GTA DLC thread

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
2G4GEsy.jpg

Players have not yet received the in-game monetary apology Rockstar planned to hand out in order to assuage the player base unhappy with the game?s rocky launch week. However, the developer has announced some new, free content for both GTA Online and GTA V.

The upcoming DLC, dubbed the Beach Bum pack, will be available sometime early next month, and will feature a host of new content ? though nothing too major. The pack will add the titular beach-themed vehicles, new weapons, jobs, and some new hairstyles and tattoos for all those gamers who don?t mind having easily identifiable features when committing crimes. The pack will feature some new modes ? Deathmatches, Races, Gang Attacks, Survivals, Parachutes, and some Last Team Standings ? that will take place on beaches.

Along with the pack, Rockstar will also be releasing the Content Creator ? which can create custom Races and Deathmatches ? at the easily digestible price of free. Rockstar will also be featuring top-notch user-made content in the Rockstar Newswire, and add a little approved-by-Rockstar stamp to help the content stand out. Furthermore, Rockstar will be kicking off Social Club Events Weekends, which is more or less your standard MMO-style in-game bonus weekends where players can win special items or discounts.

The Beach Bum pack will be dropping in early November, so you don?t have to wait too long to start committing crimes and holding matches of death on sunny shores of relaxation.

http://www.geek.com/games/gta-onlin...beach-themed-content-in-upcoming-dlc-1575251/

:dance:

EDIT: Found official R* link - http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/51636/grand-theft-auto-online-update.html

Last edited:
in all seriousness, why couldnt this just go into the "GTA Online" thread?

Because stuffing everything into one big thread is dumb and makes it harder to follow. It also makes conversations more difficult to follow since multiple subjects are being discussed in a single flow.

Why wouldn't you make a new thread for this?

That and this is adding new content for Online AND Story modes.

Last edited:
Because stuffing everything into one big thread is dumb and makes it harder to follow. It also makes conversations more difficult to follow since multiple subjects are being discussed in a single flow.

Why wouldn't you make a new thread for this?

i see your point but ill say, and i mean no offence or hostility, i would have called it maybe GTA DLC thread or something so it can be truly expandable.

i see your point but ill say, and i mean no offence or hostility, i would have called it maybe GTA DLC thread or something so it can be truly expandable.

I don't know what you're talking about :p

I was hoping this pack would add scuba diving to Online, a feature from the single-player that I really enjoyed. Alas, looks like I have to wait.

Is it me or does the broken bottle have exactly the same effect as the knife (same animations, etc.)?

I haven't used it yet. The new pistol is a waste, I wish I could drop it from my weapons.

It's just like a real Saturday night special!

GTA Online Getting High Life Update Next Week

GTA-Online-High-Life-update.jpg

Bringing cars, high-end apartments and more.

By Luke Karmali

Rockstar has announced GTA Online will receive it's next update, The High Life, on Tuesday May 13.

On that date the multiplayer section of GTA 5 will be getting new high-end apartments, the ability to own two properties at the same time, four new vehicles, the Bullpup Rifle and more.

Five new real-estate options are coming to Grand Theft Auto Online at a range of upper-end locales, including Eclipse Towers and Richards Majestic, featuring new interior designs. The fact you can now own two properties simultaneously also opens up two garages to you, that can be filled with any of the old vehicles or one of the new four.

The Enus Huntley S (SUV), Dewbauchee Massacro(Sports), Pegassi Zentorno (Super) and Dinka Thrust (Motorcycle) will make their debut in GTA Online once the update is live, purchasable from Legendary Motorsport, or available from a garage property in Story Mode. This update also brings the ability to turn off contact between player-controlled vehicles in races, so you won't get rammed off the road.

Other additions to the game include the Bullpup Rifle, the Mental State player state that promises to make it clear whether opponents err on the side of action or passivity, along with new clothes, vehicle horns, celebrations and 15 new jobs, five of which are Contact Missions.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/07/gta-online-getting-high-life-update-next-week

Well, time to grind. I want that motorcycle and Zentorno.

I need to grind a bit more too, I think. I just started playing a couple weeks ago and haven't bought anything yet, not even any other guns. Figured I'd save up to buy a nice apartment and supercar. I'm not sold on the looks of the Zentorno, but I haven't seen any other pics of it yet. I can't wait to test it out on some races to see how it stacks up to the Adder.

The GTA Online "I'm Not a Hipster" Update Is Now Available

nothip.jpg

Express your incredible individualism and stand out from the herd with The post ironic, artisanal, organic, entirely independent, 100% re-claimed ?I?m Not a Hipster? Update now available for Grand Theft Auto Online. This new content update features new retro print tees, skinny jeans, hairstyles, tattoos, animal masks and more, as well as additional enhancements to general gameplay to ensure the world is constantly evolving.

Choose from seven new vehicles including classic nostalgia rides like the Glendale, Warrener, Blade and Rhapsody ? affordable cars that seem casual on the surface, but have hidden potential to be unleashed with a few modifications. The environmentally conscious set can check out the Panto microcar, while those looking to roll with their Crew in more ostentatious style can add the massive 3-axel, 6-seater Dubsta (unlocks at Rank 100) to their fleet.

nothip2.jpg

nothip3.jpg

Even Ammu-Nation is getting in on the latest non-ironic trends with the Vintage Pistol and Antique Cavalry Dagger now in stock. Make sure to try all these out in the slew of new Jobs, as part of your long arduous journey to become one of Los Santos' effortlessly cool.

Along with today's update, gear up for 12 new Jobs across an assortment of game modes, including Races that provide showcase opportunities for these new retro rides, a Deathmatch in Puerta Del Sol, two new Captures and more. There are also three new Gang Attacks in Chumash, East Vinewood and Mirror Park.

There are also tons of tweaks and updates made to Grand Theft Auto Online as part of this update. A few notable ones include:

Ten existing GTAV vehicles have been added to the southernsanandreassuperautos.com website for purchase, including Story Mode characters? vehicles:
Albany Primo
BF Surfer
Bravado Buffalo
Franklin's Bravado Buffalo S
Bravado Youga
Cheval Picador
Dundreary Regina
Trevor's Karin Rebel (clean version)
Trevor's Nagasaki Hot Rod Blazer
Michael's Obey Tailgater
Pure Gold and Brushed Gold paint colors have been added to LS Customs in the ?Metals? category. These unlock at Rank 100.
A new Pure Black window tint has been added to LS Customs, along with four new jazzy vehicle horns (including one which loops and speeds up / slows down as you drive).
Eight new individual player celebrations and four new paired Celebration animations have been added.
Players will no longer be charged Insurance costs if their vehicle is destroyed by another player who does not have enough GTA$ to pay.
Fixed an issue where, if an insured Personal Vehicle was destroyed, both parties had to pay the insurance costs.
Fixed an issue where some four-wheel drive vehicles had reverted to two-wheel drive.
Players are now able to bookmark Jobs whilst in a Playlist from the Pause menu.
Tear Gas now does more damage and lasts longer.
A small tick has been added to the first screen in the corona if a player has played a Job before, much like in the pause menu or Next Job Voting Screen.
The level of difficulty is now displayed when pressing D-pad down when playing Missions.

This update also includes a host of other adjustments, game tuning and exploit fixes. For the complete list, please visit the Rockstar Support site. To download the "I'm Not a Hipster" Update, just boot up your online-connected PS3 or Xbox 360 and start GTAV. You'll be prompted to download the automatic update (1.14) and Xbox 360 players will also be required to download an additional compatibility pack upon entering GTA Online.

Stay tuned for details on future GTA Online content updates in the weeks to come - as well as info on the upcoming "I'm Not a Hipster" Event Weekend with lots of special additional bonuses and contests happening this Friday through Sunday.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...ine-I-m-Not-a-Hipster-Update-Is-Now-Available

Normally I don't care about these... but WOWzers. The new cars are amazing, especially the Citroen SM that I can't afford. :(

I really do wish new cars would be added to the general traffic in Story Mode, not just your warehouse or whatever.

The new cars are pretty cool but not worth the money to me yet.

I did buy the 6x6 though with the money I was saving for the Zentorno (Lamborghini). That 6x6 thing is fucking badass! I love rolling around in it.

Yeah, the 6x6 thing is probably the only one I'll ever buy online. I do like the Blade muscle car thing, but I have too many muscle cars as it is.

Playing with the new cars in story mode is enough to satisfy my curiosity about them.