turn the bastard thing off) in the Setup screen?

Ok, yep that needs to be clearer. Tuning and aids are free. When I say no mods, no part changing or tyre swapping or weight reduction etc. Tune the car as you please, just don't change parts.

Edited into 1st post.

^ Good idea about posting controller / wheel used (I'm stuck using the standard dual-shock :()

Read the 1st post!!

I'll try to keep it as up to date as I possibly can. Be sure to mention your controller type and driving aids.

No mods are allowed, not even tyres.

SL65, I'll add your time, just what tyres did u use, and what controller?

I used the Logitech Cordless Action Controler. I will never return to normal Dual Shock now that I have this :mrgreen:
131507.jpg

I used the Standard/Road tires I recommended earlier. Those are said to be the most realistic to use in the game..

Ok, I've just gone for a lap of the 'ring, it was a bit rough but it gets us off to a start. I've put your time up SL65 and stated it's on the harder tyres. We're going with the standard M3 CSL SM/SM tyres.

C'mon, get cracking!! Surely someone can beat these times!!

I'll do a huge ring' session this weekend if I get the time, See if I can hack a few seconds off my rubbish time, that was a crappy lap!

Overheat said:
I've discovered Forza - there's no time for GT now

*sigh* I really don't see what people see in Forza. It's lame. It doesn't have anywhere near as good a handling model as GT4. Fair enough, the AI is better, but that's all. Not even the massive (in comparison) processing power of the XBox can make it look better, the final important nail, is no support for a realistic racing wheel (the only one in existence is the logitech dfp).

VWKafer said:
I'll do a huge ring' session this weekend if I get the time, See if I can hack a few seconds off my rubbish time, that was a crappy lap!

Sweet as, Go Kafer, it's time to heat this battle up a bit!!

Oh man, after virtual-driving the CSL I want one soooo bad... It actually seems easier to drive the car on the standard SM tyres - I'm suprised, they're a lot more progressive than racing slicks

flyingfridge said:
Overheat said:
I've discovered Forza - there's no time for GT now

*sigh* I really don't see what people see in Forza. It's lame. It doesn't have anywhere near as good a handling model as GT4. Fair enough, the AI is better, but that's all. Not even the massive (in comparison) processing power of the XBox can make it look better, the final important nail, is no support for a realistic racing wheel (the only one in existence is the logitech dfp).

I know the graphics aren't as good, I know the physics aren't as real - but the gameplay elements simply kick the GT series to the ground. I was completely shocked when I started playing as I've had every Gran Turismo since the original was released in Japan, and I couldn't see it being bettered, but every single Gran Turismo game has had a major flaw imo (take GT2's garage deleting flaw - how the hell did QA miss that!). And Forza doesn't - it has several minors, but no major.

fbc said:
Oh man, after virtual-driving the CSL I want one soooo bad... It actually seems easier to drive the car on the standard SM tyres - I'm suprised, they're a lot more progressive than racing slicks

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean!! And it's soooo much better than the standard M3 too!

http://img48.imageshack.**/img48/1624/p10100011uy.jpg

This was with the normal DS2 controller and no aids. The car was "as-is" when I first got it.
No matter what I did after this lap, I couldn't find any more time!
Maybe somebody can better me on this one because I'm stumped.

Sweet, we're starting to get some good times rolling in now!! Keep it up! That lap of the 'ring of vRS's is going to be a tough one to beat!!