• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

GT4 vs LFS

GT4 vs LFS

• gt4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • lfs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jasonchiu

Forum Addict
fo sho i say gt4. lfs is not even real and all u guys keep going on about the settings. the settigns aint even acurate. for all i know. they made the factors of the settings to their perspective, they didnt even use a real car to do these calculations. on the other hand gt4 used real cars and the settings are much more near to 1:1 than lfs.

graphics, there is no need for writing. lfs graphics are a disgrace to graphc designers.

GT4 w00t!

andy thinks lfs is more real that gt4. i shit on him

GT4 here and I actually prefer it's physics too.

but with S2, the damage is much more realistic in terms of driving position, characteristics of a RWD, FWD car, plus in LFS, people actually race as if its real track racing and not demolition derby... however you can't argue with the graphics though, GT4's is just amazing

Yeah, I know the physics are way more realisitic, but I still find GT4 more fun.

u can feel the charecteristasfoshofhoasdhoas of the car FWD 4WD when u turn off TCS and whatever the other one is in gt4 as well u know. and its alot more accurate as its calculted from a real version of it

^what, and you think LFS isn't, although they probably don't have as much funding as GT4, I bet they have done some testing with real RWD and FWD cars as well to see how it handles

FF the devlopers mums shopping car. RWD a vw bettle

if it was that great why hasnt anyone invested in it?!

GT4: it has way more cars and they're real licensed vehicles. Plus the handling just feels better. I also like the indicator that shows you what gear you should be in when approaching corners. There's just so much more to do as far as events and that type of thing.

LFS, I only played GT3 but I like LFS because we can play online and we all have different setups.

This is the first game where I don't really care about the graphics...

And it's no comparisson, GT4 has a Gazillion Dollars to spend and LFS (3 guys) only have a very very limited amount of money and time.

I think LFS > GT4 when you look at how good they made LFS with only 3 people.

Jostyrostelli said:
And it's no comparisson, GT4 has a Gazillion Dollars to spend and LFS (3 guys) only have a very very limited amount of money and time.

I think LFS > GT4 when you look at how good they made LFS with only 3 people.

Very good point. I bet if they had more cash and more people, it would be more able to bump down GT4.

And I love the fact that lfs is so cheap. I'm still only have the demo though...

I'd have to go with Gran Turismo just because I've been playing that series since the original.

andyhui01 said:
plus in LFS, people actually race as if its real track racing and not demolition derby.

I'd call bullshit on this one because it really depends on who you're playing with. Granted most console gamers aren't exactly car enthusiasts anyways (and thus never learn to truely drive), but I've come across jackasses on LFS as well. Though in GT4 its always fun when you out run someone driving an obviously faster car that's driving like an idiot.

^Sure if you go to the demoserver you won't see professional racers, don't know if you have S1, but the most people there are serious and good racers.

Jostyrostelli said:
^Give me a call if you want to race with us on Saturday with S2 demo. :)

I wish I could man. My ping times suck too bad on satellite. Maybe some time when I have my laptop at the library though :) However, I may poossibly be moving into town and that would solve the problem completely...

ok, first of all you are comparing a game that cost sth like 15-20euros, with a game that costs 5times as much.

this thread itself shows that LFS is quite an achievement since people are comparing it with a game that's been developed by a crew of much more then 3 members, and that has a budget thats a bit more than the lfs guys have.

i havent played gt4, i just looked at several videos. you dont need to be a pro, to tell that LFS is more realisitic in terms of physics. just look at how the car corners in gt4, it is far away from reality imo.

lfs doesnt have real cars. sooooo? what difference does it make when u are in a race? all you see is the steering wheel, bonnet and the mirrors. nothing more nothing less. so when you are racing, what does it matter if you have a badge at the front of the car sayin bmw, toyota or whatever?

ok, gt4 has all thos fancy picturetaking things etc, but for me thats not what im looking in a racing simulator. i want the car to behave as close to reallity, and that is way more important then the exterior package and badge ;)

talking about reallity, S2 has quite some improvements and new features :)

LFS >>>>>>> GT4

[edit] forgot to say one thing. how can someone honestly believe/expect that GT4 is sooo damn realisitc. GT4 has a few hundred cars. i dont really think they have done such an extensive testing of each single piece of car there's in the game...

jeffy777 said:
Jostyrostelli said:
^Give me a call if you want to race with us on Saturday with S2 demo. :)

I wish I could man. My ping times suck too bad on satellite. Maybe some time when I have my laptop at the library though :) However, I may poossibly be moving into town and that would solve the problem completely...

Excuse me for my ignorance, but you don't have to host, we host, is thats still a problem with ping then?

You could try to log on some time, I could host a game for you and you can test if it's race-able..

If so, pm me if you like :)

Did anyone see the GT4 developer's studio on X-Play? It's crazy, the guy in charge said that half of the people actually live at their desk. They have little beds under the desks and curtains so that they can have quiet. :shock: