GT5 for PC?!

Unless Sony is abondoning the PS3 platform, I don't think this will happen. PC haven't never gotten any really good racing games (note, I'm not talking about racing sims). If this do get released on the PC though, I would gladly get another HD4850 to play it.

Remind me please, which are those PC exclusive titles that are worthy of mentioning? The only two companies that make somewhat PC exclusives are Blizzard and id Software, and although their games are very nice, they are just drops of water in the sea of garbage that most PC games are in the moment.

And please don't list all those MMORPGs, I'm talking about the good old action, adventure and racing games

(This is the opinion of a long-time PC supporter and console hater, but even I have surrendered and am willing to acknowledge that the consoles have won the battle.)

Egoshooters make no sense on a console, since they're much better operated by a mouse and a keyboard. Same goes for strategy games like C&C. And for racing, try the serious simulations like LFS and GTR. Sorry, I don't see no battle won. I am aware that there are a lot of good games for consoles nowadays, but Gran Turismo and Guitar Hero aside, I don't see any reason why I would prefer to play any game on my PS3 rather than my gaming PC.

Well i'd love to see GT5 on PC, graphics wise i saw the GT5 Concept on PS3 and it doesn't look any better than Racedriver GRID or even older racing games, it's quite mediocre (like FF13) so, given decent optimizing it will run just fine.

Exclusive games wise over the past 2 years it looks like all the big titles are released on all 3 platforms (xbox, ps, pc).

Remind me please, which are those PC exclusive titles that are worthy of mentioning? The only two companies that make somewhat PC exclusives are Blizzard and id Software, and although their games are very nice, they are just drops of water in the sea of garbage that most PC games are in the moment.

And please don't list all those MMORPGs, I'm talking about the good old action, adventure and racing games

(This is the opinion of a long-time PC supporter and console hater, but even I have surrendered and am willing to acknowledge that the consoles have won the battle.)

Console games have come along way since the incredible growth in portable computing power in the recent years and since consoles are relatively much harder to pirate games for and easier to learn to play (no installation required, just learn the buttons on a controller) by the avg Joe Cool it is natural that there are more titles for the console than the PC. And while there are still a few big name platform exclusive titles out there, alot of games are cross-platform these days.

I'm not sure if this is the "end of the PC gaming" unless you view it purely from the perspective of "PC platform exclusive gaming." Then in that sense yes PC is dying out, just as many titles are crossing more platforms. While there are still platform-exclusive titles out many of the most popular and well received games are multi-platform: (note the following off-the-o-the-head list also contains well-received popular PC-only games as well)

Half Life 2, L4D, Bioshock, Crysis, GRID, Bioshock, Oblivion, Fallout 3, C&C, Civilization IV, Assassins Creed, MMORPGs (here's a genre that has been dominated by PCs but i guess they don't count cause they aint "good ol action adventure games"), Microsoft Flight Simulator, STALKER, FEAR, CoD4/5, FarCry1/2, Mass Effect, Dungeon Siege II, Company of Heroes, Tom Clancy Splinter Cell, etc.

Oh and if you want to get technical about it...xbox is released by microsoft and was the first console to feature built-in harddrive....hmmm sounds alot like another platform we know and still love: the PC. What are consoles (they have a CPU, GPU, hard drive space, memory, only u need to buy a very nice monitor) except un-upgradeable PCs with controllers instead of mouse and keyboard and big monitors? The only true unique console out there today is the Wii because it breaks away form the traditional horsepower-war in that it has an absolutely POS graphics and CPU compared to the other 3 platforms and yet it is pwning in terms of sales.

The PS3 and the Xbox (with the exception of the Wii) are becoming more and more like PCs than anything else (they have hardware very similar to PCs and for PS3 u can install Ubuntu and someone has made an xbox laptop).

Last edited:
graphics wise i saw the GT5 Concept on PS3 and it doesn't look any better than Racedriver GRID or even older racing games, it's quite mediocre (like FF13) so, given decent optimizing it will run just fine.
Sorry, that's BS. GT5 Prologue looks fantastically real.

Sorry, that's BS. GT5 Prologue looks fantastically real.

Yeah i dunno where you got that, there is no anti-aliasing in the game, the outlines look bad... like there's no AA, the grass especially on race tracks looks very wierd like it's planted in heaps, and the backgrounds, although they are very beautiful there's completely no sense of distance i.e. bad fading and overall vieweing distance is sometimes unnatural, further more i noticed it can't quite cope with processing many background objects (like grass, spectators. ads, stands) simultaniously so from time to time you pull away from the pits and they fade to a blocky unrealistic shape (happens to many objects).

It looks great, for sure one of the best racing games that's about to get released, but sadly limited by PS3 hardware which is already too old.

Please don't accuse me of picking on the great game, these are the most common racing games faults, they are almost everywhere so one doesn't need an eagle eye to notice them. I don't really care about any of these faults, it's shaping up to be a great game, like every other GT was before so i am waiting for a PC announcement, if they do i will buy the hardware needed to run it at 100%.

Last edited:
Yeah i dunno where you got that, there is no anti-aliasing in the game, the outlines look bad... like there's no AA, the grass especially on race tracks looks very wierd like it's planted in heaps, and the backgrounds, although they are very beautiful there's completely no sense of distance i.e. bad fading and overall vieweing distance is sometimes unnatural, further more i noticed it can't quite cope with processing many background objects (like grass, spectators. ads, stands) simultaniously so from time to time you pull away from the pits and they fade to a blocky unrealistic shape (happens to many objects).

It looks great, for sure one of the best racing games that's about to get released, but sadly limited by PS3 hardware which is already too old.

Please don't accuse me of picking on the great game, these are the most common racing games faults, they are almost everywhere so one doesn't need an eagle eye to notice them. I don't really care about any of these faults, it's shaping up to be a great game, like every other GT was before so i am waiting for a PC announcement, if they do i will buy the hardware needed to run it at 100%.

Yup.

An enthusiast PC will take GT5 graphics to the level that it deserves.

I sure don't. It's just that despite all its faults in detail, I have not come across any game as of yet that overall looks more realistic than GT5 Prologue.

Besides that, I highly doubt that we'll see it on the PC.

Well I don't think it's going to happen, but if it does, I'm willing to buy an i7 chip and 4890 just to max GT5 out on PC.

Computer: $5060
New Set of trousers(when i hear the official announcement): $30
Steering wheel+seat+pedals+stick-shift: $300?

Playng GT5 on a comp: DAMN EXPENSIVE priceless

oh, and i also bought a PS2 Just to play GT4

this is EXACTLY why people are choosing consoles over PCs

Also, if you're playing on the PC, you're generally playing alone (net play not withstanding, but it's a different thing playing some unknown dude in Australia or your best friend)... and as I have realised, ANY game is betterer/more funner when played with 2 people... even Pong is still cool.

Another thing I never quite got : yes, superleet graphics are cool in itself, but graphics alone do not make a good game. If they ever do make a GT5 for the PC, and I am stupid enough to shell out 5k for a new PC, that's no guarantee that it will play well. It just means it'll look good on replay mode...

Excellent graphics =! excellent game.

GT5 was the unique selling point for a PS3, and as it's getting it's ass kicked by pretty much every other console, they won't want to lose GT5

It's the only reason I bought a PS3 instead of a 360 (as GTA4 is on both). Well, and that I could play online for free, but that was a minor reason.

Ummm......$5000 PC to play GT5? I highly doubt it. 2-year old Crysis will bring most gaming PCs to their knees long before GT5 will even break a sweat...if ever.

NooDle said:
Also, if you're playing on the PC, you're generally playing alone (net play not withstanding, but it's a different thing playing some unknown dude in Australia or your best friend)... and as I have realised, ANY game is betterer/more funner when played with 2 people... even Pong is still cool.

True. PC is less socially-oriented than consoles, where u can easily plug in 3 more controllers and have at it. But sometimes you just want to be alone and immerse yourself into whatever game you are playing console or PC. And yes it is very true that being with your friends/family can significantly increase a game's fun factor but that is only because of the social factor not because the game magically and intrinsically improved itself.

NooDle said:
Another thing I never quite got : yes, superleet graphics are cool in itself, but graphics alone do not make a good game. If they ever do make a GT5 for the PC, and I am stupid enough to shell out 5k for a new PC, that's no guarantee that it will play well. It just means it'll look good on replay mode...

Excellent graphics =! excellent game.

No one is arguing that better graphics alone makes one game superior than another. Graphics is but one of many variables in the consideration. It is very true that a 100FPS super-hi quality rendering of turds swirling down the toilet is still just a bunch of turds going down the toilet.

But you know what the biggest noticeable improvements that the 360 and the PS3 had over their predecessors? Yup their vastly improved graphics rendering. So I'm not sure why you seem to be using this as a point of argument against super expensive PCs (which is very unlikely to be needed for GT5 anyways) because regardless of the platform (with the exception of the Wii) graphics in gaming have become better and better. And if a person thinks they need to buy a $5000 PC (self-built, alienware, ibuypower, etc.) to have great graphics at great FPS then they are sorely mistaken.

Last edited: