GT5: Would you pay more for Lambo, Ferrari etc. ?

GT5: Would you pay more for Lambo, Ferrari etc. ?

• I'm a bit of a wanker and don't like the GT-series, so i don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

M3lover

Car(s)
S204 Mercedes-Benz C200 CDI BE T
Something that has really been bothering me is that Gt4 is missing most of the big exotic names with lots of heritage (Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, Masserati etc.). I know the big names demand way more for PD to use their names (It was said that Ferrari wanted as much as all the other car makers in the game put together!), but honestly i wouldn't really care if GT5 would cost maybe 20 % more, if i could then have all the awesome cars there is now missing. Just think of the races that could be held like Lambo vs. Ferrari, and all the historic cars.

Don't know how much it would really cost more, but let's just say 20 %

A 1972 Porsche 911 Carrera RS with TCS and ASM off, around the 'Ring against a Miura and a 250GTO? Hell yes! :driving:
(Whether I die before I lose first is debatable, though.)

Edit: Oh, and somebody should bribe them so that they include the Top Gear test track. I want to live my Jeremy Clarkson fantasies, dammit!

Yes id pay extra..550..966 Gt2 yep , also they could fling in a few Skodas to really get me reaching deep in y wallet....

I'm a wanker!

No chance. It's possible for other game developers to include the cars without doubling the price. IMO it's a weak argument from Polyphony. How many billion game units do they sell again ? That's one of the best selling PS games right there...too costly suuure.

I'm a wanker, too, but somehow I still like GT... After all, I got a PS2, GT4 and the DFP just for that ;-)
Is GT5 the same as Vision GT for the PS3? It has been scheduled at some US Site...

I think Vision GT will be cool enough, but other exotics wouldn't hurt.

I would rather see other features brought in first, like the ability to buy and install aero parts, and more courses.

A run thru Paris would be pretty sweet in, say, a Ferrari 275GTB. :twisted:

swek said:
No chance. It's possible for other game developers to include the cars without doubling the price. IMO it's a weak argument from Polyphony. How many billion game units do they sell again ? That's one of the best selling PS games right there...too costly suuure.

I agree with you 100%. I wouldn't pay more!

I think it has something to do with the principle of it. Something in the lines of that the european exotic brands are beign arrogant, and thinking they are much better than the japanese and therefore beign able to take more money. Since PD is japanese they will not let them get away with it. Dunno, just a hunch...

Carsightings said:
the should put the veyron in it :twisted:

To get the supermegahyperduper key that makes it capable of reaching 402mph you need to complete a driving mission? :lol:

I definitely wouldn't pay more for it - the special appeal of GT is to me that you are driving mainly down to earth cars, if you're really after supercars choose one of the billion car games out there featuring the famuos sport brands exclusively.

Just noticed - Oh no, I don't have to get another Playstaion again in order to play GT5 - since it's the only game I'm playing, they also could make the games more expensive and hand out the consoles for free.

Redliner said:
Carsightings said:
the should put the veyron in it :twisted:

To get the supermegahyperduper key that makes it capable of reaching 402mph you need to complete a driving mission? :lol:

A really hard one, harder then the annoying on in GT-4. They really need to get the Ferrari 288 evoluzione, 650 bhp and weighs 940kg :evil:

id definately pay more. what i am HOPING for if they do this is to do what they do with Nissan, put every single fucking model that has ever existed. (you can have different versions of the CUBE for gods sake)

swek said:

I agree, it's not the money part keeping PD from putting those cars in the game, it has to do with who or rather which game co. has the exclusive rights to those cars. *cough*EA*cough*

So until EA's exclusive contract runs out and/or they don't renew, PD is SOL.

I don't think the license fees would be the same across the board, plus look at the games that have ferraris, not much selection when compared to GT, they could be stretched thin as it is. Ferrari may just want to ask for more money from PD than other developers for whatever reason.

They could get around this the same way they did with Porsche, by using a company that provides tuned examples of the cars(there is technically no Porsche in GT).