GT4/PS2 questions

Censport

Car(s)
Xterra, '63 Corvair, '06 Yamaha FZ6
I've seen people post their GT4 videos on YouTube and was wondering: How did they do that? Does anyone know how to retrieve the videos from the PS2 game card?

Also, can the card be edited? I've seen GT4 game cards offered on ebay with all the cars unlocked. How is that done?

Dexdrive to hook it up to your computer, I honestly don't know what to do from there but I'm sure the savegames have been hacked to bits.

As for Youtube videos, I think it's more likely that the videos are captured externally, either through a capture card plugged into a computer or a DVR/DVD recorder.

There's a few ways you can do it.

One is to buy a capture card and run the PS2 directly into your computer and play it in a mini-app on your PC monitor. Guaranteed to look like shit!

Or you can play it on your TV, and buy a splitter box with multiple outs. Plug a second out into the capture card and away you go.

Or you can pass it though like a VCR/DVD/HDD recorder and play it on TV while recording it. There's no direct way to generate a video file from ther PS2 however.

Also, there are loads of fully-played or cracked/altered game saves available for download. Using a software that accesses the Memory Card such as Maxdrive, you can easily put one of those saves on your PS2 and use it to play.