• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

GT4: mission 34 anyone?

freerider

Does anyone completed mission 34?
I read on several forums, that this is very hard. They're even people who needed an entire weekend for this. So I tried it too. At first things weren't going very good. So I bought the SLR and did a couple of runs round the nordschleife witout any driving aids (as usual). Then I tried a couple of times in the mission. The first couple of (second, after I bougt the slr) tries, I nearly made it. Always hitting the first car, gettng penalty and going of the track. So I mostly lost within 1 second. That was really frustrating.
But then I triend for the last time (this is what I said to myself, and I was serious) AND I MADE IT. I think I did it within 20 tries. But never, am I going to do this mission again.
Just want to know who else got it and how difficult it was for you.

Here's my proof:

Mission Hall:

Right before finish (very nervwrecking):

Finish:

Greetz Johan

yeah, this one was for professional GT players

I tried about 20 times too
and this mission is quite long: 10 minutes ( with 2 for waiting only )

pretty hard one

as the 24 hours races, the last GT is really the most difficult of all times ...

How about the GTR mission when you draft behind those other cars....
How long do you stay behind the other GTRs to get in front of the final car? i'm having trouble with it and don't like going in circles :p

just follow them as much as you can
and try not to loose too much speed in those long corners.

Didn't remenber this one, had to search...

the one with the old toyota is a bit difficult too.

joemoefro said:
How about the GTR mission when you draft behind those other cars....
How long do you stay behind the other GTRs to get in front of the final car? i'm having trouble with it and don't like going in circles :p

Quite easy actually. Just draft as much as you can. Just before or in the beginning of the first corner you will pass them. When you pass them, just look in your rear view mirror to make sure they're drafting from you(very important). They will pass you again. Let a couple of them pass you and do the bunny hop again. Keep doing this and in the last round you will be able to draft from the first one.
Whatever you do, don't get in the way of the other GTR when they're trying to pass you (the AI isn't what's it supposed to be) and NEVER go off the throttle. And don't use 6th gear. That's about it. Don't expect to win the first try now, bc, you need a little bit of luck here (stupid AI).

Edit: forgot something. When you steer, do this very gently, so you don't loose too much speed (when you're in a corner try to go down, and go slowly back up, so you right at the end of the turn). But this is less important then making the other cars draft from you. Don't be scared that they're far behind. They will make it.

Greetz Johan

I have done mission 34...took me like 3goes but thats probly cos I have driven around the Ring soo many times and I like the SLR so much.

should this be hard, the SLR is a lot faster and handles better the 300SL

bartboy9891 said:

From what I understood, you start way behind the 300SL...

bihus said:
bartboy9891 said:

From what I understood, you start way behind the 300SL...

Jep. The counter starts at 120 sec and the first (300SL) starts at 115 sec. After a while the next car starts, and the next,.... At the end, you're 115 seconds behind. Don't underestimate this mission. It's not as easy as most people think. A lot of people have to "cheat" (cutting corners) to acclompish this.

Greetz Johan

The purpose of this one mission is to sort of "rendezvous" of the huge back straight it usually happens with the 300SL at about the last freaking corner of this 20mile track! :unsure:

Took me quite a few goes to get this one too, but eventually did it - that was a month or so back. But I had another shot at it recently as a mate was having trouble with it - and I won by 8.5 secs :D :D . And I reckon there's at least another five seconds that came be taken off my time

Up to 64% completion, and this mission is probably the hardest thing I've faced in the game - but what an awesome challenge it is