GT500 dyno test on TG

I don't really care if people think the GT500 makes less then 500hp, because they're wrong.

The GT500 dyno portion was an insult to the intelligence of gear heads everywhere.
If you know anything about cars, you would know that.

i think i explained in the acutal ep thread about this.

i think, personally, that the dyno test was correct. it may not be to the SAE standards of course, but thats a US standard right?

anyway.

i explained that there is a multitude of other reasons why the car would be 50bhp down. fuel quality, air quality, engine up keep etc etc.

for all we know that GT500 could of needed a good oil change, been filled up with some cheap 95ron fuel from tesco with the added silicon in it and the engine might of been out of tune a little due to journos ragging its balls.

so i think the dyno test was correct for that car. im not sayin th GT500 doesnt have 500 bhp, im saying due to a set of undetermind circumstances, that particular car didnt have 500 like it should have.

did everyone just miss my post on the first page? i think the reasons i have put there...would pretty much explain it not having 500bhp

the only other explanations is...

they found out wheel hp and quoted it as engine

lied

im banking on it not being the third option.

Thread Created: March 6th, 2007, 08:52 AM
Current Date: July 24th, 2007, 10:00 AM

DeadHorse400x231.jpg

did everyone just miss my post on the first page? i think the reasons i have put there...would pretty much explain it not having 500bhp

Your posts pretty much says that you have no idea why they got the HP number that they did.

That's not an explanation.

I have a hard time believing that the people who work on TopGear are so clueless about cars that they wouldn't notice such a glaring error.
Or at least addressed it sometime before, during, or after the segment.