GT4 - Fastest around N?rburgring

Equipping the M5 with Standard-Road tires and going round the 'Ring is one of the sweetest expiriences I have with my DFP. Get rid of those sports tires and let the monster get a bit tailhappy ;)

the most fun car to drive on the ring is the Lancia Stratos. leave the sports tires on, and just turn off the aids. you can add the racing suspension, but the normal copes just fine. power modifications and lightening is not really recommended. the steering is ULTRA PRECISE, so its really really easy to lose control if you max it out, plus you get air every time you run over a bug

Can we post times from the GT Legends Nordschliefe now that the game and the unofficial track is out?

Or would a separate thread be necessary for that?

It's very nice to realize that Nurburgring is a loved track. I just can't get enough of it.With 90% game completion, I put GT4 on just to lap around on nurburgring. The kerbs, the reaction of the car, the "going sideways" simply makes my day.but i must admit that the NSX-R around nurburgring is the cherry on the cake.What a goddam good car!

I think that we could organize a nurburgring lap competition, every week a new car, race in arcade mode(time trial), only allowing selection of tires and TCS on/off, cause if we start tweaking the cars, IMO, we losse realism and give space for a "best tuner" instead of "best driver" cup.

there was something like this going - not sure what happened to it - I'd be up for it, any excuse to play GT4 again! :)

I've just completed (and won naturally) the F1 race around the 'ring - now that is an adventure, and not necessarily a pleasant one...

fbc said:
I've just completed (and won naturally) the F1 race around the 'ring - now that is an adventure, and not necessarily a pleasant one...

Come on, you know you loved it. :evil:

here's my gt4 powerboard 'round the 'ring:

1. toyota minolta racecar - 5'12.023
2. formula gran turismo - 5'18.521
3. chevy corvette c6 - 6'04.126

http://img280.imageshack.**/img280/6416/img37625ym.th.jpg

VMLN8R said:
Anyone lapped the ring in a DB9? With sport tyres and no mods, I did a 7:45 or something
fully modded, i did it in 6:24 or 6:25. its one of the easiest cars to drive in the game when modded

Another thread dragged up from the dead!!!

I managed 6min53.839 in the NSX-R concept '01 that was with an off. I would guess I could pull another 5 seconds out of it maybe. If that Sebastian guy did a 6min40 dead he wins, I don't think I can get 14 seconds out of it.

As for overall best time mine is 5:06.800 in the Nissan RC92P.

I think there should be a new Nurburgring challenge...

Car: 200hp or less.
Modifications: Only engine mods to get upto the limit if needed.
Tyres: Sports Soft.
No Driving Aids.
Gran Turismo Mode.

Time: 8:40.866 Car: BMW 1 Series Diesel, 200hp.

So no mods at all apart from engine if the car needs to be brought up to 200bhp? I will give this a bash.

I might give this one a crack too. As good a reason as i need to break out GT4 again.

Man, I haven't played this in like... years. :lol:

Time to break it out I guess...

I think there should be a new Nurburgring challenge...

Car: 200hp or less.
Modifications: Only engine mods to get upto the limit if needed.
Tyres: Sports Soft.
No Driving Aids.
Gran Turismo Mode.

Time: 8:40.866 Car: BMW 1 Series Diesel, 200hp.

Might give it a go once I sober up. I have some interesting ideas for the choice of car.

Edit: Would the chassis refreshing thing be considered as a mod?

Hey just to confirm it is 200 HP .... not BHP or PS or anything else?