GT4 question

Never tried that - you probably won't be interested, but if you have a weakness for simple solutions, record the sequence on VHS, then get a Video converter (box thingy that transforms video signals into data that can be read by your USB port), fiddle around with the bloody initial software for hours and then try to record the stuff without the whole system crashing for more than three times which obviously would make you start all over again everytime it crashes.

Not that I have any experiences of that sort...

No, you can't do that, because the replay file is only a bunch of instructions that tells the car what to do and when to do it. The be able to watch it, you need all the track and car graphics, physics engine, sounds and so on, and that is to be found on the GT4 disc only.

Regards
the Interceptor

Well, the video you want to have would actually need to be rendered (which takes time), and would be hundreds of megabytes in size. You know that, right?

Some PC games offer that function... World Racing 1 did with an unsupported plugin...

A forum member (sorry, forgot who it was...) had his PS2 hooked up to a DVD Recorder and converted it...

Just use a video capture card to capture the replay.

Buba said:
Some PC games offer that function... World Racing 1 did with an unsupported plugin...

A forum member (sorry, forgot who it was...) had his PS2 hooked up to a DVD Recorder and converted it...
I just hooked my PS2 to my VCR through an AV/Scart lead. I could record replays and the action in real time. I assume, therefore, that you could do the same with a DVD recorder or HDD recorder.